4 hours ago, cpschulz said:

Any third party aircraft is currently limited by the systems depth of the MSFS in my opinion. Is your aircraft more than a nice looking model or a simulation of the CRJ700? In my sight it is really annoying to have a good quality of graphics and then..........comes a lot of lack in simulation!

Sorry to be blunt, but nonsense.  Your opinion is simply wrong. Almost all systems in the CRJ are our own code ands we actually use very little default systems.  The CRJ we done for P3D was always pretty solid in these aspects (it is not a hugely complex aircraft) and this will be the same. So with EFB, full coded autopilot systems etc. 

This is NOT like the few aircraft that have been released for MFS that are indeed mainly based on the default systems. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

Friends, I was asked to posts this.   -----------------------------   Dear FlightSim Community,   We feel the expectation on us to give official information about the rel

I have seen some questions about wingflex on other sites. Now, readers here know why we do not care a lot but let me go over it one more time to close the discussion ones and for all. The CRJ

Posted Images

I just dont understand that people judge MSFS just because of default aicrafts u get with it. 😅 What is p3d with the default aircrafts only(nothing compared to MSFS if u ask me).

MSFS is good value in my opinion, spent waaaaaay less money on payware scenery and have waaaaaay better default scenery.

Lets all be patient, we will get great aircrafts soon.

Meanwhile im waiting for CRJ, A330 and Twin Otter. Im superhappy with FlyByWire mod on the A32NX :)

• Upvote 1
On 15.11.2020 at 16:26, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Your opinion is simply wrong.

If i am wrong, then in this case i am happy to read this. I would appreciate an aircraft for MSFS like the CRJ for P3D (and i am happy with CRJ in P3D). I hope you understand that I am still a little skeptical at the moment and sorry for the simple thesis in my post before.

Mathijs/Aerosoft friends,

just a short question as I cannot find an answer about this:

Can we expect the same quality aircraft for MSFS as it is for P3Dv4+? Or is MSFS not a platform to make it that way. Cause I will be patient for that as that has become (by your fault ;-)) the standard for me now.

Doing great work guys, stay safe and keep on inventing!!

Sorry was meant for the Airbus series, not the CRJ

19 minutes ago, Omar Al-Safi said:

Forgot to ask this question, before in P3D and FSX we can popup the displays of the CRJ which allows flexibility on multiple monitors setup. Will this be possible in the MSFS version? 

I will need to ask.

• Thanks 1

I really look forward to this plane! Its gonna be the first payware airliner for the new sim...crossing fingers that it will be out soon, because I can't stand P3D graphics anymore. Its crazy how good MSFS looks, and with the right aircrafts (system wise) its gonna be amazing! Exciting times for sure. Also, thanks for being so open about the status of your projects!

• Upvote 5

I just have to give aerosoft a thumbs up. I got many of your products over the years but stopped buying when msfs was announced. Truly your CRJ will be extremely appreciated for msfs. Twin otter, airbus series etc and scenery addons, dang, im hyped. Gonna be good spending some money on addons again. Maybe the sales will reach a far larger customer base with msfs than some of the other older platforms.

5 hours ago, Yodap said:

I really look forward to this plane! Its gonna be the first payware airliner for the new sim...crossing fingers that it will be out soon, because I can't stand P3D graphics anymore. Its crazy how good MSFS looks, and with the right aircrafts (system wise) its gonna be amazing! Exciting times for sure. Also, thanks for being so open about the status of your projects!

While I have been bitten badly by mentioning released dates in the past, I still feel potential customers deserve an honest answer when they ask us something. Not a marketing answer.  Not 'it will be released when it is ready'. This is 2020 and not 1990.  These days customers have forums, social media etc and play their own role in my projects. 

• Like 6

Mathijs, I just wanted to let you know I'm incredibly excited for the CRJ7 (I signed up on the forums just to let you know!). I've been really impressed by MSFS for VFR flight, but it is missing quite a few things for airliner IFR flight such as proper instrument SID/STAR/approach handling, proper procedure waypoint planning/sequencing, LNAV/VNAV coupled autopilot with proper gains/control laws, etc. Additionally, I'm not a huge fan of their Garmin product implementation which is present in most of the aircraft (having flown many hours behind a G1000, I'm not a huge fan IRL and less of a fan of the half-baked MSFS version). Having a full-fidelity airliner that can properly conduct even the most basic of airline operations would be a big step for MSFS.

On top of that, I personally like the CRJ7 as I have flown on them many times, worked at airports with regional airlines who operated them, and know a few pilots who have flown them. Not to mention it's a prolific and iconic aircraft among regional jets. I also vastly prefer regional jet type flights since I can achieve block times of <2 hours on realistic regional routes.

I sincerely hope that Aerosoft is able to release a superior product and satisfy its customers' desire for a high-quality, full fidelity airliner. I think many of us playing MSFS are sorely missing this experience from previous flight sims. While I hope that you'll see the product released in 2020, I know that providing a complete product you can be proud of is the priority and wish you well with that goal.

On 11/18/2020 at 8:26 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

While I have been bitten badly by mentioning released dates in the past, I still feel potential customers deserve an honest answer when they ask us something. Not a marketing answer.  Not 'it will be released when it is ready'. This is 2020 and not 1990.  These days customers have forums, social media etc and play their own role in my projects. 

Speaking of release, today Asobo posted this in their latest dev update:

“We are also very happy to confirm that Aerosoft continues to make good progress with the CRJ and we are increasingly hopeful that this plane can be released before the holidays.”

I would be surprised if they made such a statement without your feedback, so can we assume that you share that "increasing hope?" 😁

Thanks Mathijs for this sharp update. This is really nice of you to share such details and make us feel part of the journey...   so many other devs stick to the "it's ready when it's ready" (as you mentionned it) and it really makes me feel like being a Deutsche Bahn or SNCF user instead of a real customer who has questions on his future purchase and appreciate answers whenever it is possible of course... Thumb up for that.

Now, coming back to the CRJ, I am eagerly waiting for this aircraft as I haven't touch MSFS for weeks because of the lack of proper jetliner...  the default aircraft just do not feel realistic and flying is more like dancing rock n'roll with the aircraft at the moment.... Really hope that the CRJ (and I have no doubt about it) will bring a nice and realistic flying (AP but also hand flying) experience of a realy jet.

Thank you again !

Greg

On 11/20/2020 at 10:10 AM, RJdriver1 said:

Okay I’m just gonna ask it because I don’t think it’s been addressed yet( I may be wrong) but... Wing Flex? Surely we’ve reached the point where aerosoft can model this. It is clearly apparent when flying. 

Actually, it was and in the very first post too 😉

Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ (for MSFS) - Previews of Unreleased Products - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

On 11/20/2020 at 7:10 PM, RJdriver1 said:

Okay I’m just gonna ask it because I don’t think it’s been addressed yet( I may be wrong) but... Wing Flex? Surely we’ve reached the point where aerosoft can model this. It is clearly apparent when flying. 

In a CRJ? An aircraft well known for having very stiff wings?  

We do have the accurate data and know in detail how much the wings flex. But in moderate conditions, on a 1080 screen, looking from the cockpit to the wingtip you, the deflection would be around 4 pixels max (oh and do not send us a zillion yt vids where the camera viewpoint moves down as the wing tip moves up). How much fps are you willing to lose to that animation? It could be up to 10%. For an effect that is simply not visible in the real aircraft?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

In a CRJ? An aircraft well known for having very stiff wings?  

We do have the accurate data and know in detail how much the wings flex. But in moderate conditions, on a 1080 screen, looking from the cockpit to the wingtip you, the deflection would be around 4 pixels max (oh and do not send us a zillion yt vids where the camera viewpoint moves down as the wing tip moves up). How much fps are you willing to lose to that animation? It could be up to 10%. For an effect that is simply not visible in the real aircraft?

It’s actually quite visible on the aircraft especially on the 7’s and 9’s. can’t speak to the 1000 as I’ve never flown it but can only assume as much. 
I’m typed on aircraft and actively fly the 200/700/900 series. 

• Upvote 1

I've got to admit I searched around for some HD CRJ takeoffs and couldn't see any noticeable wingflex. Take the below for example. Mounted camera so the angle remains the same and very very little wingflex on takeoff. Certainly not worth a 10% FPS hit IMHO.

6 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry, we are not going into this discussion again. As I said when we do wing flex realistically (and not like some other companies do it) it would be a few pixels up and down. We feel that is not worth it.  

Some things never change. I remember this discussion going on ad nauseam years ago when the CRJ was originally being developed.

On 11/15/2020 at 9:19 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Answering two questions...

At this moment the WASM parts are pretty solid for the options the sim has. Not really something that bothers us a lot. As you probably know we have given Asobo most of our code so they knew what was needed and we did as much as we could to assist and test while they worked on it. At this moment there are more graphical issues that bother us as they spoil some of the work we like to do (like real 3d glass etc). There are some other aspect like the DRM we like to see different, but things do not always work out as you want. Testing is also very hard for a reason I can't disclose.

I would say there very little that would actually stop a release at this moment, the aircraft flies great, systems all work, very much on the same state as in P3D.  We just need some more modeling completed and if that means Asobo can offer us some more bits to work with so much the better.  We release when Hans, Stefan and I feel happy that we deliver a solid product. As Asobo adds more options we'll update the aircraft with it.

Would you guys consider releasing the CRJ in its current state without the mentioned SDK elements and add the elements once they become avaliable? Could you elaborate on what elements these are? Thanks!

37 minutes ago, kendry19 said:

Would you guys consider releasing the CRJ in its current state without the mentioned SDK elements and add the elements once they become avaliable? Could you elaborate on what elements these are? Thanks!

I would say the answer is "No." There's no difference really between that and an open beta, which Aerosoft just doesn't do. Other developers/software houses do so for good, as well as not so good reasons. It made sense for Asobo/MS Game Studios with MFS, but for different reasons than exist here. This question has been asked about other projects in the past, and this sums up the answers in the past. It's certainly not the case that Aerosoft needs the early income, which has been used as a reason by other developers to "pre-release" add-ons.

• Like 3