Will the FMS database still be based on Navigraph or Aerosoft AIRAC data as it is in FSX/P3D? The default MSFS NavBlue nav data is of poor quality (especially in the US). There are many missing or obsolete procedures. I am using the new Navigraph beta replacement for the default MSFS nav data and it is much better.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more images... nothing really new to see but do compare this to default aircraft and you see we are learning some new tricks.... Still a lot missing, but we are getting there! As you will see the

The name is preliminary and everything you see here is work in progress (pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-(add a few more pre-'s)-pre-Alpha stage)   First outside model shot in the hangar:

(Yes, we are aware of the problem with the sunshade. It's a bug in MSFS - you can see it in the TBM930 too). Also: Work in progress!

Posted Images

On 23.9.2020 at 17:42, Hans Hartmann sagte:

https://youtu.be/ni8Xpei7nv8

I made a short (and crude) video about how things currently look. After removing a major roadblock, it felt like the right time to share.

I guess I'll need some practice to manage all those functions with my XBox-Controller???  😉

vor 18 Stunden , JRBarrett sagte:

Will the FMS database still be based on Navigraph or Aerosoft AIRAC data as it is in FSX/P3D? The default MSFS NavBlue nav data is of poor quality (especially in the US). There are many missing or obsolete procedures. I am using the new Navigraph beta replacement for the default MSFS nav data and it is much better.

It will remain NavDataPro/Navigraph for the time being. If NavBlue data improves and when an SDK for accessing the data becomes available, I might add this as a third option.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

It will remain NavDataPro/Navigraph for the time being. If NavBlue data improves and when an SDK for accessing the data becomes available, I might add this as a third option.

And keep in mind we will deliver an up to date (!) navdatabase on release. No outdated files.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi Mathijs, how can you comment on the fact that Pmdg is not able to release the 737 on the current MSFS platform, even though they supposedly work with Asobo in close cooperation ... and how does it look with your CRJ .. do you have similar problems?

7 hours ago, janda said:

Hi Mathijs, how can you comment on the fact that Pmdg is not able to release the 737 on the current MSFS platform, even though they supposedly work with Asobo in close cooperation ... and how does it look with your CRJ .. do you have similar problems?

On 8/31/2020 at 12:20 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

For the release date we are 100% depending on the SDK and that one is not ready yet. We are assisting Asobo as best as we can with that.

• Like 1
On 9/27/2020 at 12:15 AM, janda said:

Yes, basically we have the same issues.

There are a few comments to make however. PMDG aims at a higher price level and a higher complexity and at this moment  it is that last step that makes the biggest problems. Also we have always decided with the CRJ to work as much as possible within the limits of the SDK. This makes things harder to do and increases the time to do them but when you have to work with a new platform that is based on the same SDK it makes things a lot easier.

• Thanks 1

Forgive me for maybe asking a stupid question, but will the CRJ (package?) for MSFS include the 550/700/900/1000? I've read somewhere that it's the 700/900, but also have heard it's just the 700, and somewhere else again that it's all of them.

Regardless, very impressed with what you've shown so far, I hope the issues can be resolved soon and it will be released in the upcoming months :)

• Upvote 1

Not sure if my post was missed, hope it isn't considered too rude to ask again :)
Could you comment on the texture resolution of the external model?

Thanks,
Niels.

Texture resolution means nothing if you do not know what area is covered with that texture. A  256x256 texture covering a window would be total overkill while it would be not nearly enough if it covers a whole wing.

Thanks for the reply :)

Of course, it completely depends on the paintkit, and what is depicted in a single texture. I've been comparing some hopefully fairly consistently sized objects across the board, this example the resolution of a single pax door:
Competitor also making airbuses: 300*650px
Competitor making boeings (747): 180*310px
Aerosoft's airbus a320-family: 70*140px

I don't own the old CRJ or the a330 but based on liveries made by the community:
non stair door CRJ: 135*250px
a330: 110*210px

So in that context, will the msfs version use the same texture resolution as the CRJ for p3d or will you increase it to be closer to the others?

Niels.

14 hours ago, asmit165 said:

Hi Hans and Mathijs, just wondering if we can expect a progress update sometime soon? Very excited for this product and eager to follow it's development! 😁

Yes, this week we'll have more info.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
On 11.10.2020 at 18:44, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Yes, this week we'll have more info.

My first post and I'm already whining. But is there maybe an update? I urgently need a regional jet. Thanks in advance

59 minutes ago, OlRo said:

My first post and I'm already whining. But is there maybe an update? I urgently need a regional jet. Thanks in advance

The team is working hard and making good progress. The good news is that we currently don't face any immediate roadblocks in MSFS or its SDK that would stop or delay development. That's all I can tell you for now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
vor 3 Minuten, Hans Hartmann sagte:

The team is working hard and making good progress. The good news is that we currently don't face any immediate roadblocks in MSFS or its SDK that would stop or delay development. That's all I can tell you for now.

I have never doubted that and I really appreciate your efforts. And I expect a high-quality product, as always. Maybe this is why I am so impatient. 🙂

• Upvote 2
On 24.9.2020 at 13:24, niels95 sagte:

It looks great, can't wait to purchase this and give it a spin.
a point tho, has been discussed in relation to aircraft for p3d in the past, but i think it shows even more here.

This could use higher resolution textures on the exterior, looking at the screenshots:
The red text in the second last screenshot is already quite a bit blurry, and the same goes for the top of the lufthansa letters in the last screenshot.

Has the texture resolution been increased compared to the p3d version or the same resolution? Increasing it would really make it 'pop' so much more.
Of course i can understand the concerns for performance, but maybe giving the livery painter the option to use high res textures would be possible?

Thanks!
Niels.

To soften speculations: Those images showed the OLD Prepar3D paintkit, so this is an intermediary state shown on the forum. In the end we fully utilize the new possibilities

putting those fine details out of the paintkits and into special DECAL materials which go down to the millimeter range in detail. The old labels and details will be removed in

conclusion. Also rivets and welds carrying normal/bump map details are still missing in the images.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1