• Aerosoft

make sure that your complete system is updated. It can save you a lot of problems.

- graphics driver

- OS (windows 10 2004 is probably best)

- and all you windows store apps.

That last one might be new to some people. But a LOT of the Windows 10 apps on your system are what is called Window Store Apps. These are rather special, do not have exe files for example. And all the XBox stuff that is needed is Store app.  You update these by pressing the windows key and enter 'Store'. It should show this:

Please login to display this image.

Open that app.

Now in the top right corner you will see the amount of apps that have updates. 

Now click on Update all. Certain if the Xbox Identity Provider app is not up to date you might have problems.

Cl

Hi, thanks for this post.

I already did those steps. Everything is up to date, Windows 10 version 2004, MS store and Xbox services are up to date too. And even Nvidia drivers are updated to the last version.

It's still asking for the disc after install it from the Store. :( (Just installed the first 900MB, the message appears BEFORE download the 90GB data)

The MSFS version downloaded is 1.7.12.0

Oh, really?

So I can't play it because of that. I want this version as part of my collection but I don't want to use the DVDs... Who has a DVD drive nowadays?

So, should I ask for a refund and get digital version? I received it as a present, so it will be difficult...

34 minutes ago, schwoier said:

Would it be possible to create an ISO-File of the Disc #1 und mount it in a virtueil drive?

I do that with X-Plane 11 and it works perfect.

I will try this, but it's unbelievable we have to do this for a 130€ product...

• Aerosoft
35 minutes ago, Zarza said:

I will try this, but it's unbelievable we have to do this for a 130€ product...

Please contact Microsoft and let them know, we are unable to change this, but they are able to do that.

37 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Please contact Microsoft and let them know, we are unable to change this, but they are able to do that.

Thanks Mathijs. I'll do that.

I contacted them yesterday but we were looking for a Store problem, I didn't know about this limitation.

Best regards,

R

22 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

make sure that your complete system is updated. It can save you a lot of problems.

- graphics driver

- OS (windows 10 2004 is probably best)

- and all you windows store apps.

That last one might be new to some people. But a LOT of the Windows 10 apps on your system are what is called Window Store Apps. These are rather special, do not have exe files for example. And all the XBox stuff that is needed is Store app.  You update these by pressing the windows key and enter 'Store'. It should show this:

Open that app.

Now in the top right corner you will see the amount of apps that have updates. 

Now click on Update all. Certain if the Xbox Identity Provider app is not up to date you might have problems.

Cl

I have the Microsoft store updated and have installed the MSFS Premium deLuxe version properly and to satisfaction. The simulator run smooth until I come close to Frankfurt EDDF- then it crashes...a memory issue I guess. Anyhow I wonder :

1) what you say about the Windows version, I have 1909 but you claim 2004 is better, I have heard that it is stil buggy and have therefore decided to wait- can it have an impact on the performance?

2) am I entitled to run MSFS on my Xbox, I dont find any indications on that on the MS Store or in the Xbox itself as logged in ? If yes, what to do?

3) is there a comprehensive Manual over settings available for the PC version or is it learning by doing?

4) What to expect in terms of "Real Traffic" - so far I see no landing och t/o aircraft, only parked ones? Setting issue?

and finally

5) Windowed version i.e. is there any way of implementing VATSIM for instance or am I simply to early...?

Åke

• Aerosoft

1) I see absolutely no reason to assume 2004 is more buggy then any other version, I only know MS prefers it for MFS.

2) As far as we know, not, but I believe nothing has been said about this.

3) As every machine is different that would be the longest manual ever....

4) If you see an issue there best to discuss that with Microsoft.

5) no idea, sorry.

40 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

1) I see absolutely no reason to assume 2004 is more buggy then any other version, I only know MS prefers it for MFS.

2) As far as we know, not, but I believe nothing has been said about this.

3) As every machine is different that would be the longest manual ever....

4) If you see an issue there best to discuss that with Microsoft.

5) no idea, sorry.

OK

Archived