Black windows when there is rain (A320, P3Dv5, W10 64)

Yesterday I noticed that the front and side windows of the A320 became black when rain started and returned to normal when the rain stopped. This happened both on 2D and VC , at first with Active Sky but later I could repeat it by setting the weather in P3Dv5.

Attached is a picture showing the black front window. The side window has been opened by me and one can see the outside clearly.

The Airbus is up to date, same is my Windows 10 (version 2004) and the bird was installed with the v5 installer. Graphic card is Nvidia 1080 with 452.06 driver (same trouble with older Nvidia driver)

This happened to me first during approach to EDDS, I managed by opening a new view (Views, New View, Cockpit, Cockpit) so that I could land.

Any help?

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This sounds like an issue with TrueGlass on P3Dv5. If I remember correct the TrueGlass installer runs now after PC restart. So please try reinstall the Airbus, restart your PC and then when it prompts run the trueglass installer as well and update through the ASUpdater. Hopefully this helps.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hmm.. alright. It definitely sounds like an issue with TrueGlass. Unfortunately I am not really able to pin what exactly it could be.

are you running the latest version if P3Dv5 with HF2?

• Deputy Sheriffs

On the top P3D menu under Add-Ons there is a selection for TrueGlass where you can disable and enable it. If you disable it there, do the black windows still remain or is everything normal then in rain?

Never saw that possibility before I have to admit.

Bingo, TrueGlass disabled and one could see through the windows again. The trouble maker is TrueGlass indeed.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks Juergen,

I think in this case it would be best if you could ask directly from TFDi about this issue. Hopefully they can sort it out for you.

No idea who TFDi is. If it is the creator of TrueGlass as I suspect I will certainly not interfere in matters between Aerosoft as the "main contractor" and its apparent "sub-contractor" TFDi

• Deputy Sheriffs

TFDi is the creator of TrueGlass indeed. It's their product after all that is used as part of the Airbus as well as several other add-ons. Since this looks like an issue with TrueGlass rather than issue on the Airbus itself it would be best if you contacted the creators of TrueGlass (TFDi Design) since I am sure they can troubleshoot this issue for you much better and introduce a fix into it if there indeed is an issue. There is nothing that we can really do to troubleshoot or fix when the issue is on another product (which in this case is simply used as part of our product).

• Deputy Sheriffs

The product you are having issues with is indeed TFDi's product. Not Aerosoft's. It's used by our product but it's not our product. Therefore you have to contact TFDi in order to get support to get it fixed. Especially since you are the only user that I know currently experiencing this issue, so there is no common deminator that we could tell to TFDi that they have to fix. They need to troubleshoot this for you. There is simply nothing that we can do about it on our side. We just use their product as part of our product.

• Aerosoft

Juergen, I understand this is frustrating, burt if something works for thousands of people and not for you, it is not fair to assume the software is faulty. As we simply have no idea why your specific system has an issue with this, it seems reasonable that we ask you to seek answers from the developers directly at: https://support.tfdidesign.com/support/tickets/new. Do refer them to this chat so they know what has been done. 

If you prefer not to do so our answer to your support issue is' sorry, we simply do not know' 

Archived