Hallo, Nachdem ich den ersten Part der DVD Installation abgeschlossen habe werden weitere 120 GB benötigt um lediglich eine 1 GB Datei runterzuladen. Das kann doch so nicht richtig sein...

Hello, after i have completet the first Part of the installation from DVD, there will be 120 GB needed  for only install a 1 GB File. Is that right or only a problem made by me?

Please login to display this image.

Hello Hightower2020,

I had the same problem today. The Box-content (±90Gb)was copied to my c-drive (SSD)(Default install path) . There was about 60Gb free space left on the C-drive after the copyc process finished. Then aerosoft`s installer launches the store application, where I could link my serial code to my microsoft account. So far so good.

Then that same message as yours pops up, stating it needs 127Gb of free space.

My guess here is that Microsoft store makes a mistake while calculating the needed free space. It does not take into account that there is already 90Gb installed for owners of the Boxed version.

I redirected the store installer to another harddrive. After that there was an additional ±28Gb downloaded.

I found 2 additional folder on this other harddrive:

1-WpSystem 8Gb

2-WindowsApp, I do not have access to it

At this point I have no idea where the last 20Gb that was downloaded are installed

The flightsim is up and running😊

However I do not like this split installation,  I am going to look into this tomorrow

Just sharing...

Johan

Hello Johan, thanks for the answer, maybe it is because i am an Alpha Tester for some time...and maybe the Alpha installation was not correct removed.. I have now installed my PC new, an i will hope it will work, i am now at DVD 4 😉 

Well , it takes some time. Lots of coffee 😉

I had a short night sleep, but have already read that there could be sometimes problems uninstalling and reinstalling.

Instaling the PC new is always a good thing to do 👌

For me, the sim is up and running, I am going to leave everything as it is for now.

I will be replacing my mainboard,cpu and ram at the end of the year. Then I `ll do a complete new install as well

Happy flying

On 18.8.2020 at 22:05, Hightower2020 sagte:

Hello, after i have completet the first Part of the installation from DVD, there will be 120 GB needed  for only install a 1 GB File. Is that right or only a problem made by me?

Maybe this number refers to the disk space needed for the Premium Deluxe Version. After installing the DVD content I got ~94 GB on my disk. The launcher download in the store adds another 1 GB and then when starting the game the built in content manager downloads the rest which adds about 107 GB. So, overall my MFS installation (Premium Deluxe) has a size of ~202 GB.

But the strange thing I just noticed is that all the DVD content (94 GB) is included in the Download Content (107 GB). Same folders are there plus the additional premium deluxe content. So, I am wondering whether I can delete the DVD content. It seems like when downloading the content from the Microsoft store it didn't notice that there was already installed DVD content and downloaded all again.

EDIT: I uninstalled the downloaded content and the launcher again. Then installed launcher from the store again, started MFS and at the content manager screen this time I chose the DVD content folder as directory and now it detects the already installed DVD content and is only installing another 20 GB. Before I didn't change the given directory path because I thought it knows what it was doing. It was pointing to the AppData directory which is located on another drive (OS drive) but has a symbolic link to my MFS drive, meaning the files are stored on my MFS drive and not my OS drive. So I thought MFS would also detect the DVD content this way. Apparently this wasn't the case.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived