Hi,

when installing from the DVDs, I get the following error right on the first DVD. How can I fix this?

Best regards

Please login to display this image.

Hello , 

I'm currently installing and have these messages for various files. I have the boxed standart version.

I this a problem ? or fixed and validate an online check this files ?

I will try if the sim  works. See example below.

I ignore it and the inst. continues ...

Greetings Frank

I also got these Issues. They were not possible to avoid, no antivirus deactivation,  no iso on my hard drive possible.

I just ordered my money back and will now buy via MS directly. This is absolutely unacceptable.

• Aerosoft

There are two options you might use here (or rather three)

• copy the "corrupted" dvd files to a temp-path, during the installation with the prompt to insert DVD X use the BROWSE/SEARCH Button to the temp-path
  • Go to Microsoft Store Log in or create an account
    Redeem code (5x5 format)
    Perform download, approx. 1 GB
    Select Play / Start
    An XBOX account query may come up
    (Only the download process is running in the background, depending on the Internet speed, this process may take some time)
    "Please insert the Microsoft Flight Simulator-Disc" => Insert DVD 1 in the DVD drive
  • If you are sure the DVD is corrupt feel free to return that disk to use and we'll replace it.

I receive my box version today, on 5th DVD an CRC error found. event viewer id 7: The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.

How to install my Sim now?

Order: 1120222520

Panos M Georgotas

• Root Admin

Drop us a ticket at support@aerosoft.com

OR

There are two options you might use here (or rather three)

• copy the "corrupted" dvd files to a temp-path, during the installation with the prompt to insert DVD X use the BROWSE/SEARCH Button to the temp-path
  • Go to Microsoft Store Log in or create an account
    Redeem code (5x5 format)
    Select Play / Start
    (Only the download process is running in the background, depending on the Internet speed, this process may take some time)
    "Please insert the Microsoft Flight Simulator-Disc" => Insert DVD 1 in the DVD drive
  • If you are sure the DVD is corrupt feel free to return that disk to use and we'll replace it.

Hello everybody I also have the error with the box version with the DVD 5 that the installation after 10min with the error CRC error aborts, the DVD 1-4 work. Tried to copy the content of the DVD and then install it from the drive, also here the DVD hangs and stops copying after 58%. Others also have the problem ..., seems to be a serial error with DVD 5 ... the Lauferk/ Disc Player works, otherwise the grounded 4 DVDs would not work. See attachement...

that's my problem, I can't copy the data, after 58% 10 minutes it remains heard / stagnates. this will also be the error with the normal installation ...
The other DVD go.

Mod Edit: Font size reduced to 14 pt. The original size comes across as shouting (rude). If sent by smartphone and that's the default font size, please consider resizing it.

I had same problem during initial installation with DVD 2. Installation terminated and i had to start again with DVD 1. Same problem again when i got to DVD 5, error message and that was as far as i could go.

I have tried a further three times to install from DVD, starting with DVD 1 and getting error message below when i get to DVD 6. Annoyed that i pre-ordered and paid 130 euros plus delivery and three days in and

i still havent got to see this 'great' sim that everyone is raving about.

@ Aerosoft... 

what's going on, what are your measures?

That sounds like a global issue ... / problem

I also wrote to technical support, but haven't received an answer yet.

• Root Admin

as mentioned before in the thread please note ...
Our support appointment is working flat out to respond to all tickets promptly.

Drop us a ticket at support@aerosoft.com

OR

There are two options you might use here (or rather three)

copy the "corrupted" dvd files to a temp-path, during the installation with the prompt to insert DVD X use the BROWSE/SEARCH Button to the temp-path
    Go to Microsoft Store Log in or create an account
    Redeem code (5x5 format)
    Select Play / Start
    If you are sure the DVD is corrupt feel free to return that disk to use and we'll replace it.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue at first attempt to install on disk 7.

After some tries I accepted to skip the file with the hope the installazion will work anyway.

Then I had to remove and reinstall all again because of an error starting the program.

My second attempt gave me the CRC error right away with the first disk. That was strange because the first attempt stopped at disk nr. 7

So I think that the problem is not the DVD nr. 7 but something happening during the installation.

So I ejected the DVD withot stopping the installation, I checked phisically the DVD and noticed that the outmost part of the disk was dirty of my fingerprints.

I accurately cleaned the surface with a glasses clean tissue and put back the DVD.

After waiting the spinning of the driver I clicked RETRY again a couple of time but nothing happened, still the error.

Then without doing anything else I opened the explorer and browsed the DVD content.

After that clicking RETRY the installation went right to the end.

So I guess that even the minor dirty on the DVD surface is causing the reading error.

I hope this helps peolple having this issue.

One thing I blame the producer, the DVD the ways they are packed is not a good solution, they already have scratches when the first time I opened the box.

This is unaceptable, no quality check and poor storage solution.

Hello, 

after two weeks installation process and finding error`s.

Now i fixed the crc error.

I make some troubleshootung steps to find out what the problem is.

I copy the datas (cab files) from the  dvd´s to the hdd. This works , so i think that the dvd are not defect. Than i install the setup.exe from the copyed folder. 

Ok, i got same error -crc failure.  

So , i install the dvd on an another pc. there it works fine - without troubles. 

Mhh , so the dvd are ok !! But what is the problem. I use also a new ssd from samsung 850 pro - same problem.

So i make brainstorming, i think by the copy process the datas are running from dvd to the cpu and make a checksum check through the memorys. 

I had in the past some bluescreens, so install the dvd without the first memory module because i think there is a defect memory modul and calculate wrong return values .

And here we go , no error messages  . MSFS2020 works and runs very well.  

So, maybe this info helps.

Thanks 

Frank

Archived