We have at this moment problems with e-mails coming to us via Microsoft servers (Outlook, Hotmail, Live, etc). We are in contact with Microsoft to solve this issue.

FlyAgi

xBox One controller rudder axis

Is there any way to get the rudder axis working with an xbox one controller? The default controller setup assigns LT/RT as buttons for the rudder control and this ends up in having either full ruder input or none, 100% oder 0 % and I can't fly any aircraft this way. I tried to assign the rudder axis manually but this does not work out, the simulator does not recognize the triggers as an axis it seems but thinks those are buttons.

• Like 1

I do not think so as you would need another axis for that. But select autorudder and you should avoid the issue.

Well... autorudder is not an option for me, in the end I don't want to play a game but simulate flying to some degree and having analog rudder controls is a basic requirement for that and in every other simulator (FSX, P3D, XP, no matter what versions) this is possible and already set up in the default controller profiles. I have also filed a bug regarding this, hopefully this will get fixed in the future as I expect most users coming from the gamer side will start over with an xbox gamepad, this is a very common device and can be considered as the standard gamepad for windows users.

• Like 1

Yes, but a controller is not really suited for serious simulation. Even if MS would find a way of letting a button behave as a axis , which I think will never work, it will still be a poor substitute for a real controller.

vor 2 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Yes, but a controller is not really suited for serious simulation.

Well, I have to disagree here. With this kind of gamepad I can fly even helicopters in X-plane just fine without any asists and in general there is no reason to say that a gamepad is not suited for serious simulation, it's just as good as cheap josyticks, in some regards it's even better.

vor 2 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Even if MS would find a way of letting a button behave as a axis

The triggers are not buttons, they are analogue triggers bound to one axis but MSFS does not recognize them properly and does not allow to configure them properly. Other simulators, as I said before, can handle this just right, I have never seen any single game for years not supporting anlogue triggers, it's a standard gamepad capability since the late 1990s.

• Like 1

Well, you will have to talk to Microsoft about that. Nothing we can do.

I can only say that LT/RT of a PS3 Gamepad work out of the box and are assigned as Rudder axis. Unfortunately, I cannot check the specific settings on my system right now, but overall it does work.

• Like 2

Well...my PS3 gamepad is recognized as XBOX 360 Controller out of the box, so I'm pretty sure this works with your controller also. Especially, as the sim is also highly intended to attract the XBOX audience. What is shown in Control Panel when you press the shoulder buttons? Here, they are recognized as z-axis:

image.png

• Like 2

vor 13 Stunden , BenBaron sagte:

What is shown in Control Panel when you press the shoulder buttons?

The Controller is working fine, no issues in other simulators, games or the windows calibration but the Triggers don't work right in MFS, also there is not sensitivity configuration for the Rudder because of the buttons assignment. If I assign manually to "rudder axis" I can only assign LT or RT because the simulator does not understand that they both are technically one axis, as you mentioned already it's recognized as Z-axis by the windows calibration. If I assign one of the triggers as axis it works perfectly (meaning the rudder moves softly depending on how much I push the trigger) but I can only assign one of the Triggers and I end up having only left rudder.

vor 3 Stunden , Der Merowinger sagte:

Did you try this:

Not yet but will try it out. 🙂

On 8/18/2020 at 10:30 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, but a controller is not really suited for serious simulation. Even if MS would find a way of letting a button behave as a axis , which I think will never work, it will still be a poor substitute for a real controller.

Well I do use controllers to simulate too, and a controller as XBOX One Controller is very suitable for simulation, considering that this device has two triggers to simulate the two axis of peddals. To coordinate these movements in the brain like the actual movements of pedals, let's say that logically it is much better than using a joystick with a torsion axis. It is good to know the opinions of the aerosoft administrator, so I know that aerosoft products in general are not made for those who do not have a complete simulation package, it is something to be avoided especially if we have aerosoft aircraft. Yoke real pilots must freak out when their company changes aircraft to a joystick one!

Disappointing.