DGXI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

jkmullin

The dreaded DGXI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error.  I know what you are going to say. You are going to swear this error has nothing to do with the plane and it's the simulator.  But this is the only plane I get it with.  I have hundreds of hours with PMDG planes and have never see this error when flying one...only the Aerosoft Airbus.  Lately, I can't even complete a short flight with the A319.  I'm lucky if I can even get off the ground before it crashes.  The A320 and A321 are better, but even then, it's a crapshoot if I'm going to finish the flight, especially if it's a longer one.  It's to the point that I don't even fly these anymore because I can count on a crash.

I can't put my finger on exactly when it started, but when I first bought these planes, I didn't have any issues.  I've reinstalled everything.  I even reinstalled my entire OS trying to fix it, but the problem is just as persistent as before.

Prepar3d v4.5 HF3, Airbus Professional 1.3.1.0

1 hour ago, jkmullin said:

The dreaded DGXI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error.  I know what you are going to say. You are going to swear this error has nothing to do with the plane and it's the simulator.  But this is the only plane I get it with.  I have hundreds of hours with PMDG planes and have never see this error when flying one...only the Aerosoft Airbus.  Lately, I can't even complete a short flight with the A319.  I'm lucky if I can even get off the ground before it crashes.  The A320 and A321 are better, but even then, it's a crapshoot if I'm going to finish the flight, especially if it's a longer one.  It's to the point that I don't even fly these anymore because I can count on a crash.

I can't put my finger on exactly when it started, but when I first bought these planes, I didn't have any issues.  I've reinstalled everything.  I even reinstalled my entire OS trying to fix it, but the problem is just as persistent as before.

Prepar3d v4.5 HF3, Airbus Professional 1.3.1.0

Have you tried wiping and then installing the latest graphics driver?   You have to wipe the existing one using DDU.

Why don't you have to do this with PMDG?  Because PMDG does not use the latest P3D compilers and we do.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Have you tried wiping and then installing the latest graphics driver?   You have to wipe the existing one using DDU.

I tried that before I reinstalled anything else.  Made no difference at all.  I've tried every different thing I could find on the different forums to fix this issue.  None of it made things better. Some seemed to make it worse, but that was probably just my imagination.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Why don't you have to do this with PMDG?  Because PMDG does not use the latest P3D compilers and we do.

That's not a very ringing endorsement of the new compilers.

Well, I run the Airbuses under P3Dv4 and v5  and I dont have this issue, and I personnally know st least 30 guys who also don't have this issue so I'm sorry to have to say its something on your system. Could well be P3D iitself.

Which video card are you running and how VDAM does it have?

Something else I thought of...  when you run DDU, you absoltuely first have to restart Windows in the Safe Mode, otherwise it's not a safe bet of wiping previous drivers. I mention this only because I've seen others who didn't run DDU under the Windows Safe mode.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please login to display this image.

I had this error in the past, not running the Bus, but a default aircraft running in a very dense area with high settings. Installing the latest stable nvidia driver solved it.

• 2 weeks later...

Add me to the list getting this error only on AS (both AB professional and CRJ professional). 

In my case my system is brand new (2 days old):

i7-9700KF

MSI RTX2070 Super 8 GB

I am running the latest game ready drivers 452.06

The error happens no matter what airport I load into

The Aerosoft products were the FIRST I installed.  I got this error over default everything in P3Dv5.

I am now running other aircraft and ORBX and Pilots Mesh and add on airports and never see this error (fingers crossed)

For me the error happens right after the aircraft loads in, sometimes while the cockpit is initializing, sometimes right after.  I can turn down all the sliders and uncheck all the buttons in P3D and still get the error.  I can also confirm that this happens with any of the default liveries as well as iniBuilds liveries.   Upon initial install I ran the updater and am on v1.4.0.2.  I also uninstalled and re-installed it twice.

So with all of that, something points to the a/c. I am not sure how any other conclusion can be drawn.  We all know that just because 30 people don't report a problem, that does not mean one does not exist.

For good measure, right after the post above I uninstalled-rebooted-reinstalled-rebooted-updated-rebooted

1st load in KMIA LatinVFR Gate 27....DGXI crash after 4 seconds at the gate

rebooted

2nd load in KFAM (default airport in the middle of nowhere) DGXI crash after 4 seconds

rebooted

3rd load in disabled Navigraph on the EFB just on a hunch, DGXI crash after 4 seconds

Loaded PMDG 737 NGXu into same scenarios no crash.  Loaded every default vehicle into same scenarios.  No crash. 

Again, I cannot stress enough that this is not a fresh re-install or update of P3D.  It is a brand new install, only a couple of days old.  With everything I have done, I cannot see where the problem could lie anywhere else but in the aircraft. 

Anyhow, enough of this.  Off to fly.

Same here. Oddly enough, the A321 CFM engines do not give me a crash. Every other aircraft from A318 to A330 crashes except the A321 CFM engines. Even the IAE engines on the A321 cause the hung error. It's so frustrating. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I also had it in the past. But for me it was also a driver item.

This problem has a very long topics in the P3D forum. It’s a problem of the platform and not the addon. 
If I remember correct in the first topics in P3D forum it was also mentioned that it happens often with stock overclocked GPU.

Does it also happen if you set the lowest possible settings in P3D?

If I understood it correctly, the culprit is the way DX12 handles VRAM.
The older DX versions of DX12 swapped out to memory when the VRAM limit was reached - I think everyone remembers the jerking of the sim which followed.

DX12 only uses the built-in VRAM - nothing more.

If it is used up, the error message appears.

Just try with reduced settings (textures etc.).

Is it possible that Microsoft still uses DX11 in the new MSFS for this reason?

• 2 weeks later...

Real Light is the problem.  Deactivate it and the hung errors go away.  Funny thing is the A330 doesn't need Real light, but the A318-321 does.  Otherwise you don't get the overhead panels to light up

• Aerosoft
18 minutes ago, Deltaguy24 said:

Real Light is the problem.  Deactivate it and the hung errors go away.  Funny thing is the A330 doesn't need Real light, but the A318-321 does.  Otherwise you don't get the overhead panels to light up

The A330 uses a more modern technology that was not available when we did the older busses.

I wish you could put that technology in the older busses so we could fly them at night, dawn or dusk.  Real Light is 100% the problem.  I have done some extensive testing on your product as well as QW787 that uses Real Light.  If you deactivated the .dll file, there are zero device hung errors.  With it activated, the second you turn the dial on the overhead brightness dial, it crashes with a runtime error. Maybe there could be an update on the older busses to get around having to use Real light

• Deputy Sheriffs

In the supportfiles folder is the Reallight installer.

Run it via command:

reallightinstaller.exe /beta 

That will install the latest files from TFDi servers.

Maybe it solves the device hung. But that might have side effects, as it is not fully tested.

• 2 weeks later...

I got this error too but my root cause was wrong version of Reshade and too much OC of the GPU.

Since I rolled back to a older version of Reshade (yes I know you dont like such shader stuff^^) and redcued the clock speed of my GPU all is good.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Bernd E. said:

I got this error too but my root cause was wrong version of Reshade and too much OC of the GPU.

Since I rolled back to a older version of Reshade (yes I know you dont like such shader stuff^^) and redcued the clock speed of my GPU all is good.

Thanks for the information. But it underlines again it’s a problem of stressing the GPU, driver thing or general P3D problem. At least not related to the Airbus.

• 1 month later...

Ok. I had the same problem after a fresh P3D install. I’ve been crazy for days but looks like I found a solution now. 
(PS. The problem started after installing Qualitywings 787 but it was reproduced on every aircraft using trueglass/ligh)

- Delete trueglass and realights folder in P3D/gauges including the dll’s

- Go to airbus support files folder and run the 2 installers

This seem to have solved the issue for me

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

I also had recently the device hang problem. As I had current dll, the problem was solved by deleting Prepar3d.cfg. Got rid of previous “tweaks” and now use more conventional settings.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived