Wind data load in FMC

pierre fsx

Hi,

Don't know why but since the win 10 2004 update, I can no longer load the wind info in the Airbus Pro in P3D v5. Where does the FMC gets the info from? Where is the files located? 

Thanks 

Pierre Nantel 

• Deputy Sheriffs

You need to have a flightplan loaded in Active Sky in order to get the wind data. This will generate a .wx file that the Airbus will read.

Yes I am aware of this, I do have a flight plan loaded in active sky, but what is the path where the XflightplanX.WX is saved. Where on my drive does the FMC look for that file?

Pierre

• Deputy Sheriffs

If I remember correct it will take the winds from file called "activeflightplanwx.txt" which should be located on the same folder after loading a flight plan on active sky.

Also note that the route loaded in your FMGS needs to be same as the route on this file. So make sure you have the route programmed in the FMGS fully before requesting for the winds.

Hi,

Thanks for the info, I do have the "activeflightplanwx.txt" in the C:\Users\Pierr\AppData\Roaming\Hifi\ASP3D\Weather directory and I have the flight plan in C:\Users\Pierr\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files\KLGAYUL02.pln. The same flight plan is also save in C:\Users\Pierr\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Flight plan. I use PFPX to create the flight plan on a second PC. 

I do load the plan in ActiveSky before I load the plan in the FMC in the plane. ActiveSky load the file from C:\Users\Pierr\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files.

But I do not get the wind info.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pierre

KLGACYUL02.pln

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do you also have the the .flp file that goes into your A3XX Flight Plan folder? I will check with the .flp file and .pln file rogether and see if I can recreate this issue.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks.

I just did a quick test on this with the .flp and .pln files you sent. Winds did load fine for me except for the climb winds which stayed blank. When I went to LEGS page and removed the first waypoint (LGA) from there and requested the wind again everything went normally. Not sure why exactly it wouldn't give the CLB winds if the LGA VOR is there as the first waypoint.

Could you try this yourself removing the LGA VOR and then loading the winds and let me know if that works?

Archived