Ground Textures vanish after dusk

Rohan_Swift

Hi everyone, I recently purchased the FSDG Lite- Bangalore scenery for FSX. The scenery is wonderful during the daytime (of the sim) but during the evening as soon as it starts becoming dusky all the taxiway markings and runway markings just disappear and a grey layer is formed. This happens even in some parts of Mega Airport Oslo (daytime too). I have attached a few pictures and would not mind attaching more pictures or answering any of your questions which you may feel is necessary to guide me :)

Please login to display this image.

I am not sure what you mean by shaders but the scenery is a payware addon by aerosoft. I have not installed any mesh or anything from Orbx. Only the airport is 3rd party everything else is default by Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Hello again, I changed the name of the fsx.cfg folder and after restarting the sim it asked me some details which I would have done during the initial setup. During this I noticed that the preview DX10 option was turned off and when it was turned off the sceneries worked as it should. I turned it on and it gave me a message that I should restart the sim for the changes to take place. After doing so everything was back to normal. So I think the issue is with the DX10. A few months ago I had disabled Dx10 preview but then after 20-30 minutes my sim crashed and I go a message that FSX was consuming more memory than that was allocated to it and it had to close. This is all I know so far. Please help!!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well the problem is that FSX is old as hell, a totally outdated technology. DX10 was always called "Preview" and never made it into the final product. Thats the reason why most developers refrained from using DX10 technology in FSX as it was not reliable. So safest way is to leave it turned off. There is a tool called DX10Fixer, which solves some issues.

The memory message you got is typical for FSX. FSX is a 32bit app which can only access a max of 4GB RAM regardless how much RAM physically is installed. This problem got more imminent in the last years of FSX when more and more complex addons (aircraft, scenery etc.) were available asking for more RAM. In combination with high settings in FSX this error came up very frequently. Only solution was to turn down settings or to switch to a modern 64bit platform like P3D.

That is true sir, I am looking at ways to purchase the DX10 fixer and move to P3D in the future. I have invested a lot on FSX/P3D so even the MSFS2020 will be a hard shot. I thank you both for your time. 

This topic can be closed now

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived