Mathijs Kok

Tens of thousands of MFS copies...

Hope there won't be any delays 😉

And that Microsoft's servers will cope with the extra stress on release day 😎

Johan

Well, as with other large projects we simply put everybody in the warehouse and hope the courier services can keep up.

• Upvote 1

They are probably hiring extra people right now 😉

Looking forward to receiving my copy😎

Thank you all for the hard work

So, will the sim be improved until release compared to the gold version on the discs?

14 minutes ago, tweekz said:

So, will the sim be improved until release compared to the gold version on the discs?

TBH, not sure what you mean. The content is fixed since quite a while, or how do you think that tens of thousans of boxes could have been poduced?

After the 18th August we will see if/what additional/improved content MS will deliver online.

vor 3 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

TBH, not sure what you mean. The content is fixed since quite a while, or how do you think that tens of thousans of boxes could have been poduced?

After the 18th August we will see if/what additional/improved content MS will deliver online.

My question was if the sim will be improved until release (compared to the gold master - the disc version).

Yes, the moment you start it for the first time it will update all files. So you end up with the latest version. It checks for new files on every start-up btw. Not always very practical.

• Like 1

Hi Mathijs,

will you start with the delivery of the first copies,  on the 17th or 18th? 

You mentioned that the discs are “only“ including the Installer and the content and that the software (I guess that’s the core engine)  it self will be downloaded during the installation process. Can you provide at least an indication on the file size. Will it be in the one digit GB range or are we talking about an additional 80-90GB?

thanks in advance!

Moritz

Do you really think one day sooner or later makes any difference? Relax ;)

I am sure that the download will be in the upper 2 digit range.

When you have a strong addiction to flight simulation every second counts! So YES! And no P3D and XP won’t help to overcome one day. 

So I am counting on you guys that my new sim will be delivered with UPS express (27 Euros) on time on the morning of the 18th latest! :) That is my birthday so surprise me...

Cheers!

Have just broken my leg, and got a rupture of some ligaments in leg and foot (it wasn't on purpose!). And i'm beeing honest i'm awaiting the new MFS so much that i'm gonna stay up all niight from 17th to 18th do download and play it as fast as possible so... so every second counts 😁

• Like 1

Just wondering.

Will people that order a hardcopy of the new flightsim that is sold out, get a notification during the order process?

It has been removed from the shop, so that should not be an issue.

Okay,

disregard this question please.

Just checked into the shop. Should have done this first.

All clear 👌

vor 2 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Btw, most boxes are sold out already.

That's really fine!

Congratulations to Asobo for this product and congratulations to Microsoft for its marketing.

And now imagine there would be a fine flight simulator with less hardware requirements so that nearly everybody in the second and third world could use it.
Can you imagine how many addons you could sell for this FS with a good marketing?

Edit - by the way: from some social projects I know that there are also many, many people in the first world who can't afford expensive PC hardware. Not only scholars, students, family fathers and retired people . . .

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, TorstenFS said:

And now imagine there would be a fine flight simulator with less hardware requirements so that nearly everybody in the second and third world could use it.
Can you imagine how many addons you could sell for this FS with a good marketing?

I can imagine: None, because the hardware is not able to handle such addons.

2 minutes ago, TorstenFS said:

Very little, so little it is commercially just not feasible. Has never happened and will never happen. 
We are aiming for that market with https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/130420-world-of-aircraft-glider-simulator/ but not with the intention of selling add-ons.

• Upvote 1

vor 23 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We are aiming for that market with https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/130420-world-of-aircraft-glider-simulator/ but not with the intention of selling add-ons.

Nice! 🙂

If it would be finished with whole Germany with photorealistic ground (maybe in 16 parts) and if we could integrate FSX aircrafts, I would buy it immediately.
(For me no autogen would be needed 🙂 - just some good landmarks and POI's 🙂
)

Edit: I think you could sell these 16 products in tourist offices, campsites, in tourist busses, on airports, in bookstores and magazine stores at the train stations and so on.

Just imagine other famous touristic regions. 

Very nice idea! Very, very nice!

• Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, TorstenFS said:

If it would be finished with whole Germany with photorealistic ground (maybe in 16 parts) and if we could integrate FSX aircrafts, I would buy it immediately.

I am sorry, I do not believe you actually read the text. The project is absolutely not intended to do anything like that, never was, never will. What you are describing is FSX:Steam, very suitable for lower end machines and endlessly expandable. WoA are only stand alone simulation products. 

• Like 2

And imagine in each of these 16 products would be another new aircraft 🙂

All the people will try to collect each of these products.
I want to become shareholder for this product series! 😉

Edit: sorry, our answers had crossed each others!

Sorry for dreaming:

if I were you I would buy Flight Sim World from Dovetail for an apple and an egg and would produce flightsim boxes each containing:

- the base sim 64bit (without ground textures)

- a famous region with photorealistic ground textures, landmarks and POIs (Bavaria, Baden-Württemberg, Mosel region, Tokio region, ...)

- a famous plane (may be joint venture with other developers for FSX/P3D)

So everybody can collect these boxes. Installation of base sim only needed for the first time.
And I would sell these boxes as described above. All over the world.

And in 5 years I could drive a Porsche like Mopperle 😉

Please, don't panic, this was only a dream. I'm not keen on a Porsche 😉

I'm only keen on good photorealistic sceneries 🙂  Enjoyable on available hardware 🙂

Who needs a single Porsche if you can get several by building for the future, not the past.