Bergamo 1.0.1.1 ground traffic textures missing

suniram

I just noticed that there are some textures for some of the moving ground traffic vehicles missing, for example the bus and the police car. I just downloaded the latest installer and reinstalled everything. Any suggestions, thank you !

Please login to display this image.

It is P3D V4.5 (I know that it is not compatible with V5, thats why I missed  to give you this info, sorry)

I just noticed that now but I know for sure that some time ago the textures were there, probably the version prior to 1.0.1.1.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'm running version 1.0.1.1 So it must be something else. Maybe another product interfering here. To which folder did you install Bergamo?

I have all of my scenery addons on a seperate drive where Bergamo sits inside the Aerosoft folder. As this uses the  addon xml method I really dont understand what could have happend here. I never changed anything in that folder but to be fully sure I redownloaded the latest installer and reinstalled it from scratch, but with the same result.

Could Reggio Calabria be interfering somehow with it?  I ask that only because it is the same developer and Reggio ist one of the latest sceneries  I installed. Maybe they share files ?

Could you let me know the name of the texture file to see if its there and not being called or if it is really missing?

It seems I was able to solve it myself. The addon.xml file had no seperate entry pointing to the texture folder. By adding the corresponding  lines the textures for police car and bus reappeared. It seems that in other sceneries this entry isnt there either and doesnt seem always necessary, but I saw that Reggio does have those lines in the xml......so I added them to Bergamo and voila !!  .But really strange: why only this/those texture file(s) were afected by that?  Curious :)

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 minutes ago, suniram said:

It seems I was able to solve it myself. The addon.xml file had no seperate entry pointing to the texture folder. By adding the corresponding  lines the textures for police car and bus reappeared. It seems that in other sceneries this entry isnt there either and doesnt seem always necessary, but I saw that Reggio does have those lines in the xml......so I added them to Bergamo and voila !!  .But really strange: why only this/those texture file(s) were afected by that?  Curious :)

It depends all on the addon component.

scenery:

does just need to point to the folder containing scenery and texture folders (Most devs does it different and point separate)

other textures:

does need to point to the texture folder and define the type global or world

effects, Scripts, dll, exe:

does need to point to the folders

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not being Bob, but thia is how my add-on.xml looks like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>Aerosoft Bergamo Professional</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>by Tailstrike Design 2018</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Effects</Category>
    <Path>.\Effects</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>D:\ADDONS\BERGAMO PROFESSIONAL</Path>
    <Name>Bergamo Professional</Name>
    <Layer>422</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Ok, thank you !

Really a mystery to me, why I need this entry for the bus and police car textures to show while other ground traffic has textures without it. And other users dont need this entry at all...I mean the devs probably understand why, but I dont.. :)

Archived