CRJ's SID representation

Hello,

I found the following issue:

Prepared the following FP: LEMD 36L PINA2N PINAR UN870 SEGRE UN871 TOPTU TOPT6S LFBO 14L

The FP gets correctly imported into the FMS minus the SID/STAR. The FP is drawn correctly from LEMD to PINAR but once I enter 36L/PINA2N the SID is updated but the direct line between LEMD and SEGRE persists even though the SID is active. Upon arriving to the final waypoint in PINA2N (PINAR) the AP seeks the correct direction to SEGRE, bounces around a little bit and eventually finds the correct heading to the waypoint. See the attached image. Weird.

Any thoughts/solutions?. Thank you.

Regards.

Please login to display this image.

Can you show us the LEG or FPLN pages? If the RNAV SID ends at a waypoint that isn't in the FPLN, a discontinuity will appear in the FPLN that has to be addressed to "clean up" the flightplan and clear this issue. 

On 7.8.2020 at 15:36, cconesa sagte:

FP: LEMD 36L PINA2N PINAR UN870 SEGRE UN871 TOPTU TOPT6S LFBO 14L

If I type in your provided flightplan I get that:

Please login to display this image.

Look at the distance of 10.4nm vs 63.1nm of your screenshot.

Wolfgang

Yes, for some reason (hence this topic) when I insert the SID (navigraph data) the situation above occurs. And you are correct, in my photo it shows the distance between PINAR and SEGRE as 63.1NM which happens to be the distance between LEMD and SEGRE. My point is that when updating the flightplan <<LEMD/36L PINAR2N PINAR UN870 SEGRE UN871 TOPTU TOPTU6T LFBO/32L>> to include PINAR2N, the FMS make a mess of it and "invisibly" inserts LEMD back in between PINAR and SEGRE.

The FP was created using SIMBRIEF and the settings in the CRJ are made NOT to import SID or STARs.

Any clues?.

Just imported the same flight plan from Simbrief minus SID and STARs and worked fine once I entered the SID on the FMS. It would appear that the XML exported by Simbrief contains some reference to LEMD in the SID that "confuses" the FMS. I will do some further investigating to pinpoint the problem but my guess is that it is down to the file exported by simbrief. Current solution is to prepare the file in simbrief minus SIDs and that seems to do the trick.

7 hours ago, cconesa said:

Just imported the same flight plan from Simbrief minus SID and STARs and worked fine once I entered the SID on the FMS. It would appear that the XML exported by Simbrief contains some reference to LEMD in the SID that "confuses" the FMS. I will do some further investigating to pinpoint the problem but my guess is that it is down to the file exported by simbrief. Current solution is to prepare the file in simbrief minus SIDs and that seems to do the trick.

This isn't the first we've seen of the Simbrief plans having SID/STAR data that doesn't work with the CRJ, although when Simbrief will fix this, we don't know. 

For now, it's best to import a basic flightplan from Simbrief without SID and STAR info and manually select them. 

Archived