CRJ1000/EFB/FMC weights disagree v2 (revisited)

Hi,

I trust you are all well and in good health.

Some time ago a reported (on v1) that the EFB weights disagreed with the FMC and were not transmitted correctly. I have now updated the CRJ to v2.2 but the problem persists. The attached photos (CRJ1000) are self explanatory and the weights (pax/cargo) / ZFW are not transferred correctly to the FMC.

Any update/correction in the works?.

Regards,

Christian.

Please login to display this image.

I have the experimental version 2.2.0.1 and numbers are still not correct. Using the ZFW option in the FB is even worse!.

Christian.

• Developer

I think, he didn't copy the PERF DATA to the FMS.

It's important to note that this is a one way function. You can set the passenger load in the EFB and transfer it to the aircraft and FMS PERF INIT page, by clicking the button, not vice versa. It's also not automatic. Data will only be transferred if you click SET PAYLOAD IN SIMULATOR and COPY PERF INIT DATA TO FMS.

I tried it separately (i.e. went to the "change to ZFW" option and inserted the 34.000KG ZFW but for some reason it loaded completely different numbers. Very odd.

19 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

What exactly(!) did you do before you saw this?

I tried it separately (i.e. went to the "change to ZFW" option and inserted the 34.000KG ZFW but for some reason it loaded completely different numbers when I transferred the data to the FMS (as per button). Very odd.

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I think, he didn't copy the PERF DATA to the FMS.

It's important to note that this is a one way function. You can set the passenger load in the EFB and transfer it to the aircraft and FMS PERF INIT page, by clicking the button, not vice versa. It's also not automatic. Data will only be transferred if you click SET PAYLOAD IN SIMULATOR and COPY PERF INIT DATA TO FMS.

I did transfer the date to the "Set data in the simulator" and "copy performance ini to FMS" via the buttons and the data on P3D was correct but incorrect on the FMS.

Let me send you a couple more screenshots in a few minutes...

I just noticed the discrepancy on the BOW weight. My installation sets the BOW weight as 23.159KG (but it is detailed as 54.000LB in the aircraft.cfg file, which divided by 2.2 = 24.545KG). I suspect the FB installation or the aircraft has the incorrect empty weight. Where is the actual data for the FB or where does the FMS get the empty weight from?

I have found the culprit!.

There is a file in <<C:\Users\"user name"\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft CRJ Pro>> named FMS.CFG with these values:

[FMSDefaults]
DOW_550=44731
DOW_700=44731
DOW_900=48790
DOW_1000=51055

The last one being the CRJ1000 51055 = 23159KG when converted. I modified that number to 54748 and problem solved = 24.834KG and the FMS now received the correct input from the EFB.

Why did my copy of the CRJ have these FMS.CFG values?. I do have the latest version, including the beta.

7 hours ago, cconesa said:

I have found the culprit!.

There is a file in <<C:\Users\"user name"\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft CRJ Pro>> named FMS.CFG with these values:

[FMSDefaults]
DOW_550=44731
DOW_700=44731
DOW_900=48790
DOW_1000=51055

The last one being the CRJ1000 51055 = 23159KG when converted. I modified that number to 54748 and problem solved = 24.834KG and the FMS now received the correct input from the EFB.

Why did my copy of the CRJ have these FMS.CFG values?. I do have the latest version, including the beta.

Nice find!

I would say there is something wrong in your CRJ installation:

I find my CRJ folder here:

C:\Users\username\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft CRJ Pro v5

[FMSDefaults]
DOW_550=45749
DOW_700=45749
DOW_900=48749
DOW_1000=54749

I have the same CRJ installation as you have

vor 13 Stunden , cconesa sagte:

I do have the latest version, including the beta.

Wolfgang

• Developer

Damn.... Sorry. It seems that I didn't copy the updated FMS.cfg file from the v5 to the v4.5 folder. Mea culpa.

Please replace your FMS.cfg with this one:

I'll make sure that it gets fixed in the next update.

3 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Damn.... Sorry. It seems that I didn't copy the updated FMS.cfg file from the v5 to the v4.5 folder. Mea culpa.

Please replace your FMS.cfg with this one: FMS.cfg

I'll make sure that it gets fixed in the next update.

But the file you posted has the same wrong numbers again...

DOW_550=44731
DOW_700=44731
DOW_900=48790
DOW_1000=51055

And I use P3D v4+. I have modified my FMS.CFG file to the correct numbers when I spotted the error, anyway.

Regards.

My guess is that they should, in fact, be:

[FMSDefaults]
DOW_550=45748 // 45000 per aircraft.cfg + 748 (crew)
DOW_700=45748 // 45000 per aircraft.cfg + 748 (crew)
DOW_900=48748 // 48000 per aircraft.cfg + 748 (crew)
DOW_1000=54748 // 54000 per aircraft.cfg + 748 (crew)

• Developer
vor 2 Stunden , A_Pilot sagte:

All that money on Latin classes, shoulda spent it on an air conditioner 

Latin classes. Hah! That's from an Asterix comic book.... (not sure if you know them on your side of the Atlantic ;) )

5 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Latin classes. Hah! That's from an Asterix comic book.... (not sure if you know them on your side of the Atlantic ;) )

I grew up in Quebec, those and Tintin were considered childhood scripture. Found out as adult they were also published in English, but those just didn't feel the same ;)

On 8/10/2020 at 3:39 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

Wrong folder.... again. I blame the heat today 🙂

Here's the correct one (double-checked): FMS.cfg

No need to blame anyone or anything, enjoy the pool. And I thank you.

All the best

Archived