EDDM Raineffects

FlorianWolf

Dear SimWings MUC team, 

first of all congrats to you for having the best MUC scenery out there! 

Sadly tho, I have a big problem with the rain effects and fps. Because when it's rainy and the effects are beeing displayed I get very unreliable FPS  (from 14-38 up and down which makes flying and taxiing impossible) . This is a general problem which I have and has nothing to do with Munich because it also happen at a lot of other Sceneries like EDDK. 

But I wanted to ask if there's a possibility to deactivate the rain effects so I don't run into that problem in MUC. 

Thanks

Florian 

• Developer

About which Sim Version you talking, V4.5 or V5.0?

When V5, which weather form you have configured, default or the Atmosphere (Beta)?

I'm using v.4.5

Short background information so you can understand it:

I have big performance issues with, pbr sceneries in general and rain effects on the ground. Often I get fps varying between 14 and 38. So half a second fps are at 14 then they go up to 38 or 30 again. I've had this issue for quiet a while but even a reinstall didn't help, quite weird. 

That' why I asked if there's a possibility to turn those rain effects off.

On 6.8.2020 at 15:49, OPabst sagte:

About which Sim Version you talking, V4.5 or V5.0?

When V5, which weather form you have configured, default or the Atmosphere (Beta)?

So is there a possibility to turn them off? 

• Deputy Sheriffs
25 minutes ago, FlorianWolf said:

So is there a possibility to turn them off? 

If I remember correct It is controlled by scripts. So if you deactivate them.

I have currently no idea what else is controlled by them. So own risk, no support.

• 3 weeks later...
On 15.8.2020 at 22:08, masterhawk sagte:

Inside Sim-wings Pro Munich V5 is a scripts folder.

Sadly that didn't work. What I learned from the similar FPS problem with LatinVFR Madrid was that disbling the PBR effects would help. 
Is it possible that you could send me the non PBR files? I love flying to Munich but with these FPS problems it's just impossible.

Archived