Aerosoft Microsoft Flight Simulator developments

@Mathijs Kok Im a customer of Mega

Airport Frankfurt Professional v2. I got the Premium Deluxe Version of MSFS2020, but the Frankfurt Airport standard Airport was made well, but in terms of realism - you know it I guess. It is my big hope that Aerosoft will release it for

MSFS2020. Do you have such plans for long range? And please, can you tell the developers responsible for the Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional to create the fence around the North-West Runway with the spotter platform nearby, if there will be a MSFS Version in the far future 🤣 I can go with my bycicle

there, as I live near to

it and make Videos/Photos as well. 😀

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 9:00 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Google 42, lol.

we are not willing to give out any date, it depends for a large degree on Asobo.

Which means stick with another simulator for next 2 years as I have. Plenty of beautiful aircraft for xplane. I would say to stop previewing this project till it’s ready. Every time u chime in, it sounds like you are decades from completing. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Sanguis_fluit said:

Which means stick with another simulator for next 2 years as I have. Plenty of beautiful aircraft for xplane. I would say to stop previewing this project till it’s ready. Every time u chime in, it sounds like you are decades from completing. 

Believe it or not, but there are a lot of users around who like the preview and understand, that there is still some work to be done in MSFS before more complex aircraft can be released as add-ons.

This was clearly stated from the beginning and nothing has changed from those first statements. 

Instead of asking Aerosoft to stop answering questions you could also stay away from the preview topics 😉

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, Sanguis_fluit said:

That's fine, everybody should use the simulator they like best. If that is X-Plane for you, we will be more than happy to sell you X-Plane add-ons. If you feel it will be decades and not weeks for us to deliver rather serious content, I think any discussion is impossible as you simply do not understand the things going on, and it would be better if you leave this discussion.

In the end, the ONLY thing that matters is the amount of users. And that's a fight MFS already won. And as that is a platform supported by Asobo with 100 people in development and Microsoft that is a lead they simply will not let go. Too many millions invested.

Hi Mathijs,

ich muss mich zu dem oben gesagten nun auch mal äußern. Zuerst einmal vielen Dank an euch für euer Engagement, eure Leidenschaft und euren Einsatz für Flugsimulatoren. Ihr macht einen tollen Job und macht ihn meiner Meinung nach auch genau richtig. Ich finde es toll das ihr Previews zeigt. Es verkürzt die Wartezeit und erhöht die Vorfreude... Was gibts besseres?

Lasst euch also von solchen Kommentaren nicht den Tag versauen. 

Falls es weiterhin (ursprünglich Q4 2020) einen Releasezeitraum gibt, könntet ihr ihn ja ihm Forum teilen. Falls es keinen gibt dann eben nicht, auch icht schlimm.

Also: Danke für eure tolle Arbeit, die unzähligen Add Ons und eure offene Kommunikation hier im Forum.

Beste Grüße,

Ben

P.S. If you can not understand it because its German let me know and i will translate it :)

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 hours ago, Hafu said:

P.S. If you can not understand it because its German let me know and i will translate it

While Mathijs reads German very well, others may not be able. So please in the english forum post in english only, so that others can benefit from your contribution. ;)

• Aerosoft
11 hours ago, Hafu said:

Falls es weiterhin (ursprünglich Q4 2020) einen Releasezeitraum gibt, könntet ihr ihn ja ihm Forum teilen. Falls es keinen gibt dann eben nicht, auch icht schlimm.

Thanks for the kind words!

The problem is that we need a few bits from Asobo before we can release. Without them a release is simply not possible. As we can't be sure when these bits will arrive we can't say when we can release. If we would have these bits right now I would not hesitate to say we could release this year.

Hi again,

I have another question regarding the CRJ for MFS2020.

Will you be able to implement or are you working on you own autopilot system or will you be using the In-Sim autopilot?

Will you implement the feature to fly a Holding over a waypoint?

Both would be very appreciated and if you do not get it ready till release day, would be happy to see it later.

Greetings 

The more you ask the later it will come ...

I think as long as the SDK is not fully developed and MS/Asobo always change little things in the ingame autopilots it could be hard to develop an own aircraft with own systems.

52 minutes ago, christian1974 said:

Jo mer du spør jo senere kommer det ...

Jeg tror så lenge SDK ikke er fullt utviklet og MS / Asobo alltid endrer små ting i de automatiske pilotene, kan det være vanskelig å utvikle et eget fly med egne systemer.

Its problem whit SDK? grapich or what--.. 

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, christian1974 said:

The more you ask the later it will come ...

I think as long as the SDK is not fully developed and MS/Asobo always change little things in the ingame autopilots it could be hard to develop an own aircraft with own systems.

I am not sure why Petter votes this down but let me make a very clear statement.

The SDK is not ready, but we (I should say hans Hartmann) are simply asking Asobo every single day how to do things and we are getting answers. Sometimes not the answers we like to get but overall we are incredibly impressed by how responsive and how productive Asobo and Microsoft are handling these things. Every single day issues are sorted out and fixed. We are close to being able to do what we did in P3D. Damned close. 

There are a few things that hold us back right now. I am not at liberty to say what, but they have more to do with the platform, distribution and sales than with hardcore technical things. This is due to decisions made 18 months back when we learned that the new platform would be very much build on the FSX SDK. At that moment we decided to try to stick to standard, defined, procedures and not to 'hack' into the sim. This made it possible for us to easily update our products to new versions of P3D V4 and to V5. Development teams that depended a lot on doing things outside the SDK were not able to follow, certainly not if they were not allowed into beta groups. 

Now the obvious comment will be that we are not up to PMDG or FSL level. And sure, we are not. We never wanted to be. We do not feel happy with $120 product. Just not our market. We much rather do something at half that price that is solid.  We also have a different approach to things. An Aircon MCDU page that is only shown when both engines are out and the bu is about to dive into the Hudson is not something we want to simulate. There are NO MCDU page in our MCDU that have never been shown in a real flight.  We do not model how the A320 behave when both engines are out. This happened two times in over 100.000.000 hours of flight. If you want realism, fly that many hours and we'll refund if you did not get a double engine failure. Heck I'll give free shopping for life.

So we do not aim at the same end product. We aim to simulate the actual work of the crew. A job where blocked toilets and drunk British tourists are what you have to deal with every week. A job where you need to know how to open the cockpit door to get a cup coffee. A job where you have the time to read a newspaper while a cleaning crew is cleaning. A job where you have to handle bits of paper in the cockpit and know where to put them.  The real job, not the checkride in the sim. If you want to test engine out at V1, ours is not the best product. But then again, you know how rare that is? If your want your sim to be real you should expect that once every 110.000 take-offs. Keeping count?

Two years ago I asked out Airbus customer how important they felt a realistic a correct handling of a APU fire would be.  85% said it was very important. I asked these people if they knew how to actually handle it.  Only 14 people replied. Three just had it totally wrong, all of the others send me a text they copied from a website.  Clearly they would not be able to handle it it they would be actually faced with it.

And while keeping in mind that 85% of asked customer felt it was very important and none actually seemed to know how it should be handled., you know how often a REAL crew faced this? Never. 

Coming back on topic. There is little that is holding us back in what WE want to deliver. A few things need to be handled by Asobo and then we can release our CRJ. A pretty solid aircraft, in P3D quality in systems and way better in modeling. For a modest price. With an EFB that shows charts, a full blown weight and balance module etc.  I understand other developers are not as eager as we are. They are either behind the curve because they were never invited to the MFS beta (and do not have the acces we have) or due to commercial reasons. To be honest, you need very deep pockets at this moment to develop complex MFS aircraft. As sales of P3D aircraft tanked it is hard for many devs to start. We fully understand they rather wait for the SDK to be less 'experimental'.

To be honest im happy to see progress and that Asobo is working with the developers. What more can we ask for? id rather want a finished product than a rushed out one.

Keep the good work up Hans and Mathijs! :D 

• Aerosoft
4 minutes ago, kberg said:

To be honest im happy to see progress and that Asobo is working with the developers. What more can we ask for? id rather want a finished product than a rushed out one.

Keep the good work up Hans and Mathijs! :D 

Hans is doing the work, I just type stuff.

Archived