Aerosoft Microsoft Flight Simulator developments

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, I think by time you will see a lot airport addons for MSFS. 
But  keep in mind. A lot FSX/P3D addons in the portfolio of aerosoft have been developed by independent developers and had only been released via aerosoft. So a lot depends on, if the developers are still active and willing to release for MSFS.

And a fast port over for older addons is not what we should hope for.

A good insight about the new sim and how and if something should be converted you can get from this interview:

https://www.simflight.de/szenerie-design-im-msfs-ein-interview-mit-fsdreamteam-2/

A English version is halfway down below the German version.

Great job guys, congrats and thanks, Paderborn looks great and it didn't affect FPS, I'm actually getting same FPS as on the default one, which is great. I hope I will be able to say the same for CRJ apropos FPS, because it's evidently looking amazing, I can't wait to get it.

One question: will the new CRJ come with Dave, that really useful Ipad thingy on the side of the cockpit?

Thank you and best regards!

I have just downloaded and installed Paderborn and would like to offer my thanks for this generous gift from the team at Aerosoft. Your efforts are very much appreciated. Thanks so much :)

Many, many thanks for bringing us Paderborn for free. It was also very busy at the airport last night with people to try it out. First thing I did was slew to the Aerosoft building :)

1 hour ago, Er!k said:

....... First thing I did was slew to the Aerosoft building :)

Now if we could just have a little model of Mathijs cycling home from work....LOL

• Deputy Sheriffs
15 minutes ago, exlin said:

Actually I have two wishes that would be awesome to get
Helsinki-Vantaa Airport and second is A350-900. Cheers ;)

As serious A350 will never happen. Has been discussed many times in the Aerosoftforum.

12 minutes ago, mopperle said:

As serious A350 will never happen. Has been discussed many times in the Aerosoftforum.

Ah, ok. Will search more but if I understood correctly it would be too complex/expensive undertaking and will need to see what other planes with longer range than A320 we get for MSFS.

5 minutes ago, Hauer said:

Regarding Helsinki - Vantaa Airport, I believe MK-Studios are currently working on it.  Looking forward to it too!

Cheers - Herman

Thanks, great to hear that someone is working on it already. Can't wait ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Some more news, now about airports... here is the list that we plan to do for starters.

Paderborn

Brussels

Cologne

Trondheim

Ibiza

Hamburg

St. Tropez

Norsee-Inseln

Super happy to see that last one. One of my early AS add-ons when first released was the North Sea islands. It included a couple of nice missions that worked really well, such as a movie run (shuttling movie reels around the different islands in a 172 I believe). I'm sure that service is long gone thanks to the internet and streaming video. Fond memories.

Thank you very much for Paderborn. And great to hear that Nordseeinseln is on your list.

btw Saitek panels with spad.next runs, but huge frame impact.

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Some more news, now about airports... here is the list that we plan to do for starters.

Paderborn

Brussels

Cologne

Trondheim

Ibiza

Hamburg

St. Tropez

Norsee-Inseln

Hello,

any chance for Stuttgart? I‘m asking because it’s completely missing at the moment...

Best,

Andreas

17 hours ago, PeSt said:

Thank you very much for Paderborn. And great to hear that Nordseeinseln is on your list.

btw Saitek panels with spad.next runs, but huge frame impact.

This is a known issue and is NOT caused by Spad.Next. The problem affects ALL programs/utilities that use SimConnect (VatSim's VPilot, LittleNavMap, etc). MS/Asobo are aware of the problem and have promised a fix when the first patch is delivered this coming week.

Looking real forward to this release of CRJ. I am a CRJ airline pilot in real life, but lost my job due current crisis. You clearly have experts working, but I would gladly help out if there is anything I can help with.

Hi

What a wonderfull scenery EDPL ! Great job Aerosoft and developpers. I'm discovering this aera and would love to fly to it's swiss "big sister", Geneva... one day... on a great A320, one day later... :D

Thank you so much.

On 8/28/2020 at 1:03 PM, mopperle said:

So it will be a A350 XWB then, nice 😁

• 2 weeks later...

It really looks like Aerosoft has a lot of the work already done. and the models look superb. I for one would like to request the PBY Catalina for MSFS2020. In the development roadmap for MSFS2020 it is always appearing on the list given of requests, typically somewhere around the top 3 aircraft. I imagine there is still a lot of work for importing the research already done in to MSFS2020, but I imagine the hardest parts [research] are already done. It appears that there is decent demand for it from the roadmap forums.

Previously mentioned, it was indicated that whole new models need to be made. I am an engineer by profession, and use Solidworks, but often need to import other CAD formats. With great models changing[importing] format is practically seamless. Would you be able to briefly cover the pitfalls of taking existing models from one platform[or native design models] into MSFS2020? 

❤️ Many thanks!

Wukits

• Aerosoft

Basically we need more detailed models and way more detailed textures. Importing 8 year old models and resell them is not what we do. Check what is available as aircraft for MFS and you see why. If you want to piss of any low end aircraft developer ask them if they do all the LOD models that Microsoft advises (and that makes a lot of sense, one aircraft without correct LODs can wreck your framerate).

Archived