Aerosoft Microsoft Flight Simulator developments

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/6/2020 at 10:32 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

...Twin Otter next...

YES!!! News of the month!! Coming back to flightsimming after a couple of years and firing up MSFS the first time yesterday, for me the only real missing aircraft at the moment is the Twin Otter! Thanks a lot for that info!!! Made my week!

On 6.8.2020 at 10:32, Mathijs Kok sagte:

So to be clear on MFS aircraft projects... our plan is to do the CRJ first, Twin Otter next (that one is seriously intended for the use on the Xbox)

Would you mind expanding just a little on what that means?

I have no intention of ever using an X-Box but would buy your Twin Otter in a heartbeat unless it’s somehow watered down or simplified for console use. 

On 8/20/2020 at 4:05 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

To be honest, no. The SDK for these complex aircraft is simply not complete at this moment and we will do the CRJ first as it is less complex aircraft.

Hoping for the twin otter this year too :) But I dont know if that is a complex aircraft to develop or not. Anyway as soon as the CRJ, Twotter and Airbus are out, they will park in my hangar. 

I fly the A330/A350 professionally and I have to say I am very dissapointed in the MSFS 2020 A320. I get it... its a default aircraft. But if you have a default aircraft and you advertise certain parts of that aircraft as working, at least get the modes/functions correct and make it behave properly. Specifically I am referring to little things such as the LOC/GS modes don't work as they should, you can't use the DIR TO function, managed speed targets are all wrong and the list goes on. The thing is basically unusable for me as it doesn't act anything like the real aircraft and is simply frustrating. 

So needless to say I am very excited for the Aerosoft Airbus products to come out! Looking forward to the updates :-) 

In the last development update, MSFS2020 team said: " We are working on some much-needed features and providing code to help port existing C++ aircraft."

Can this help to speed up the release of aircrafts? Or a complete new coding is needed in any case?

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, klisura said:

In the last development update, MSFS2020 team said: " We are working on some much-needed features and providing code to help port existing C++ aircraft."

this is exactly what we assisting Asobo with. Our CRJ is more or less the testbed for that development.  And we must say Asobo goes out of their way to assist. Super nice people.

Hello Mathijs !

I wanted to know if you are going to develop airports that are in Deluxe & Premium Deluxe editions ( I am more thinking of Frankfurt that is in the Premium Deluxe) for those like me who have the standart edition ?

Keep up the great work you are all doing at aerosoft and hope everybody is doing great !

Kinds regards,

BALAS Justin

Thanks for the info - great to hear it wont be just ports to the new Sim! Thats why I am willing to pay full price for each Masterpiece.

To be honest I bought the A320 from Aerosoft because of the Audio Checklist feature. The Cockpit really came alive with that! Are there any plans on how you will deal with that in the future, also with other aircraft? MSF2020 comes with its own checklist system - can it be combined with what you did in the A320? The MSF Checklists have their benefits, easy to access, can repeat things...however they don't kick in depending on the flight phase nor do they have those call outs like for flaps, speeds and stuff.

Also I see a lot of new people coming to the Sim now for the fun and they might buy a A320 or Twin Otter but most won't read a PDF Tutorial. So will the topic "learning how to fly" an Aerosoft Aircraft also get to a new level? Like "fake check lists" that dont exist in real life but cover the programming of the FMC for example? I mean its now also on XboX and MS is doing a lot of Gamification and attracting Gamers and they didn't offer a documentation at all, not even basic flight school theory like in FSX. 

Gabriel

On 8/7/2020 at 2:58 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Okay, I officially put a Beaver project on our project management system....

Let me echo others and thank you for this. The Beaver has been my favorite in FSX and with the graphics improvements, it should be fantastic in fs 2020. I didn’t think I’d live to see graphics and real world images (my house, of course) in a flight sim, so I can wait happily for the Beaver. Anyway, the twin otter has been my second only to the Beaver, so that development news is awesome as well.

2 hours ago, lhigley said:

Let me echo others and thank you for this. The Beaver has been my favorite in FSX and with the graphics improvements, it should be fantastic in fs 2020. I didn’t think I’d live to see graphics and real world images (my house, of course) in a flight sim, so I can wait happily for the Beaver. Anyway, the twin otter has been my second only to the Beaver, so that development news is awesome as well.

Yes!!

Really looking foreward to a Beaver and Twotter for MSFS. 🙂

I am so happy to read that the Beaver enters the agenda.

Also I am desperately hoping the lovely Catalina will do aswell.

I remember "back in the days" the Catalina was the first addon I bought for the flight sim. It completely cought me and to this day I am so in love with this plane. Many hours of lifetime I spent in this beauty. Thinking about the outstanding quality of the airplane models we see in vanilla I can only imagine the all new feel a PBY on this platform would give. It would be a dream to roam Alaska or Scandinavia (a - for me - much neglected area until now) with it and relive the amazement when looking out the window and having this beautiful landscapes unveil out of the clouds and fog banks while the humming and droning of the engines permeates the air.

Hi,

I'm very happy to hear that it will have a DHC-6 Twin Otter for MSFS.

I've just one little question : which model ? I've seen the Viking Air DHC-6 400 Series and it looks very interesting as it have more recent avionics.

Anyway I will take any version as it's a wonderful bush plane to fly.

Please login to display this image.

On 23.8.2020 at 03:16, MilesPNZ sagte:

I fly the A330/A350 professionally and I have to say I am very dissapointed in the MSFS 2020 A320. I get it... its a default aircraft. But if you have a default aircraft and you advertise certain parts of that aircraft as working, at least get the modes/functions correct and make it behave properly. Specifically I am referring to little things such as the LOC/GS modes don't work as they should, you can't use the DIR TO function, managed speed targets are all wrong and the list goes on. The thing is basically unusable for me as it doesn't act anything like the real aircraft and is simply frustrating. 

So needless to say I am very excited for the Aerosoft Airbus products to come out! Looking forward to the updates 🙂

i can only fully agree with these statement. in p3d i have only used the A318-320. unfortunately the a320 in the msfs is completely unusable, so i will now send the msfs into early retirement until a usable airbus model (320, 330 or similar) is on the market. 
greetings
robby

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, voriig said:

Hi,

I'm very happy to hear that it will have a DHC-6 Twin Otter for MSFS.

I've just one little question : which model ? I've seen the Viking Air DHC-6 400 Series and it looks very interesting as it have more recent avionics.

Anyway I will take any version as it's a wonderful bush plane to fly.

Please login to display this image.

Well, to be perfect honest. I find that a aberration.... but we'll see if the default instruments of MFS fit.

ATM the demand for a higher fidelity module is huge. MSFS is an awesome platform seriouly lacking in the default planes department. Personally I would grab whatever comes out from the top developers just not to have to fly around in the defaults. Good news on that CRJ. Although not my favorite it would be good kick off...  

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I think we'll have our home airport, Paderborn, available, looks pretty good and has a perfect price, it will be a free gift to users!

Paderborn is not released yet right? I remembered seeing some preview shots?

Archived