Aerosoft Microsoft Flight Simulator developments

12 hours ago, Stewart said:

This new sim is just crying out for a D.H. Beaver so I really hope you guys will consider adding it to your roster in the near future. I would love  to get out into the Alaskan bush and do some flying and water landings with that plane.

Mee too, will love to see the Beaver in MSFS

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft
1 hour ago, CaptianJab said:

Hello Mathijs,

First of all I would like to say that I’m excited for what’s to come for the new MFS from you guys. With that said I do have a question. Will the twin otter only be available for use on the Xbox?

No, it will be a standard add-on, but  we probably have to build in some optional (!) simplification for use in Xbox as many users will not have a mouse attached to the Xbox.

Please put it at the bottom of the project list because the Twin Otter is already a great plane for bush flying. And we already have lots of GA planes. I personally would prefer the A330 (or A320) first because at this moment we don’t have a large study-level airliner in the new sim.

• Aerosoft
28 minutes ago, Matthijs88 said:

Please put it at the bottom of the project list because the Twin Otter is already a great plane for bush flying. And we already have lots of GA planes. I personally would prefer the A330 (or A320) first because at this moment we don’t have a large study-level airliner in the new sim.

Prop and jet aircraft are on separate development trajectories, so hardly affect each other.

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Okay, I officially put a Beaver project on our project management system....

Thank you so much for adding the Beaver to your projects list. 

This is what makes Aerosoft stand out from other manufacturers, the willingness to listen and respond positively to their customers requests. You guys rock!

23 minutes ago, mousemansteven said:

morning all. just a thought. put up a survey page for for aircraft to be first in the new mfs. my vote would be a330. cheers Steve

And mine will be twinotter and beaver. 🙂

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, generale84 said:

Have AS already tested 330 on MSFS actually?

You noticed that it’s not decided yet do make first the A320 or A330.

So nothing we could have tested.

• Aerosoft
5 minutes ago, generale84 said:

Have AS already tested 330 on MSFS actually?

No, for complex aircraft there is zero backwards compatibility, all code needs to be adapted and all modeling/texturing/shading needs to be redone. So before ANY testing can be done there are many many months of work to be done. 

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

for complex aircraft there is zero backwards compatibility, all code needs to be adapted and all modeling/texturing/shading needs to be redone. So before ANY testing can be done there are many many months of work to be done. 

Could be a quick win with the Beaver then, good project for the testers to get up to speed on MSFS with whilst the complex planes are being built :)

2 hours ago, keithb77 said:

Could be a quick win with the Beaver then, good project for the testers to get up to speed on MSFS with whilst the complex planes are being built :)

There you have your Beaver already: https://m.facebook.com/Milviz/photos/a.274798289231220/3320780374632981/?type=3&anchor_composer=false 🤫

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, Stewart said:

I would rather wait for the Aerosoft amphibious version.

Milviz did that also for the P3dv4. So it’s likely they will do it for MSFS.

I saw a flight over Cologne on MSFS on youtube and, to be honest, was a little bit disappointed. Especially the Cologne/Bonn Airport was far from Jo Elend's version of EDDK in prepar3d. But also the cathedral looks awfull and the Hohenzollernbruecke, one of Cologne's most important landmarks, is missing. Are you thinking about adapting EDDK for MSFS2020 as well?

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, ulimcologne said:

I saw a flight over Cologne on MSFS on youtube and, to be honest, was a little bit disappointed. Especially the Cologne/Bonn Airport was far from Jo Elend's version of EDDK in prepar3d. But also the cathedral looks awfull and the Hohenzollernbruecke, one of Cologne's most important landmarks, is missing. Are you thinking about adapting EDDK for MSFS2020 as well?

For sure there will be still addons required. MSFS is not a simulator where you will get worldwide high end airports.  Default is better than FSX default, but still default. Even the deluxe default airports will require addons. 
Cologne is for us an important POI. But not for other. Asobo can’t model worldwide every POI. Most is still autogen generated by AI.

And it is based on bing satimages. So go to bing and you see what you can expect in different regions (age and quality of satimages).

So at the end MSFS is still a giant step and a great future sim, but we will still have to buy addons.

5 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Milviz did that also for the P3dv4. So it’s likely they will do it for MSFS.

I'm not familiar with Milviz products. Was the amphibious version in the same package as the wheeled version? Also I am familiar with the Quality of Aerosoft products and I trust them to deliver a high quality and great value product with excellent customer support so I will wait patiently for the Aerosoft version. :)

3 hours ago, Stewart said:

I'm not familiar with Milviz products. Was the amphibious version in the same package as the wheeled version? Also I am familiar with the Quality of Aerosoft products and I trust them to deliver a high quality and great value product with excellent customer support so I will wait patiently for the Aerosoft version. :)

Fully agree.

Since I saw Paderborn/Lippstadt will be in the MSFS, hopes were came up again, that we would see a revival of the good old German Airports time. Sooner or later we'll definitely see the bigger airports, but I hope, maybe Aerosoft could take care again of the smaller ones, like Münster/Osnabrück, Saarbrücken, Erfurt or Karlsruhe Baden/Baden. Especially these smaller ones, are interesting for both, either IFR or VFR, with especially VFR being super interesting in MSFS :) 

Well, for me must-haves are:

A320

CRJ whatever

DHC-6

nice-to-haves

Munich ( good to see this for P3D eventually)

LOWI

This (along with Polish airports from Drzewiecki) will make me accomplished MSFS2020 flightsimmer  :D

Glad to see AS is already working on making me happy!

&

Any updates on the Norwegian front? 

its all default on MSFS. 

Timeline for when you guys are planning on releasing something for Norway? 

Keep up the good work! 

Archived