Aerosoft Microsoft Flight Simulator developments

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VERY excited to read this news !  Thank you AEROSOFT for taking this leap to move our flight sim world into the future.  I am looking very forward to including your products in my adventures !

Exciting news.  Thanks for sharing it with us.  It's certainly looking more and more like MSFS has won the sim wars here.  While I love the CRJ I think we all know there were certain performance issues with it.  Even in V5.  Do you think this will be something you guys can get past in MSFS for the CRJ?  PS: I understand your decision on upgrade pricing.  you guys gotta eat too!

• Aerosoft
9 minutes ago, Dave Gray said:

Exciting news.  Thanks for sharing it with us.  It's certainly looking more and more like MSFS has won the sim wars here.  While I love the CRJ I think we all know there were certain performance issues with it.  Even in V5.  Do you think this will be something you guys can get past in MSFS for the CRJ?  PS: I understand your decision on upgrade pricing.  you guys gotta eat too!

We believe MFS will be a more efficient platform, that's all we can say at this moment. But it is very hard to say as a lot optimizing is still missing from the SDK's. No matter what, complex stuff will always be slowish because add-on builders will always add more stuff.

Great news about the Twinotter. As a mainly big jets guy I have always liked the Twotter. And now with the amazing water simulation I hope that includes the sea plane versions 😁 One thing to consider is to add some kind of possibility to "park" with the sea plane (so it doesnt float away with engines shut down in the harbour) which has always been tricky or impossible with even slight wind.

Really looking forward to everything Aerosoft will bring to this new simulator. Very excited! Congrats on your important cooperation with Asabo.

Best regards

Jan Jönsson

• Aerosoft
54 minutes ago, janjoensson said:

Great news about the Twinotter. As a mainly big jets guy I have always liked the Twotter. And now with the amazing water simulation I hope that includes the sea plane versions 😁 One thing to consider is to add some kind of possibility to "park" with the sea plane (so it doesnt float away with engines shut down in the harbour) which has always been tricky or impossible with even slight wind.

Oh yeah, wheel, tundra wheel, floater, amphib and probably ski (we have no yet tried anything on snow in the sim).

vor 7 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

So to be clear on MFS aircraft projects... our plan is to do the CRJ first, Twin Otter next (that one is seriously intended for the use on the Xbox) and then one of the Busses. Most likely the 320. Moving to a NEO model is considered. 

Great news Mathijs! Thank you very much for the update. 

But I must say I was hoping for the A330 to come to the plattform first as I just love this plane.

In regards to a NEO for the Airbus family, would much work need to be done to include the NEO variants in the product line? From my understanding, there a minimal changes between a new built A320ceo from 2019 to a new build A320neo built in the same year, besides the new engines, tweaks to the FWB, and addition of the cabin flex option. The differences a minor in comparison to the evolution of the 737 NG to MAX. However, I could still see the issue of getting engine data from Airbus, unless Asobo's partnership with the company has also opened new doors for 3rd party devs. 

• Aerosoft
29 minutes ago, Til1986 said:

Great news Mathijs! Thank you very much for the update. 
But I must say I was hoping for the A330 to come to the plattform first as I just love this plane.

Let's say this is still a bit of an open question. Let me explain.

See, it is incredibly hard to predict how well P3D will hold up to the new sim. It is well known we are not fans of P3D V5,  Backwards compatibility was broken in some areas that make no sense whatsoever, memory management is still problematic, 8Gb of video memory is not enough in many occasions if you have a complex virtual cockpit.  But P3d V4.5 is mature, stable, fast and just one of the best sims we have ever seen. Now the A330 has a more modern modeling/texturing system that works fine in V4.5 and V5, but the A320 range needs tweaks to be optimal in V5. So when P3D remains important it makes sense to work on the A320 first as it will be easier to update it for both platforms.

As this are all decisions that means months of work and a lot of money they are hard to make. 

• Aerosoft
30 minutes ago, Vindeballe said:

The twinotter in MSFS will be very welcome, hope it will not take too long to finish it. 🙂

It is still impossible to determine because the SDK still has so many holes, what I can say is that we hired a new modeler next to Stefan for this project.  When we interviewed applicants for that project we asked them all to create the front nose strut of the Twotter as a sample. Anne made by far the best one (see below) and we are very happy to have her in our team. Having a second high end modeler will make it possible for us to work on multiple projects at the same time.

Please login to display this image.

7 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It is still impossible to determine because the SDK still has so many holes, what I can say is that we hired a new modeler next to Stefan for this project.  When we interviewed applicants for that project we asked them all to create the front nose strut of the Twotter as a sample. Anne made by far the best one (see below) and we are very happy to have her in our team. Having a second high end modeler will make it possible for us to work on multiple projects at the same time.

Please login to display this image.

Congratulations to Anne for joining the Aerosoft team! 

This new sim is just crying out for a D.H. Beaver so I really hope you guys will consider adding it to your roster in the near future. I would love  to get out into the Alaskan bush and do some flying and water landings with that plane.

vor 21 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Let's say this is still a bit of an open question. Let me explain.

See, it is incredibly hard to predict how well P3D will hold up to the new sim. It is well known we are not fans of P3D V5,  Backwards compatibility was broken in some areas that make no sense whatsoever, memory management is still problematic, 8Gb of video memory is not enough in many occasions if you have a complex virtual cockpit.  But P3d V4.5 is mature, stable, fast and just one of the best sims we have ever seen. Now the A330 has a more modern modeling/texturing system that works fine in V4.5 and V5, but the A320 range needs tweaks to be optimal in V5. So when P3D remains important it makes sense to work on the A320 first as it will be easier to update it for both platforms.

As this are all decisions that means months of work and a lot of money they are hard to make. 

Than you for being so open about this topic Mathijs. I definitely understand where you are coming from. Still having slight hopes for the A330 to make the race as this plane is just unique in the flight sim world. 

P.s. It was also intersting to get a timeframe for the amount of work that needs to be done to get these beauties into the new sim. 

• Aerosoft
36 minutes ago, Stewart said:

This new sim is just crying out for a D.H. Beaver so I really hope you guys will consider adding it to your roster in the near future. I would love  to get out into the Alaskan bush and do some flying and water landings with that plane.

Yes... but..... there are some default aircraft in the sim that are pretty good for bush flying.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes... but..... there are some default aircraft in the sim that are pretty good for bush flying.

True Mathijs, but the Cubs cant compete with the the Beaver when flying moderate amounts of cargo. I am hoping to be able to use Microsoft Flight simulator in conjunction with FS Economy and a Beaver would be perfect for this. :)

Thanks for the interesting insights.

Looking forward for the Twin Otter.

I also miss the Aerosoft Beaver. It would be a perfect aircraft to explore the new sim.

Regarding the Airbus I'd also appreciate the A330 first. Actually I'm a bit surprised about your announcement it will most possibly be the A320, given there already is an A320 in the sim. At least I had the hope that the quality gap between the default A320 and the Aerosoft A320 (in its current state) would be closing over time. You seem confident enough that the Aerosoft A320 will be so much better than the default one that enough people will buy it. That either means that the default A320 will generally stay at the quite basic quality we have seen so far (which would be a little disappointing regarding Asobo's own standards of excellence) or that the Aerosoft's Airbus steps up significantly (which would be great). Of course you will have the necessary insight to assess this. Nevertheless I'd like the A330 first and use the default A320 for the time being.

21 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

So to be clear on MFS aircraft projects... our plan is to do the CRJ first, Twin Otter next (that one is seriously intended for the use on the Xbox) and then one of the Busses. Most likely the 320. Moving to a NEO model is considered. 

Hello Mathijs,

First of all I would like to say that I’m excited for what’s to come for the new MFS from you guys. With that said I do have a question. Will the twin otter only be available for use on the Xbox?

My purchase of mfs is riding on the twin otter to be quite honest and I would love for it to be my first purchase for mfs due to my love for the twin otter and because Saba (tncs) is my home and I refuse to fly the default king air 350i into Saba 🤣 it’s pretty unrealistic. 

Archived