Aerosoft Microsoft Flight Simulator developments

• Aerosoft

Warning… this is work in progress and if you dislike us to toot our own horn, better not read on.

As you know we have been working with Microsoft and Asobo to get the new sim into retail stores (with great success, it will be available widely in Europe) but less known is how our developers have worked with Asobo on making complex add-ons possible.  The major credit goes to Stefan Hoffmann and Hans Hartmann here. But Asobo has been incredibly kind and it was a fair exchange of ideas and code. They helped us getting a product done, we helped them shape the SDK so it will benefit all add-on developers. And honestly, companies like PMDG, and Carenado are friends of us, this is not something written to get our code to work, if this works any complex code is possible. We have just been selected by Asosbo to assist. In response we have invested a lot on the new platform, hired new people specifically for the MFS products, moved resources around. To be honest, we have been seeing and using the new sim for over a year now and we believe in it.

Now other companies have shared images of their models in the new sim (or will do so shortly) but I can assure you none will be able to show you something like this. Complex displays, using nonstandard code. P3D V5 standard. There will be video soon, shared in combination with Microsoft. This is code that actually works. Not bitmaps. Things like the reflections still need tweaks (did I mention this was work on progress?) but we really wanted to show you what people have been working on for the last few months. These images are pretty high definition, click on them to see the best resolution the forum allows.

Please login to display this image.

Now as you might assume, complex aircraft are not our only market. Airports are a major part of our product line and the scenery developers that work for us have been working with Asobo to get our airports in the sim. Of course, Paderborn airport, where our HQ is based, had to be first and we are happy to see Microsoft has included the files Jo Erlend Sund made, that we send them into the default sim. And yes, you will be able to find our office. In pretty high detail. We will have more images soon but here is a first image. The CRJ images are also on that airport btw.

Again, all shown here is work in progress, things might and will look different when released. In the first release some stuff might not work as we want it, but we’ll be open and honest about that. As said we are working with Asobo to get things working and in the end we believe we will match all features the a mature platform like P3D offers.

Speaking about release. No, we are not willing to give out dates for releases. Things are still very much in flux. Every single day changes in the SDK allow us to tweak things. We are also not hurrying things. MFS is an incredible product. When you get it you will need many weeks to explore what is possible, how to tweak the hundreds of settings to your liking, see how Chernobyl looks and no, Asosbo did not model this, this is a fantastic example how their code create scenery from data). When you are done with that, we hope to have the CRJ and some airports ready for you to download.

Ahhh, I see the first questions… is this a free update from existing products? No, my friends, it is not.  There is a shite load of work already been invested in this new version. It is not a simple port, almost every single file is new.  Prices will be decided when we get closer to release.

As a last comment. No, we are not abandoning X-Plane or P3D, we love all simulators at Aerosoft and while we might have our own likes and dislikes, we sell what customers buy. You decide, not us.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

What key combo do I have to use not to see my user ID 15 times on a screenshot like with those other dev previews?

I applaud Aerosoft for putting in the work on the SDK for the benefit of all developers, this is truly what a leader does, and it makes me proud to be your customer. Now I will save up money for a new rig that can handle MSFS, because I am hopping on this train :)

4 hours ago, Jeroen Doorman said:

I just wonder, will it have wingflex?

The CRJs wings were carved out a pure, pristine piece of solid meteorite. They are so solid that even Thanos and his infinity stones might only be able to muster a twitch out of them. 

Jewelers everywhere purchase scrap pieces of RJ and Challenger wings to shape their diamonds. 

As far as I'm concerned, the wing flex is already perfectly modelled

@Mathijs Kok So this is what you guys have been working on all the time. ;) Thank you for the heads up and congratulations on your cooperation with Asobo and on those add-ons which look splendid already now! Have I understood you correctly, Paderborn/Lippstadt was done by Jo Erlend Sund (that alone is fantastic news) and Microsoft/Asobo even included his rendition of EDLP into the default simulator so that we will be able to fly there already on August 18? That would be even more fantastic news, especially for me who lives not far away from EDLP and who always dreamt of seeing a new version of my home airport, originally in P3D, but now I don't mind at all to see it in MSFS.

I must say that each day that I see more previews from MSFS, I'm getting more and more excited even if there truly still seems a lot of work to be done. All the best to you and your team for all the exciting challenges ahead! I am truly convinced now that the real golden age of flight simulation has only begun!

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, klisura said:

And what about Airbus pro??

Are you working on it or are you helping Asobo to complete their A320 Neo (it's still far from Aerosoft level)?

I lend Jouka, the test lead to MS for a few weeks to assist in testing and advising, but otherwise we were not involved in that. Work on our busses for MFS has also been in progress for a while but nothing yet to be shown.

• Aerosoft

So to be clear on MFS aircraft projects... our plan is to do the CRJ first, Twin Otter next (that one is seriously intended for the use on the Xbox) and then one of the Busses. Most likely the 320. Moving to a NEO model is considered. 

Thank you @Mathijs Kok for these awesome photos, looking forward to it! 

However, you have mentioned that uses P3Dv5 standards, however does CRJ (as well Aerosoft Airbuses) will utilize the new features available in MSFS such as the icing effects and the new flight model? 

Thank you

Was expecting the A330 first but love to see the CRJ in FS2020!

The only thing that doesn’t look that good is the airport. I know it is a work in progress but it looks very old/FSX style, like a direct port or something like that. 
But I’m sure you will work it out. 

@Mathijs Kok Maybe my question got overlooked between all the other text of my previous post, but have I understood correctly that Jo Erlend's version of Paderborn/Lippstadt will be part of the default MSFS and no separate add-on?

• Aerosoft
27 minutes ago, Omar Al-Safi said:

Thank you @Mathijs Kok for these awesome photos, looking forward to it! 

However, you have mentioned that uses P3Dv5 standards, however does CRJ (as well Aerosoft Airbuses) will utilize the new features available in MSFS such as the icing effects and the new flight model? 

Oh yes.  As we have shown with every new version of the sims we never do a simple port, we will always try to use all new options.

• Aerosoft
7 minutes ago, FWAviation said:

@Mathijs Kok Maybe my question got overlooked between all the other text of my previous post, but have I understood correctly that Jo Erlend's version of Paderborn/Lippstadt will be part of the default MSFS and no separate add-on?

Not 101% sure,  could be it will be in the Flight Store (the build in shop). For sure it will be free though.

• Aerosoft
20 minutes ago, Matthijs88 said:

The only thing that doesn’t look that good is the airport. I know it is a work in progress but it looks very old/FSX style, like a direct port or something like that. 
But I’m sure you will work it out. 

Well, we only shared one very basic image and you have a rather strong opinion based on that little information. You are wrong. It looks actually very very good.

vor 18 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Not 101% sure,  could be it will be in the Flight Store (the build in shop). For sure it will be free though.

That's amazing, thanks!

54 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well, we only shared one very basic image and you have a rather strong opinion based on that little information. You are wrong. It looks actually very very good.

That’s why I said  “I know it is a work in progress” I only notice something that strikes me, but apparently I am wrong. So I don’t get why you called this a strong opinion.😉

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

So to be clear on MFS aircraft projects... our plan is to do the CRJ first, Twin Otter next (that one is seriously intended for the use on the Xbox) and then one of the Busses. Most likely the 320. Moving to a NEO model is considered. 

Would the A330 be brought to MFS prior to moving on to other models? I'm a huge fan of your A330.

Archived