Honeycomb Yoke Not linking to FSX

Hi Guys,

Just brought a honeycomb yoke, I have it installed and using the Yoke input software. Everything seems fine in the yoke software, I've selected a profile (A2A C172) and activated but it dosen't seem to link with FSX.

I've tried loads of times and I can't make the buttons work, I've even reinstalled FSX!.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

1 hour ago, davemoreton said:
Hi Guys,

Just brought a honeycomb yoke, I have it installed and using the Yoke input software. Everything seems fine in the yoke software, I've selected a profile (A2A C172) and activated but it dosen't seem to link with FSX.

I've tried loads of times and I can't make the buttons work, I've even reinstalled FSX!.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

1 hour ago, davemoreton said:
Hi Guys,

Can anyone help?

Thanks

I've just noticed something, I don't think the honeycomb installer is finishing correctly. It gets to the end and just disappears, nothing to say its installed correctly etc. 

• Aerosoft

Hi Dave,

which version of FSX are you running on? Does the Yoke work for your elevator and aileron axis? Do you have the "Honeycomb" menu entry under "Add-Ons"?

Honeycomb Control app says there is a new update - go Aerosoft updater.  Where is that.  Can find Honeycomb downloads in Aerosoft downloads.

Same here, I have FSX SE installed and updated the Honeycomb controls software latest version deleted default settings FSX SE , then activated the cesna 172 template,  start up FSX go to free flight , The yolk is still all default settings , ok I can fly but boring default  with just steering , up and down. Cheers for any help

I have the exact same issue here as well. The yoke seems to work as expected and you can manually enter key bindings though fsx itself but profiles from yoke input are not actually loading in to fsx. 

I believe there is an issue with the AS_HONEYCOMB_FSX-FSXSE_V1050.exe installation file itself. 

ie. I am seeing the following in fsx.cfg

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Cessna.dll.lukqlaaqlotbihnqolqwckribclnetlthnitwrlt=2
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Cessna182s.dll.nilkiwequztzzcnolezculatabhneneaaooqlqqq=2
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\CessnaWAlpha.dll.ozqieuhnnknbziqrbwwlebiwbhernwlwhoukuuqw=2
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Bell_206B.dll.zblrhlozqohhnktwauhzuraetaewenttulcwwhek=2
Honeycomb\AFC_Bridge.dll.qzbqhqnbnhcrearlikotazuitlzunololuknqkwi=1

and I do believe it SHOULD be the following.. E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\Honeycomb\AFC_Bridge.dll.qzbqhqnbnhcrearlikotazuitlzunololuknqkwi=1

If I change the path in fsx to the above I actually get a prompt about allowing it to load. Though I still can't get it to load the keybinding profile. 

Anyone still happen to have an older version of the installer?

Figured it out and this is basically a 2 part fix.. 

Go in to your fsx.cfg and verify that the Honeycomb\AFC_Bridge.dll is actually prefixed correctly with the actual path. I am using this as an example since i am not sure if the qzbqbhq... after afc_bridge is the same for everyone..

should look like E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\Honeycomb\AFC_Bridge.dll.qzbqhqnbnhcrearlikotazuitlzunololuknqkwi=1

1) Navigate an explorer window to this folder:

<FSX:SE root folder>\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\lib

(By default the <FSX root folder> is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX)

2) Run the SimConnect.msi installer file inside the folder by double-clicking.

3) Navigate to this folder:

<FSX:SE root folder>\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces

4) Inside this folder are three more folders that each contain a SimConnect.msi file - run all three of them.

Once you have all four steps completed, you should be all set!

• Aerosoft
vor 35 Minuten, dfeifer sagte:

Figured it out and this is basically a 2 part fix.. 

Guys,

if there is no Honeycomb entry in the Add-Ons menu, then the profile will also not be loaded as the necessary dll won't be hooked up for some reason. Thats also what dfeifers fix is pointing towards. Thats why that was my first question to verify but got no response. Maybe there is an issue with the installer here where it is not registering the module correctly with FSX but maybe it is also because of a missing SimConnect installation. In order to actually find out what is going on you need to answer the questions we are asking.

31 minutes ago, BenBaron said:

Guys,

if there is no Honeycomb entry in the Add-Ons menu, then the profile will also not be loaded as the necessary dll won't be hooked up for some reason. Thats also what dfeifers fix is pointing towards. Thats why that was my first question to verify but got no response. Maybe there is an issue with the installer here where it is not registering the module correctly with FSX but maybe it is also because of a missing SimConnect installation. In order to actually find out what is going on you need to answer the questions we are asking.

There is no Add ons menu in FSX SteamEdition from my search.  Also I ended up paying for a overpriced (imo) (Coming from a racing sim mod price perspective, which has a much more complicated physics and modeling engine )  Steam Edition DLC Carenaco Cessna 172 skyhawk 2 ,Too match the template , will the template still work for the default Cessna ? which I think is much better than the Over priced mod (just my opinion ) ? Cheers

• Aerosoft

So, to wrap it up until this point: as dfeifer suggested try to install all SimConnect versions which can be found under "<FSX:SE root folder>\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces".

Afterwards you need have an "Add-ons" menu entry with a "Honeycomb" submenu item within FSX's menu bar:

Please login to display this image.

If this is not there, your YokeInput profiles will not be used.

For all of you having problems this is the first thing to check.

• Aerosoft
On 8.8.2020 at 23:45, Wolf WolfZ sagte:

There is no Add ons menu in FSX SteamEdition from my search.  Also I ended up paying for a overpriced (imo) (Coming from a racing sim mod price perspective, which has a much more complicated physics and modeling engine )  Steam Edition DLC Carenaco Cessna 172 skyhawk 2 ,Too match the template , will the template still work for the default Cessna ? which I think is much better than the Over priced mod (just my opinion ) ? Cheers

There is also a default YokeInput template that you can try to use with the default Cessna and see if it suits your needs.

In the Honeycomb Control it states there is new version available.  It asks to download from the Aerosoft Updater.  Can you provide a link to the Aerosoft Updater?

9 minutes ago, strish said:

In the Honeycomb Control it states there is new version available.  It asks to download from the Aerosoft Updater.  Can you provide a link to the Aerosoft Updater?

The Aerosoft Updater is installed along with only certain products, and to my knowledge those are only P3D Professional and P3Dv4 / v5 products.  That said, you should also be able to download the latest software manually from the Honeycomb Website via the link below.

https://flyhoneycomb.com/pages/customer-support#Downloads

• 2 weeks later...

Archived