TFS runway ident

bradley27

Using TFS by Simwings in P3Dv4; why when i use the ATC system are Reina Sofias runways called out as Northeast Water instead of Runway 7 or 25?

I do use Navigraph Data on the latest cycle 2008

• Developer

Yes, in the sim-wings folder you will have only one, but we could not know what other addons you have, which may provide afcads for GCTS. Orbx maybe? Other addons for Tenerife Sur, maybe not removed complete.

4 minutes ago, OPabst said:

Yes, in the sim-wings folder you will have only one, but we could not know what other addons you have, which may provide afcads for GCTS. Orbx maybe? Other addons for Tenerife Sur, maybe not removed complete.

As far as i can see i have just GCTS_AFX-OP01 in the GCTS scenery folder

In the ALT folder theres this one and one named AFX_GCTS_SW_ALT

Then i search GCTS in my P3D folder i get a few results back actually amoung ORBX Vector files for GCTS

AFX_GCTS_SW_ALT shows up in the world/scenery folder?

As all my Simwings stuff is stored on a D Drive away from P3D and i hadnt suspected that any of the Simwings files would make it into the P3D folder but 1 obviously has so is it safe to probably remove that 1 sat in the world/scenery folder or was it there for a reason?

• Developer

All afcads you talk about are part of the scenery and should not be removed, they are needed.

But non of this have a water runway included, so I have no idea, where your ATC will get it from. The navigraph navdata should no be the source here, they should not update any Afcads as I know.

• Developer

Ok, must correct me, have just a look into the afcad source (thanks internet access from holidays to my home) and there is a water runway far north included, to deactivate a old Ils. But I could not say, why ATC will assign it, its blocked for all and only 1x1 meter.

You need to wait 2 weeks until I am back at my PC to check that.

8 minutes ago, OPabst said:

Ok, must correct me, have just a look into the afcad source (thanks internet access from holidays to my home) and there is a water runway far north included, to deactivate a old Ils. But I could not say, why ATC will assign it, its blocked for all and only 1x1 meter.

You need to wait 2 weeks until I am back at my PC to check that.

Sure thats fine, speak then

• 3 weeks later...
  • Developer

Ok, thanks for point me to to this again.

Have made some test, maybe the attached file helps. Make a backup of the original first.

The problem is, that the default Airport has a Ident for the ILS 07 called TRS, the actual one ITS

It is not possible to simple override the original Ident. Only with the dummy runway assgined the old Ident with a different freq. will help here.

I now changed the heading of the water runway and hope that it is not used by the ATC anymore.

Give me a short feedback, when you have test it.

Dropped the test afcad into the GCTS Simwings scenery folder and removed the previous version. Booted up v4 and when departing the ATC says Runway 7 for departure BUT on approach its still refering to the runways as Northeast Water

Please login to display this image.

Great that seems to get the runway called correctly.

My last query is i edited just the parking spots and realigned the stands atad better for AI aircraft and updated them with codes better suited to todays standards so i would like to continue using my 'edited' Afcad...What should i edit to get the same results for runway callout fix?

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived