A32X concerns with landing at Canaries

bradley27

Okay a few things have bought me to question what i maybe doing wrong?

• Flying into GCTS and GCLP by Simwings i am constantly finding that the aircraft WILL capture the localizer but fail to decend to the runway and instead literally glide over the airport...I have done so many other flights at other airports in the exact same fashion and the aircraft will decend to the runway as you desire but here at these 2 airports it just fails to play nicely. Can anyone suggest why?

• Also using the A318 today it appeared that the callouts for the final stages of decent got stuck on 'Cabin Signs' and a weird regular ticking noise could be heard. I had to 'skip item' in order for the ticking and callout to stop and the checklist to continue

I do use Navigraph Data on the latest cycle 2008

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please try to post only one issue per topic. That way it's easier for us to manage different reports.

As for the first issue. Can you confirm that you are well below the glide slope when the localizer is captured?

Sorry, i didnt really wanna flood the forum so i thought i might be helping....

This happens when i am using the automated checklist with the Captain and FO.

So by the time i start getting the calls for localizer alive im already at the low altitude suggested in the MCDU and chose the ILS runway option; in this case ILS Runway 7 for TFS.

Recently done flights into Simwings Munich and UK2000 Gatwick and those all land fine with no failure to land and decend on that final approach.

Are you shure you have choose an ILS approach or have you mixed up with a RNAV approach?

This "not capture GS, stay at present altitude" looks for me for a RNAV approach. This required an different handling.

Wolfgang

I managed this evening to land tonight on Runway 7 with the ILS (Y) so maybe i chose ILS 7 (Z) last time, equally i was much more careful with my altitude on final approach and although all the callouts were the same this time as last time; i didnt float over the airport.

I am still however getting ATC calling GCTS runways as 'Northeast Water' but i believe Oliver P will look into this soon.

Archived