PMDG MD-11 ILS UNTUNABLE

Zauberer59

Hi, maybe someone can help...

On a few runways (e.g. EDDK 32R, EDDH 15) the MD 11 doesn't capture the ILS, although automatically the correct ILS-Freq is shown in Nav/Rad (for EDDK 32R 111.10 and for EDDH 15 109.55). The MCDU shows "ILS UNTUNABLE". The newest AIRAC is installed. I found out, this is not a scenery issue, cause the PMDG 737 has no problem to capture the ILS. Any chance for help?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Typical reason for this is, when the frequency in the AIRAC differs from the one the scenery "sends". in this case you have to dial it in manually.

vor 17 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

Typical reason for this is, when the frequency in the AIRAC differs from the one the scenery "sends". in this case you have to dial it in manually.

Thanks for your comment. Of course I tried that as well. Although the correct frequency was already displayed, I overwrote it again manually. However, the plane never captured neither the localizer nor the glide path.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Another reason could be that you are flaing towards the ILS in a way where it is not posible to capture the frequency. But as Hermann alreday said, best is to go to the PMDG forum. As I do not use FSX anymore since years, I can not check it myself.

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Old post and no further response from OP in over a month. 

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived