F-14B crash to desktop

Manfred 100

I get a problem with the F-14B. F-14A is ok. Chosing F-14B in the P3D Scenario causes an immediat crash to desktop.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the F-14 several times. No Sucess.

Version in Aerosoft updater: 3.1.0.2

P3D-Version 4.5.14.34698

Can somebody help me?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please check the Windows Eventviewer for an entry at the time of the crash under Windows-Protokolle/Anwendung

• Deputy Sheriffs

Next time simply copy the text to your message, no need to create a pdf file.

The error seems to be caused by the Dynamic Display Engine, a module used to display certain objects in a better way.

Looking at the installation path, you have installed you addons in your P3D folder. This should be avoided.

I suggest to do the following, which applies to all addons allowing you to choose an installation folder outside P3D (like the F-14 Extended):
- create a folder outside P3D like D:\P3D Addons\

- uninstall the addons

- reinstall them and point the installer to the folder you created

Unfortunately no success

I unistalled F-14, created an new Addon-path outside P3D-path und installed F-14 in that new path. Selecting F-14B caused a crash to desktop. F-14A started without problems.

Could it be an issue with the file F14_PM_Settings.asc ?

That is the only file, I made "manually" tries, because the F-14 never startet "cold and dark" although I selected it in the "controls"-side.

I found the following explorer pathes for the file "F14_PM_Settings.asc

C:/Benutzer/Name/Appdata/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v4/SimObjects/Aerosoft F14A Post 86
C:/Benutzer/Name/Appdata/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v4/SimObjects/Aerosoft F14A Pre 86
C:/Benutzer/Name/Appdata/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v4/SimObjects/Aerosoft F14B

F14_PM_Settings.asc
[Variables]
SSO_Cold_and_Dark=1.000000
SSO_Payload_on_Start=1.000000
SSO_MiniHUD=0.000000
SSO_ALCS=1.000000
SSO_VECALT=1.000000
SSO_Compressor_Stalls=1.000000
SSO_Engine_Fires=0.000000
SSO_Alt_Throttle=1.000000
SSO_Smoke_ON=0.000000

Which one is the correct folder? Are the variables plausible? 

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, Manfred 100 said:

C:/Benutzer/Name/Appdata/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v4/SimObjects/Aerosoft F14A Post 86
C:/Benutzer/Name/Appdata/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v4/SimObjects/Aerosoft F14A Pre 86
C:/Benutzer/Name/Appdata/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v4/SimObjects/Aerosoft F14B

These files are not relevant, they are automatically created by P3D. So dont care about them.

But I just could recreate the error. May I kindly ask you to open a ticket at support@aerosoft.com and point them to this topic.

Archived