A320 elevator shaking

JeyhanOsman

Hi everyone,

I have the Aerosoft Airbus A320 on Prepar3d v4.5 with active sky weather engine installed. However whilst in flight, the elevators start to shake lightly. I have noticed this happen only when I am running active sky as the previous weather engine that I was using did not do this. 

Please could someone point me to a solution.

Thank you

2 hours ago, JeyhanOsman said:

Hi everyone,

I have the Aerosoft Airbus A320 on Prepar3d v4.5 with active sky weather engine installed. However whilst in flight, the elevators start to shake lightly. I have noticed this happen only when I am running active sky as the previous weather engine that I was using did not do this. 

Please could someone point me to a solution.

Thank you

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties.  Unless you have a noisy elevator axis or noisy elevator trim axis assigned (noisy controller axis), the problem is very likely with Windows.  We've seen this time and time again, and reinstalling Windows always seems to resolve the issue.  Thankfully, this process and reinstalling P3D with addons is far less extensive than it used to be.

If I knew of anything else, I would certainly share it, but that seems to be the fix.  I have a theroy that it's DirectX related, and the only what to reinstall DirectX is to reinstall Windows.

I hope this has been helpful to you!

Best wishes.

Thank you for the advice.

I will mention that I have already performed a clean install of windows prior to installing P3D and the addons. Should I try reinstalling P3D and the addons to see if that resolves the issue before reinstalling windows again?

Also please note that the problem arises only when running active sky, so maybe there is a setting in active sky that needs to be altered? I can fly the aircraft just fine without active sky and not have any issues at all.

Kind regards

1 minute ago, JeyhanOsman said:

Thank you for the advice.

I will mention that I have already performed a clean install of windows prior to installing P3D and the addons. Should I try reinstalling P3D and the addons to see if that resolves the issue before reinstalling windows again?

Also please note that the problem arises only when running active sky, so maybe there is a setting in active sky that needs to be altered? I can fly the aircraft just fine without active sky and not have any issues at all.

Kind regards

I don't believe reinstalling P3D will help solve this.  Interesting that it only occurs when running Active Sky, so yes, I think that's it.  Please try using the following settings for ActiveSky (read the instructions included in the file).  Note:  There are settings for other weather related software, just ignore them if you don't have them or don't wish to use them.

AFSC ActiveSky & TOGA CFG Files.zip

Archived