EDDF - very tight entry into apron between A and B due to AI aircraft

suniram

Hi, the entry into the apron between concourse A and B seems to be quite tight in the RW with heavies parking on both sides. But in the sim it is impossible to enter with a 744 due to the AI aircraft parking too far from the Terminal. Could this problem somehow get resolved? Is it something in the AI aircraft configuration or in the AFCAD ? Thanks for any solution.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Almost nothing can be done. The sim knows only one parking position defined in the afcad. The sim doesn’t make a difference between the size of aircrafts in parking positions. There is one reference point of a aircraft model, that is placed to the afcad parking position. 

vor 1 hour , Mathijs Kok sagte:

What version, what simulator?

sorry, completely forgot to add those detail:. It is the latest Frankfurt Professional version (1.2.1.1) in P3D V4.5 (but it has always been like this in former versions, too)

vor 1 minute, mopperle sagte:

Also I would say, that the aircraft is not parked correctly, standing too far behind

Exactly that is the problem, but it is the AI aircraft which is parked too far from the gate.  Cant the parking point get shifted forward in the AFCAD? 

17 hours ago, masterhawk said:

The sim doesn’t make a difference between the size of aircrafts in parking positions.

You could not be more wrong. Make this gate to a GATE SMALL with a defined maximal aircraft radius (e.g. 30m) and there will be no longer a 747-8i parking there. Or, simply make it just some meters smaller than the 747-8i radius to avoid parking of this plane only.

You CAN do a lot with a proper set up AFCAD, sadly most developers do not care about proper AFCADs those days but luckily, many simmers provide their modified AFCAD on the net.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 8/4/2020 at 10:34 AM, Querer said:

You could not be more wrong. Make this gate to a GATE SMALL with a defined maximal aircraft radius (e.g. 30m) and there will be no longer a 747-8i parking there. Or, simply make it just some meters smaller than the 747-8i radius to avoid parking of this plane only.

You CAN do a lot with a proper set up AFCAD, sadly most developers do not care about proper AFCADs those days but luckily, many simmers provide their modified AFCAD on the net.

Of course you can do that. But that’s not what I’m talking about. Different AC have different stoppositions at a gate. And in the AFCAD is only one.

You can adjust the parking spot defined in the AFCAD and bring it forward nearer to the terminal building by using a tool called Airport Design Editor.  

It looks to me that with a 747 parking in that position, the nose of the Jumbo should be much further forward and parked in the recess of the buildings that surround it.

Again the other solution as described above is to adjust the parking spot size so that 747 AI aircraft are too large to park in that spot. Again ADE can be used to adjust the parking spot size.

Archived