Graphics Card Driver for a Ge Force 7600 GS

Duckair

Hi,

In my current, soon to be replaced - I hope, system I've got an Nvidia Ge Force 7600 GS graphics card. I've noticed that on the intial screen, when I choose an aircraft to fly, there are a number of horizontal white bars. Also when I fly there are most times two or three white bars over the scenery.

I'm taking it that this is a video driver problem. The driver in use came from the Nvidia site and is 6.14.11.6921 and is dated 05/12/2007. I recall from times past that the most recent driver isn't necessarily the best. Have I got the right driver or is there one better to be had elsewhere?

Many Thanks in Anticipation,

Kind Regards,

Cliff

Hi,

In my current, soon to be replaced - I hope, system I've got an Nvidia Ge Force 7600 GS graphics card. I've noticed that on the intial screen, when I choose an aircraft to fly, there are a number of horizontal white bars. Also when I fly there are most times two or three white bars over the scenery.

I'm taking it that this is a video driver problem. The driver in use came from the Nvidia site and is 6.14.11.6921 and is dated 05/12/2007. I recall from times past that the most recent driver isn't necessarily the best. Have I got the right driver or is there one better to be had elsewhere?

Many Thanks in Anticipation,

Kind Regards,

Cliff

Cliff; I have down loaded a driver for the exact same card and have had no problems what so ever, the driver I have is 6.14.11.6375 dated 10/4/2007

I will keep my fingers crossed for you :?

Randy

Cliff; I forgot, the one thing I had to do to make the 7600 GS better was to upgrade my power supply, from a 350 watt to a 600 watt,probably more than needed but there fairly inexpensive

Good luck

Randy

Thanks for that Randy. I'd have never have thought of the Power Supply fix in a million years :D

I'm very grateful for the advice :D

Kind Regards, (and a virtual beer owed :lol: )

Cliff

Thanks for that Randy. I'd have never have thought of the Power Supply fix in a million years :D

I'm very grateful for the advice :D

Kind Regards, (and a virtual beer owed :lol: )

Cliff

glug ,,,glug .. glud ,,aahhhhh that was a good virtual beer :lol:

when I installed the 7600 last week I failed to read the extreemely small print on the box requiring a 400 watt power supply with a 12 volt 20 amp

free outlet to use ,took me a while to figure out that too(burrrp.!) good beer :D

Randy

Aaaaaahhh! (add sound of foot being caught in bear trap) The small print :oops:

I hate small print. :roll:

Glad you liked the beer. No flying for 8 hours now :lol:

Keep this up and you'll be owning your own brewery :wink:

Kind Regards,

Cliff

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Cliff;

Just wondering how the new video card has come along.

I found that (much to my surprise)I am able to run two monitors in a split screen mode

,REALLY neet :shock: Unfortunately my better half fails to understand my enthusiasm so the

other monitor has to go back(for now) :wink:

Do you think a new monitor would count as a Valentines present ? :lol:

Randy

Hi Randy,

Regrettably, I'm still running the 7600GS AGP 8x on 9.1.4.7 driver. :(

We had £14,000 scamed of our credit cards a week or so ago so I've got to wait a bit before I go out and spend on a new machine. It has to be a new PC because this one has gone just about as far as it can go.

Having said that it still puts in good service. I'm getting 20 fps on most of the cockpit screens for the Twotter so I'm really pleased. I get some very odd white bars over the instruments but a quick scroll through the views seems to clear it.

I haven't broke the news about a second monitor to my darling wife. She wouldn't understand - few women do. I can get by with one monitor but she needs fifty pairs of shoes. There is a logic in there somewhere but it escapes me. However, I have a cranky old flat panel in the loft which I will attach to the new video card when it arrives and bemoan it's poor performance thus setting the ball rolling for a new one.

Please, Dear God, let no wife read this or we'll all be sunk :lol:

Must dash - I hear a twotter's engines starting . . . . . :lol::lol::lol:

Kind Regards,

Clif

Hi Randy,

We had £14,000 scamed of our credit cards

but she needs fifty pairs of shoes. There is a logic in there somewhere but it escapes me. Please, Dear God, let no wife read this or we'll all be sunk :lol:

Must dash - I hear a twotter's engines starting . . . . . :lol::lol::lol:

Kind Regards,

Clif

I hope it doesn't take too long to solve the fraud to your credit :(

I to have missed the chapter on "How to understand the wifes FUZZY logic" if you can figure that out you would be a rich man :lol:

Happy flying

Randy