EDDM washed out night textures

leonds14

Hello there,

Does anyone know why my night apron textures are super washed out, as if another layer was laying on top of it.

Best regards

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH, no idea what you mean with "super washed out". The lines on the ground are iMHO quite clear and sharp, nothing blurry. Or are you talking about the reflection of the position lights of the aircraft?.

best would be to post screenshots of your settings, especially Graphics (Display/World/Lighting).

I've encountered the same, to go deeper into the point:

There's a layer above the asphalt textures that isn't visible when direct light (i.e. lamps/daylight) hit it. When only indirect lighting is present there's a grey layer over top. This is only present on the aprons, not the taxiways outside the parking/stands/gates areas (although I haven't checked the runway entry points where there's dynamic lighting present as well).

In direct comparison, the taxiways don't show this grey 'layer', on them. The ground as well as the markings is dark and clear to see in the moonlight, just as it should be, even when taxiing without the taxi light.

I'm using Enhanced Atmospherics, HDR off, DL on, special effects on medium with the distance set to low, NO tweaks to the P3D.cfg or any other files.

The grey layer (almost like a filter of light-grey color in Photoshop with maybe 50% opacity) floating a few centimeters above the terminal ground tiles makes the ground seem "shiny", "washed out" or "artificially lit" (to capture some other points) at night. The correct depiction would be that it is as dark as the taxiways when there's no DL hitting it, the ground markings should be clearly visible and show no discoloration (regarding to my Photoshop-analogy).

Hope this helps clarification.

It seems to be related to the texture called: EDDM_Nightlayer_LM. When turning it completely black with photoshop, the apron looks normal. What is the point of that file anyway?

Archived