VS autopilot DC8

Alnostrum05

Good guys
The other day I am very happy flying my new DC8 from aerosoft until everything is fine when I reach the height of cruiser left with the autopilot armed the selector in V / S and the roulette in hold altitude
and does not maintain the altitude that I select in the selector on top of the instruments of the drivers' motors as I do to maintain altitude thanks

Moderator Edit: I changed your font size down to the standard 14 point. The huge one you originally posted with has the same effect as rude shouting.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There's a dedicated support area for the DC-8, so I moved this for you. While you're here, as a new user, it's always a good idea to look around the forum to see how it's organized.

I hid your other post as it seemed an unexpected duplicate as it was blank and had the same title as your post above. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

The altitude selection is only a memorandum of your assigned or desired altitude and also gives a warning when leaving or approaching the altitude.  The DC-8 autopilot doesn't have an altitude capture function.  Instead, as you approach the desired altitude you should reduce your vertical speed and then set it to zero when you reach your target altitude. 

Archived