CTD at EDDM (for real)

mburkhard

@mopperle It is really quite annoying for Aerosoft to constantly close support topics, even though the case has NOT been verified to be closed! So I hereby reopen the topic of CTD at EDDM, since I too get this issue.

The Event Viewer shows a generic Kernelbase crash:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 5.0.31.35253, time stamp: 0x5eebf566
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.388, time stamp: 0x3cc24707
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x0000000000023e49
Faulting process ID: 0x2278
Faulting application start time: 0x01d666b4db94033d
Faulting application path: D:\P3Dv5\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: eee2b7b1-58cc-47df-8ab4-159887ffd3e8
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

In my case I tested using the FSL A320.

I need to add that the CTD did NOT occur before the update. The CTD also does not occur if I load into the airport using the default P3D Avatar. And I don't have this CTD on any other add-on airport when loading with the aircraft mentioned. 

I'll be glad to give further info, or even try using the old SODE jetways if you'd like. But right now I await your response, since you obviously "believe this topic has been answered". Let me know if I can be of assistance.

I experience the exact same issue. P3D crashes at exactly 83% everytime I directly load into EDDM.

If I remove the SODE jetways the issue is gone though.

The current workaround for me using SODE jetways is to load in at a different location and the move over to EDDM.

• Developer
12 minutes ago, mburkhard said:

@mopperle It is really quite annoying for Aerosoft to constantly close support topics, even though the case has NOT been verified to be closed! So I hereby reopen the topic of CTD at EDDM, since I too get this issue.

The Event Viewer shows a generic Kernelbase crash:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 5.0.31.35253, time stamp: 0x5eebf566
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.388, time stamp: 0x3cc24707
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x0000000000023e49
Faulting process ID: 0x2278
Faulting application start time: 0x01d666b4db94033d
Faulting application path: D:\P3Dv5\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: eee2b7b1-58cc-47df-8ab4-159887ffd3e8
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

In my case I tested using the FSL A320.

I need to add that the CTD did NOT occur before the update. The CTD also does not occur if I load into the airport using the default P3D Avatar. And I don't have this CTD on any other add-on airport when loading with the aircraft mentioned. 

I'll be glad to give further info, or even try using the old SODE jetways if you'd like. But right now I await your response, since you obviously "believe this topic has been answered". Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Yes, we like to know, if the Sode Version 1000 has the same issue. If not, we remove the 1010 directly and will check it later, when back in office.

Keep in mind, the product is not contain any Sode parts, the use off the free offered Jetways is on your own risk, even when we will check, what going wrong with 1010, if 1000 works.

I sadly have to confirm that also the solution I mentioned in this topic hasn't really solved the problem. A few minutes ago, I couldn't start P3D anymore - it crashed to desktop after each of three start attempts. I now have uninstalled the SODE jetways for Munich, and P3D is starting again and running normally. So there must be a bug in the recent version 1.0.1.0 SODE jetways. Do you have the SODE jetways installed as well, @mburkhard?

I use P3D v4.5. If necessary, I can provide the content SODE.log file, but it's a really long list and I couldn't find any suspicious entries about the Munich scenery in it yet.

Removing the EDDM_LIB-JetwaysDUMMY.bgl while using SODE jetways solved it for me until a real fix is found. But as far as I understood Oliver is this bgl normally needed. So no guarantee that disabling that file will not have some side-effect. But at least visually could I not see any adverse impact. 

11 minutes ago, OPabst said:

Yes, we like to know, if the Sode Version 1000 has the same issue. If not, we remove the 1010 directly and will check it later, when back in office.

Thank you Oliver, testing with Version 1000 of the SODE jetways I can confirm that the CTD does not occur.

35 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Removing the EDDM_LIB-JetwaysDUMMY.bgl while using SODE jetways solved it for me until a real fix is found. But as far as I understood Oliver is this bgl normally needed. So no guarantee that disabling that file will not have some side-effect. But at least visually could I not see any adverse impact. 

Thanks for that, I can confirm deleting that dummy file while using the new SODE jetways does not produce any CTD. Great find :)

• Developer

Ok, but the remove of the Dummy could only be a workaround, as this will generate Missing Objects allerts in the background, which maybe delay the load in a way, that the real reason for the CTD is delayed so that it not happen.

The Dummy is the same as in he SODE version 1000, so only the model MDLs was changed for the T1 jetways. The rest is the same.

We have removed SODE Version 1010 from the website until second haft of August, when I am back in the office to check the creation of the MDL.

The workaround to remove the Dummy.bgl is maybe not critical and the missing object warnings are not reported, as long as the related Parameter is not set in the Prepar3d.cfg

But, when there are still CTD even without the Dummy.bgl, the only support way is to reactivate the default jetways part of the product. The SODE jetways are a free option, not part of the product and not supported by Aerosoft stuff here in the forum.

• 4 weeks later...

On P3D version 4.5HF3 and getting this CTD with latest version of EDDM. Just had my inaguarl flight into EDDM from Toronto CTD on me. Came here and saw this thread. Not very pleased. 

• 3 weeks later...

great I already had the hammer in my hand! Why isn't something corrected? Very annoying. The scenery was really expensive. I expect quality and no bugs.

The Problem is that he had the dummy bgl in there twice, once on and once off: -D have now removed the on and it works.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Archived