Programming the FMS

Juergen2

Hi,
I have a question regarding an assigned departure proceure:
I was flying a Aerosoft A320 Prof with PRO-ATC/x from KMKE to CYQB and was assigned a departure that included 2 extra way points from runway 25L. The way points were WALUM to SNAPS and then to SQUIB, where SQUIB was the first way point in the flight plan. I selected the Departure runway 25L, but obviously WALUM and SNAPS way points were not available, but showed up in the departure route of PRO-ATC/x.
How can I insert these two way points prior to SQUIB (1st way point in my flight plan) in my existing flight plan in the FMS?
Thanks for help
Juergen Mader

Juergen the waypoints WALUM & SNAPS are displayed by ProATC for information only ( the route vectoring will take you ) as your departure was by vectors, there is no need to enter these in the MCDU at all.

ProATC will assign headings and finally a heading to SQUIB and resume own navigation.

50 minutes ago, srcooke said:

Juergen the waypoints WALUM & SNAPS are displayed by ProATC for information only ( the route vectoring will take you ) as your departure was by vectors, there is no need to enter these in the MCDU at all.

ProATC will assign headings and finally a heading to SQUIB and resume own navigation.

Nice job Stephen!

Thanks Stephen,

I understand what you are saying and that was actually how I was routed and flew the departure (with assigned heading).

But what if I was one of those "lazy" pilots and engage the A/P at 500' above the field and not wanting to rotate the heading selector, is there a way I could insert these  way points into the FMS prior to SQUIB?

Of course I would ignore ProATC.

Thanks for answer

12 hours ago, Juergen2 said:

But what if I was one of those "lazy" pilots

I would suggest watching a video instead :)

In the version of the bus I use line select the F-PLN Discontinuity after KMKE to perform a LAT REVISION and enter WALUM as the next waypoint, repeat the LAT REVISION on WALUM and enter SNAPS.

Remove discontinuities.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for reply. I would like to learn about the Lateral Revision in the Aerosoft Airbus. Do you know of videos handling this topic.

Thanks again

Archived