Hi I’m looking for some advice before I go and build a new gaming computer for flight sim would anyone know what type of FPS I could expect from this kind of hardware using Pre3D Aerosoft airbus x plus add on scenery such as aerosoft scenery and good overall graphics at high to make a good experience.

Specs as follows  

Intel i5 9600kf @ 3.7ghz turbo speed 4.6ghz

16GB DDR 4
GTX 1660 6GB Graphics

500GB SSD 

Windows 10  

I know this is a low budget end computer but would like to know if it worth the time to build on such a tight budget.

would appreciate any help possible 

thanks 

Will

• Deputy Sheriffs

Will, as this question is independent from the Bus, I move your topic to the hardware forum, where these things have all been discussed.

• Aerosoft
13 hours ago, WillOwen said:

Any recommendations for which AMD Processor would be best within a budget around the £200 mark? Also this would be used for the new MFS2020

AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700X

8 cores are 3700 Mhz, will do 4000 Mhz.

Since you mentioned a budget of £650, I guess you're based in the UK. Unfortunately I couldn't find prices for the UK, but I could find prices for the Netherlands. They're in Euros instead of Pounds, but I guess it doesn't make much difference.

How does this sound?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X socket AM4 processor € 299,00

ASUS PRIME A320M-K, socket AM4 motherboard € 47,90

Gainward GeForce GTX 1660 Pegasus graphics card € 202,90

G.Skill 16GB DDR-4 3200 kit memory € 56,90

Patriot P210, 512 GB SSD € 53,90

Windows 10 Professional OEM € 11,95

Total € 672,55

At the current exchange rate that would be £ 607,65, making it suit within your budget with a little surplus. That's for prices that might be different in the UK than they are in the Netherlands, although I don't expect them to be much different. Also there might be space for a little extra, such as 32 GB RAM (recommended) or a bigger SSD (512 GB might be a bit small). But those are decisions to be made once you know the prices in the UK.

On 8/6/2020 at 11:26 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700X

8 cores are 3700 Mhz, will do 4000 Mhz.

Isnt it better to have high clock speed for P3D? Intel has higher frequencies for same price.

22 hours ago, Starway366 said:

Isnt it better to have high clock speed for P3D? Intel has higher frequencies for same price.

That used to be true for FS2004 and FSX as they could only use one core and ignore the rest, but with modern sims like P3D that's not the case anymore. They can spread their work over multiple cores, so the more cores you got the more powerful your CPU.

Basically you can see it as a crew of men doing a load of work, for example let's say they're moving boxes. You got the choice, 4 men each moving 20 boxes a minute or 8 men each moving 16 boxes a minute. The result is that with the 4 men crew a total of 80 boxes a minute are being moved, while with the 8 men crew 128 boxes a minute are being moved. So even while the 8 men crew work slower, the fact that there's more of them still makes the entire crew faster.

1 hour ago, PatrickZ said:

That used to be true for FS2004 and FSX as they could only use one core and ignore the rest, but with modern sims like P3D that's not the case anymore. They can spread their work over multiple cores, so the more cores you got the more powerful your CPU.

23 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Not really. 

Have you seen it or read it ? For example by using different computer and compare?

I used to think the more Ghz I have, the best it is, and it's the first time I read what you wrote.

• Aerosoft
On 8/8/2020 at 4:55 PM, Starway366 said:

Have you seen it or read it ? For example by using different computer and compare?

I used to think the more Ghz I have, the best it is, and it's the first time I read what you wrote.

Well, keep in mind we have been seeing MFS for over a year now and have close to a year experience with it on our own systems. A high single core frequency does not seem as important as before as it scales over cores much better. Most of the time you see CPU loads under 90%. GPU loads peak at 100% very often.

Archived