duo core --- activating the second core???

sagamol

if i have a duo core and i read that it doesnt activate itself to use BOTH CORES to run FSX, how do i get this done? might as well use them both if i have them.

thanks, Tom

Add the following command: to the FSX .cfg file

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=n

"n" refers to the number of cores on your system that are scheduled.

Refer to the table below:

n=

# of Cores

1 core 0001

2 cores 0011

3 cores 0111

4 cores 1111

Since you are utilizing an Dual-Core Processor on your system, This is the line to add

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=3

if i have a duo core and i read that it doesnt activate itself to use BOTH CORES to run FSX, how do i get this done? might as well use them both if i have them.

thanks, Tom

wasn't that fixed with the SP???

I un-installed FSX from the CD, then installed it again. i also took out the tweak as you mentioned. I have not added back any add-on sceneries, so my FSX is "clean". i installed SP1. my load time is rediculously slow. so i'm wondering about my NVIDIA settings..i havnt changed them, but here they are...even with the Auto-Gen the load stops at about 37 % and just sits there, until it slowly creeps on to 100 %..takes forever and thats not how it used to be... does SP1 take care of the dual core issue??

thanks so much for all you do for us here and at AEROSOFT!!!

Tom