EDDM - Improvement suggestions

MatthiasKNU

• Developer

Thorsten knows, that the jetways never will get the numbers and I think you misunderstood his statement. The animation needs then a model for each gate, at an airport with 10 jetways, could be done, but here where near to 100. 

Don‘t come with GSX, that is a total difference, they run a tool in behind.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vor 3 Minuten, OPabst sagte:

Thorsten knows, that the jetways never will get the numbers and I think you misunderstood his statement. The animation needs then a model for each gate, at an airport with 10 jetways, could be done, to here where near to 100. 

Don‘t come with GSX, that is a total difference, they run a tool in behind.

I don't know what can be misunderstood about this sentence: "PS: Gate numbers on jetways is not an easy task as this will need a different jetway model at every gate. Maybe we´ll find a solution, but this cannot be fixed
short term." I understood that it is a big task but Thorsten did not definitely exclude the possibility that you find a solution. And no, I'm not even argueing with GSX, so I don't know why you get so defensive. It was just a polite question.

• Developer

But then Thorsten must Do it ;), but I know he will not do it, he don‘t generate (He make the basemodel) any of the jetways in his products yet. And I will not do it, nobody pay that. Only the change of the T1 jetways today, where 4 models in 3 variations to generate, you can calc what that main, when each gate has this. Sorry, it‘s not flight relevant.

The GSX hint was for others read here an seams to say, why can GSX such numbers. Your are not the only one reading and posting here ;)

Please just leave the "G23/H23" and "G24/H24" as it is instead of totally removing it. Having some text there gives enough immersion while being parked at the stand. The text is small anyway and hard to read. 🙂

vor 5 Minuten, Wolkenschreck sagte:

Please just leave the "G23/H23" and "G24/H24" as it is instead of totally removing it. Having some text there gives enough immersion while being parked at the stand. The text is small anyway and hard to read. 🙂

Yes, I would second that. That's better than having no numbers at all.

• Developer

I vote you both up, because that is the correct intention: when you are a flightsim interested person, that use the Sim to simulate a flight, you have not time to read numbers at the door somewhere in the near of the gate you park. 
When you in the approach, you see the runway and at night the runway and approach lights, when this are „default“ and far away from real, then it is a BUG, you always have intensively in your mind, as it is not what you need or expect. (The most people never see the original lights as pax, but know all about how it should be, lol)

When I start flightsim in 1984, the sim has only lines, the rest must happen in the brain. Now we must look twice to check, what is a photo, what is a screenshot of the sim. Above you have not often this problem ;) How nice is the technique today, but you can only realize it, when you know the beginning ( and the real sims with 5 million $ visuals) :)

479/5000

I miss a lot of trees around the airport.
The airport is surrounded by trees like a green island.
Autogen is missing. Trees
I also find the apron textures not very successful.
The Afcad should also be adjusted, please. Lots
parking positions are wrong (Airline Codes)
Buildings look very pale. The glasses have to be a little greener.
The DL also needs some work.
If these errors are still eliminated, the airport is very successful.

Thanks

Frank from EDDM

Hello again , 

Is there a chance that the buildings will get a little brighter and more colorful at night . Then the Airport looks also in the Night a little bit more busy and more friendly . 

And for my site too i found that the grass around the Runways is a little bit too dry . We live here in South Germany not in Malaga 🙂

And this Summer we have enough Rain here in the South 🙂

Yes - and a little bit more Trees will be nice too.

And here an Screenshot from the Taxi and Runway Lights . I find they are all too dark ( and i dont use the Timeshift Slider  

Thanks 

Michael 

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Michael, you last picture looks to me too dark compared with mine. so maybe it is a setting in your sim.

Regarding you other pictures:
the first two are made  with HDR technique so hardly comparable. Of course it would be nice to see lighting inside the building, but no idea how this couldbe done in aproper manner. To me personally this is absolutely not relevant, as I want to fly and not get nice screenshots.

Regarding the aerial picture with the gras: this picture is definitely edited for whatever reason, maybe to have a better contrast between the runways or making the airport looking "green".

When you look at aerial shots at Google, bing or BayernAtlas, they all show the brown gras. And I see no reason to paint an aerial picture green:

vor 4 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

Hi Michael, you last picture looks to me too dark compared with mine. so maybe it is a setting in your sim.

Regarding you other pictures:
the first two are made  with HDR technique so hardly comparable. Of course it would be nice to see lighting inside the building, but no idea how this couldbe done in aproper manner. To me personally this is absolutely not relevant, as I want to fly and not get nice screenshots.

Regarding the aerial picture with the gras: this picture is definitely edited for whatever reason, maybe to have a better contrast between the runways or making the airport looking "green".

When you look at aerial shots at Google, bing or BayernAtlas, they all show the brown gras. And I see no reason to paint an aerial picture green:

Ok , sorry but me and all others use till this new Airport the T2G Version . And in this version the Buildings in nighttime are a little bit friendlier like in the Screenshot . Ok its my own impression . Was just a wish 🙂

Can u show me Pictures from your taxiways and Runways . You show me Pictures from the Parking Positions , they are on my site too perfect illuminated . 

vor 13 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

That has to do with how the aerial pictures are created.

The BayernAtlas and the German Vermessungsverwaltung are providing georefenced images, which are pretty good.

What is not done, is the haze correction. So the German Orthophotos will always look haze and brownish. To get the real color, you have to apply atmospheric corrections.

So also the German Orthophotos do NOT look like the real thing! Please don't take these images as color reference!
The picture shown by Michael is indeed strongly edited, so maybe a "typical german meadow green" would be a great compromise?

I‘m suprised about the discussion, which color is more realistic and which not. For my opinion the main goal should be to integrate this scenery into the environment and this includes the gras colors. There should be an option to use default P3d, ORBX LC and Germany south (and maybe a third one for the realistic colors in the developer eyes). No more, no less.

And seriously, for a scenerypricing of more than 30 Euro this it’s a minimum requirement for me, that a scenery fits nearly perfect in the rest of my scenery environment (what SW EDDM actually not do).

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Andre Blossfeld said:

(what SW EDDM actually not do)

So...what sourrounding-addon combination you are talking about? Screenshot?

vor 7 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

So...what sourrounding-addon combination you are talking about? Screenshot?

what I mean is, that you can indentify the airport-area as brown/yellow square from distance. In my case Orbx GES is active.

• 2 weeks later...

I could have found a few more points...

19 Minor errors in AFCAD

19. i) Parking positions 611-614 missing, where usually Antonovs, Ilyushins or the Royal Thai Airforce-737s are parking.

19. ii) Of the 700 and 800 position, half of the positions are missing.

19. iii) The 600 positions are mainly used for parking aircraft and aircraft maintenance.

You will find many LH A350, LH A380, CA A330 or earlier SA A330. Maybe the AFCAD could be adapted so that the heavies are parked there?

19. iv) Parking codes in Terminal 1 are not really correct. So British is "only" in the middle of T1, KLM, AFR at the south end. Emirates can only be found at stand 113, Easyjet at 135, 155. Croatia is in Terminal 2, Turkish is in Terminal 1. Due to the construction work, the Eurowings planes are at 182-196, Lufthansa planes are often there as well. On the 160th positions there are often long-haul aircraft parked, Eurowings, Lufthansa.

19. v) The stand sizes in Terminal 2 are also somewhat inaccurate. There are many heavy positions, especially on T2S, and there are even A380 positions on the east side (248, 249, 301, 302, 318, 317). In the AFCAD these are missing or are too small.

Furthermore, on the 500 positions A32x/A31x are often parked, on the 300 positions you find instead CLH, DLA and on 261-263 is usually Croatia. Etihad is also found in T2, usually on the satellite on stand 247.

20. I also have problems with CTDs in AS EDDM. However, I cannot find any connection with the SODE jetways. I have had these CTDs with the SODE 1.0.1 jetways, as well as with the SODE 1.0.0 jetways and the Default+CTRL+J jetways. The CTD does not occur on every flight, but on about 75% of all approaches to Munich.

Here are the Event Viewer entries for this:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 5.0.31.35253, Zeitstempel: 0x5eebf566
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.19041.388, Zeitstempel: 0x3cc24707
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0020001
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000023e49
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x518
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d66aedc5b50b6d
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: E:\Prepar3Dv5\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: 7dbff7be-fa3f-42ce-a982-e9c75dbf6024
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 5.0.31.35253, Zeitstempel: 0x5eebf566
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.19041.388, Zeitstempel: 0x3cc24707
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0020001
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000023e49
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xa40
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d66a59ad30fccf
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: E:\Prepar3Dv5\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: a1399a8f-017e-4de6-8804-b08757c82209
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 

just to throw in my 2 cents, I also get KERNELBASE.dll CTDs upon loading a flight at EDDM, but only with AI traffic activated (loading bar stops at 77% "loading air-land-sea-traffic something something"). With AI turned offf it loads perfectly.
Don't know if this is of relevance or even the same thing, just wanted to report.

Stu

vor 4 Stunden , disco79stu sagte:

just to throw in my 2 cents, I also get KERNELBASE.dll CTDs upon loading a flight at EDDM, but only with AI traffic activated (loading bar stops at 77% "loading air-land-sea-traffic something something"). With AI turned offf it loads perfectly.
Don't know if this is of relevance or even the same thing, just wanted to report.

Stu

Also get this CTD, but it seems not to be related to AS EDDM - it happens with and without it. I got that from day 1 with P3Dv5, so I assume it is a P3D issue.

vor 2 Stunden , MatthiasKNU sagte:

Also get this CTD, but it seems not to be related to AS EDDM - it happens with and without it. I got that from day 1 with P3Dv5, so I assume it is a P3D issue.

Well, for me it is only upon loading a scenarion on EDDM. It's reproducable and constant. 
But I am infact able to load without AI traffic and then activate it. 

vor 6 Stunden , disco79stu sagte:

AIG

maybe a corrupt model or paint (zero-byte textures).

try to disable traffic bgl files to narrow it down (or scan for zero-byte texture files)

On 10.8.2020 at 21:31, data63 sagte:

maybe a corrupt model or paint (zero-byte textures).

try to disable traffic bgl files to narrow it down (or scan for zero-byte texture files)

To re-summarize: After I de- and re-installed AIG, updated everything, I still get this CTD but only if I load the scenario on Terminal 2. 

On Terminal 1 it loads just fine with AI traffic etc., and also flying into EDDM never gave me any issues. 

Very strange.

vor 4 Minuten, J0hanne5 Butz sagte:

I've had the 77% hang as well, my workaround has been running AIG after every addition/removal to my sceneries and on top running the "verify setup" in AIG options. Haven't 77%-crashed since.

Since when do you have this Problem ? 

vor 5 Stunden , J0hanne5 Butz sagte:

I've had the 77% hang as well, my workaround has been running AIG after every addition/removal to my sceneries and on top running the "verify setup" in AIG options. Haven't 77%-crashed since.

Didn‘t work for me. It‘s really strange, I simply cannot load a scenario on the 2xx gates of T2. Every other gate works fine. 

Archived