EDDM - No Dynamic Night Lightning

winstonwolf

Hello , 

First of all , it is an very nice detailed Airport . Very goood work , Thanks 🙂

But i have on my Site no Dynamic Lightning . I use P3Dv5 HF2 and i dont use any Shaders . 

I  installed the Airport with the normal Setup .  Try all in Sim Settings without Success . 

Thanks for Help . 

Michael 

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Yes, it is the PBR Material. There is a new parameter in the SDK for that, what is not very much explaint. I did not see effects of the value, while testing, but maybe the aircrafts I used was not realy PBR. Is it the Aerosoft A330 on the picture?

But, you can try to increase the following Value in the AL_OP-ApronLight2-EDDM-E.fx file below the effects folder:

Below the section [ParticleAttributes.0], there is the

Intensity Night=50.00

value. Try to set this to 1000.0 or more, then the aircraft gets more light. I must test it tomorrow in detail, then we will make a fix for that.

The Ai Aircraft in the backround is from Utlive, so standard materials

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, OPabst said:

Yes, it is the PBR Material. There is a new parameter in the SDK for that, what is not very much explaint. I did not see effects of the value, while testing, but maybe the aircrafts I used was not realy PBR. Is it the Aerosoft A330 on the picture?

But, you can try to increase the following Value in the AL_OP-ApronLight2-EDDM-E.fx file below the effects folder:

Intensity Night=50.00

value. Try to set this to 1000.0 or more, then the aircraft gets more light. I must test it tomorrow in detail, then we will make a fix for that.

In the pictures it's not the A330. But I tested myself. Our A330 is also dark. Our A320 (non PBR) looks great.

• Developer
4 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

In the pictures it's not the A330. But I tested myself. Our A330 is also dark. Our A320 (non PBR) looks great.

Yes, and I test with the V5 A320 thinking it has already PBR, lol.

Will test tomorrow with the A330 to find the correct value for the night intensity, the SDK has not even defined the range for that parameter.

vor 12 Minuten, OPabst sagte:

Intensity Night=50.00

The Ai Aircraft in the backround is from Utlive, so standard materials

Hello Oliver , 

Thanks for the fast answer 🙂

The AI traffic i use is completely from AIG AI Manager . There nearly all Aircrafts are with PBR . Therefore all Planes are black . I use the FSPXAI Base Models for the most types of AI Planes which comes also with PBR. 

I try to Edit the fx file and Post an Screenshot . 

Thanks 

Michael 

vor 12 Minuten, winstonwolf sagte:

Hello Oliver , 

Thanks for the fast answer 🙂

The AI traffic i use is completely from AIG AI Manager . There nearly all Aircrafts are with PBR . Therefore all Planes are black . I use the FSPXAI Base Models for the most types of AI Planes which comes also with PBR. 

I try to Edit the fx file and Post an Screenshot . 

Thanks 

Michael 

Here now the new Screenshots with Intensity Night=1000.00

You have to use different method for PBR materials. I forgot how exactly it was, pmdg said something about 2 different types of dyn light effect files or something.

Many devs had this problem too with v5, and most have it fixed yet. There is a way to do it right.

Would be great if you can tell the other devs coding for Aerosoft if you found the way to do it, because they also have this problem. This isnt the only one sadly.

Besides AS producers Flightbeam was one of the developers recently fixed the same bug, among others. Im sure if your in doubt or cant find the problem that someone there would help you. Maybe Lars from 29 Palms, hes a really helpful guy.

• Developer

Yes, it not only Munich related. But i never see an report for the other airports I am involved in the V5 updates the last month.

I will provide the updates for all this airports to aerosoft for an ASupdater fix.

Good Morning , 

Before i buy yesterday Simwings Munich i use the T2G v4 version in v5 . And i use iniBuilds Dynamic Lightning Files for T2G EDDM. 

Here is an Screenshot . Find the Lightning himself not bad . Maybe it is possible to bring a little bit more light to the whole Buildings and not only to the Gates an Parking Positions  ? 🙂 

On the first Picture you see that there is the Situation with the new AI PBR Models a little bit better but not perfect too . 

The Screenshot where it looks good with the new PBR AI Models is from an new P3Dv5 Airport , GAYAs LOWW . 

vor 13 Stunden , OPabst sagte:

Yes, it not only Munich related. But i never see an report for the other airports I am involved in the V5 updates the last month.

I will provide the updates for all this airports to aerosoft for an ASupdater fix.

To be honest I faced this problem in EDDF in P3DV5, but I thought it is a problem related to my settings. As it is Summertime in Europe, my last flights had mostly been during daytime. So, thank you for looking into it.

Hello , 

EDDF v 2.0 for P3Dv5 has the same Problem with the PBR AI Planes . But for this Airport iniBuilds has created an own Dynamic Lightning File which correct the Problem .

On the first Pick you see EDDF v2.0 for P3Dv5 without iniBuilds DL 

On the Second Pic with iniBuilds DL . 

I dont understand why there comes no Update from Aerosoft which solves this behaviour ? 

Hello Aerosoft , I hope i become an answer for this Question . Thanks 🙂

Michael 

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, winstonwolf said:

Hello , 

EDDF v 2.0 for P3Dv5 has the same Problem with the PBR AI Planes . But for this Airport iniBuilds has created an own Dynamic Lightning File which correct the Problem .

I dont understand why there comes no Update from Aerosoft which solves this behaviour ? 

Michael 

The problem was discovered yesterday, and confirmed in the evening. Development started today. And you now complain why there is no update? Sorry, but you have to be patient.

vor 49 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

The problem was discovered yesterday, and confirmed in the evening.

I think people are mostly surprised stuff is released with a bug that could be discovered by loading the airport at night... once.

• Developer
4 hours ago, winstonwolf said:

Hello , 

Michael

Can you please test the attached effects by replaceing the effects in the Frankfurt Effect folder. Here it works now. But please keep in mind, the the iniBuild lights have overwritten textures, so what you then see in not the product we discuss here.

Test Dynlights V5 Frankfurt.zip

GCLP has it right btw. The plane is a bit dark too but thats the livery in this case, it doesnt really work with v5 well.

• Developer

Yes, in the meantime I understand how the parameter works together, when PBR and non PBR materials comes together. Will check it for all addons I am involved, but will take some time because of a upcoming vacation.

For Munich we prepare a first update with serveral fixes for a ASUpdate tomorrow, inclusive the correct dyn. effects for V5.

vor 2 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

The problem was discovered yesterday, and confirmed in the evening. Development started today. And you now complain why there is no update? Sorry, but you have to be patient.

Sorry , i dont talk about EDDM , I talk about EDDF for P3Dv5 , it is not out since yesterday . And Aerosoft has till today no solution for this  . Only the Solution from IniBuilds works . 

When i release an Airport for v5 then i have to test it with all kinds of AI Planes, also with those with PBR. 

vor 41 Minuten, Amarant Fox sagte:

GCLP has it right btw. The plane is a bit dark too but thats the livery in this case, it doesnt really work with v5 well.

About which Airport we talk now  ?!? 

Thanks 

vor 45 Minuten, OPabst sagte:

Yes, in the meantime I understand how the parameter works together, when PBR and non PBR materials comes together. Will check it for all addons I am involved, but will take some time because of a upcoming vacation.

For Munich we prepare a first update with serveral fixes for a ASUpdate tomorrow, inclusive the correct dyn. effects for V5.

Thanks Oliver , 

Two Points .

First - I dont want to point with the Finger to Aerosoft . I like EDDM and also EDDF and the Rest of the Airports very much and i think  this is a very good work . 

Nighttime is not the best Time for P3D in all Versions and i understand that it is not easy for Programmers and Developers . 

I think the Falloff Exponent Value was the Key . 

Second , my Question was only why iniBuilds delivers an Solution for this Problem and not Aerosoft ( Simwings ) himself . Sorry when this Question has an negativ touch . 

Thanks for your effort and work . Wish u a nice Evening . 

Michael 

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 minutes ago, winstonwolf said:

Sorry , i dont talk about EDDM , I talk about EDDF for P3Dv5 , it is not out since yesterday . And Aerosoft has till today no solution for this  . Only the Solution from IniBuilds works . 

Sorry, misread your post. But here is the answer.

19 hours ago, OPabst said:

So just be patient, it will come.

vor 1 minute, masterhawk sagte:

Sorry, misread your post. But here is the answer.

So just be patient, it will come.

Thanks - Sorry i know i was an uncomfortable Customer 🙂

Archived