Side Stick Movements in A320

Juergen2

Hi,

As of lately I have issues with my side stick, a ThrustMaster T.A320, but also my Alpha Flight Yoke.

During the checklist item "Flight Controls" the stick never reaches the end position and the the checklist will not continue. If I watch the FPV symbol, it hesitates to move, than moves but not to the full end position and does not completely return to the neutral position, even though the side stick is centered. This is the same scenario for both flight controllers. I can observe the ailerons, elevator and flight spoilers move, but the movement is very erratic.

If I check the calibration in P3Dv4.5 it is completely normal ( 0 to 16383 in x and y axis and neutral). I also checked the calibration in WIN 10 and both controllers behave normal. If I load up a PMDG B737 both controllers work fine.

So I uninstalled and re installed the A320 professional without success. The same strange behavior of the flight controllers and the flight plan vector symbol.

I can't fly the bus manual, since the flight control input is very erratic.

Any help would be appreciated

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Understand that you've checked controller calibration, but there may be a little more to this than meets the eye.  Can you please provide us screen shots of the Controller Calibration page?  The page I'm looking for is the one with Sensitivity and Deadzone.

Hi Dave,

As per request:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/pZ9o0Z

Also this problem occurs on all 3 Aerosoft Airbus aircraft (A318/319 Professional, A320/321 Professional & A330 Professional). The EICAS page confirms the FPV - erratic movement, not reaching full deflection and not centering.

Thanks for help

2 hours ago, Juergen2 said:

Hi Dave,

As per request:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/pZ9o0Z

Also this problem occurs on all 3 Aerosoft Airbus aircraft (A318/319 Professional, A320/321 Professional & A330 Professional). The EICAS page confirms the FPV - erratic movement, not reaching full deflection and not centering.

Thanks for help

Do me a favor, and try a sensitivity setting of 65 for both AXIS and see if that improves things?  Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Hi Dave,

I can reach the end positions of the aileron and elevator axis, if I deflect the side stick, release it and deflect it again - sometimes 3 or 4 times. But it will NOT return to the center. I just tried to land the aircraft and it's impossible. The aircraft does not react to the deflection of the side stick.

Could FSUIPC have something to do with this issue. I know that I assigned the X and Y axis initially with FSUIPC. But than I decided to use P3Dv4.5 direct and set them to "ignore Axis".

I set the sensitivity to 65 w/o effect. I also deleted the prepar3d.cfg w/o effect.

I am LOST

Thanks for help

Hi Dave,

My problem is related to FSUIPC.

I set the FSUIPC add-on.xml to .off, loaded a flight and performed the checklist - just like it's supposed to be smooth to the end positions and after release back to center in both axis.

So now I need to look at the FSUIPC.ini to see if there are any axis assignments.

Thanks a lot for your help

45 minutes ago, Juergen2 said:

Hi Dave,

My problem is related to FSUIPC.

I set the FSUIPC add-on.xml to .off, loaded a flight and performed the checklist - just like it's supposed to be smooth to the end positions and after release back to center in both axis.

So now I need to look at the FSUIPC.ini to see if there are any axis assignments.

Thanks a lot for your help

Ah, I'm truly sorry if I missed the FSUIPC part.  Okay, here is the deal.  FSUIPC settings do in fact work for the Airbuses, however we don't support them so all I can tell you is that they work. I know t there are some good posts over in the FSUIPC forum regarding setups for the Aerosoft Airbus.

What I will also tell you is that I don't use FSUIPC for control settings anymore, in fact I haven't used it in some years.  The only reason I can see to use FSUIPC for control settings is if you have some really noisy pots, then you can use FSUIPC to tamper the noise down somewhat.  For me, using the P3D control settings is just easier, faster and I'd rather spend my time flying rather than tweaking.  Those friends of mine that use FSUIPC have dwindled down to one person these days.

I hope this has been helpful!

Best wishes my friend!

Hi Dave,

I found my problem: I had conflicting axis assignment/setup in P3D and FSUIPC. Initially I thought I had to use FSUIPC for all my controllers, but found out that I can use P3D faster and easier (like you said).

So I just reset FSUIPC.ini back to default (deleted it) and added key & button assignments from the old FSUIPC.ini.

Now everything works like "advertised" - all axes are smooth and easily reach the end positions for the flight control check.

Again, thank you very much for help

4 hours ago, Juergen2 said:

Hi Dave,

I found my problem: I had conflicting axis assignment/setup in P3D and FSUIPC. Initially I thought I had to use FSUIPC for all my controllers, but found out that I can use P3D faster and easier (like you said).

So I just reset FSUIPC.ini back to default (deleted it) and added key & button assignments from the old FSUIPC.ini.

Now everything works like "advertised" - all axes are smooth and easily reach the end positions for the flight control check.

Again, thank you very much for help

You are most welcome Juergen, happy you found and resolved this (good job!).

Best wishes for enjoyable flights!

Archived