aerosoft updater

my aerosoft updater seems corrupted.it not showing my installed aircraft and the text on the right shows meaningless giberish.its also saying there is a trojan attached to it.

im using norton and malwarebytes and it not detected any trojan.how to i fix this ,and get a working updater.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Screenshot?

28 minutes ago, dekker said:

its also saying there is a trojan attached to it

Who is saying this?

13 minutes ago, dekker said:

I think i explained the updater problem as best as i could.I dont understand the response that i got

"Who is saying this"

With flight sim addons, it's important to ensure that your computer security (Anti-virus) is disabled before running the installer as Admin.  After the install is completed you'll have to remember to re-enable your computer security and if you have issues after that you'll want to exclude the flight sim file being flagged by your computer security.

The reason why computer security flags the ASUpdater is that by design, it's unknown software to your computer security which reaches out over the Internet to obtain files.  This is the very nature of some malware, but in this case it's not Malware, it's simply checking and obtaining updates for your software.  There really isn't much more to this.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, dekker said:

I think i explained the updater problem as best as i could.I dont understand the response that i got

"Who is saying this"

1. I asked for a screenshot

2. You wrote: "its also saying there is a trojan attached to it. Who is "its"? Norton, Malwarebytes....? At least it is not the ASUpdater saying this.

First of alL, I dont know how to take a screenshot and and secondly asupdate.exe is in the the malwarebytes exclude from scan list.

So do i have to reinstall A320 and A330 to get get a new updater?

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, dekker said:

I dont know how to take a screenshot

There is a tool include in Windows called "Snipping Tool" which allows you to make screenshots. Also Google is very helpfull to answer this kind of question.

12 hours ago, mopperle said:

2. You wrote: "its also saying there is a trojan attached to it. Who is "its"? Norton, Malwarebytes....? At least it is not the ASUpdater saying this.

This is still not answered from your side. If you say that asupdate.exe is excluded in Malwarebytes something else is scanning. Also you should exclude the complete folder from being scanned and not only a single file. And btw. using two scanners in parallel is not a good idea. Such a combination is known for causing problems

5 hours ago, dekker said:

So do i have to reinstall A320 and A330 to get get a new updater?

A good AV software simply quarantines a file only and does not delete it. so try to get it back this way. If it does not work reinstall the bus, other wise the correct product files might not be in place.

Thanks mopperle for your support.To solve the updater problem i disabled malwarebytes completely 

and now the updater works as it should.I dont know why malwarebytes did this.ive never had

a problem in the the past.the only reason i have norton antivirus and malwarebytes

running together is on advice from my bank.after our account was hacked a number of times.

Thankyou once again.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived