ENVA Vaernes v2.0 P3DV5 - update 1.0.7.0

hougardy

When I activate update 1.0.7.0 the Aerosoft updater gives the following erro (and the updater is stuck in infinite update):

Available version: 1.0.7.0 / Update from 1.0.6.0 to 1.0.7.0
Update Description:

Downloading and unpacking Version_1060\files.zip...
Installing Version_1060\files.zip...
C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Vaernes v2.0 - P3Dv5\ConfigTool\Aerosoft - Vaernes v2 - ConfigTool.exe complete!
Downloading and unpacking Version_1070\files.zip...
Installing Version_1070\files.zip...
Error while installing Version_1070\files.zip:
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Vaernes v2.0 - P3Dv5\ConfigTool\Aerosoft - Vaernes v2 - ConfigTool.exe' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at System.IO.Compression.ZipFileExtensions.ExtractToFile(ZipArchiveEntry source, String destinationFileName, Boolean overwrite)
   at ASUpdater.MainWindow.HandleFileDownloadComplete(Object sender, AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
Update cancelled!

Guess it is a minor update, but does it need a fix?

Thanks,

Peter Hougardy  

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just tried it and no problem here.

9 minutes ago, hougardy said:

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Vaernes v2.0 - P3Dv5\ConfigTool\Aerosoft - Vaernes v2 - ConfigTool.exe' because it is being used by another process.

Did you check whether the configurator isnt running in the background?

Yes: when I activate the update the green bar runs and the configurator opens. Then the updater is stuck - blue pie turning.....

Nothing else is running in the background.

Peter

Perhaps the problem is this: installed version is 1.0.4.0 - Available version is 1.0.7.0 -> update from 1.0.6.0 to 1.0.7.0 ! Where can I find update 1.0.6.0 ? If that is the problem...

Peter

• Developer

When the location (installl folder) is 

c:\Peter\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons, then this is your primary problem source. This folder should never used for Addons, which gives an option for the destination folder.

Deinstall it correct, download the newest installer, use a folder like C:\P3D-Addons, which you create before. then use the ASupdater to get the last version.

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, hougardy said:

Perhaps the problem is this: installed version is 1.0.4.0 - Available version is 1.0.7.0 -> update from 1.0.6.0 to 1.0.7.0 ! Where can I find update 1.0.6.0 ? If that is the problem...

Peter

1060 was a full new install. no update from 1040. So go to your shop account and redownload the 1060 installer. And make sure all ENVA files are uninstalled in the SODE xml fodler.

For P3DV5 there is no 1.0.6.0 installer! See attachment. 

I did remove all files (3) from the SODE xml folder - did a reinstall: same problem. At the end of the installation there is no Configuration screen; only when using the updater the config screen is there, but then there is the error message that installion update failed.....  

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Did you change the destination/install Folder of the scenery, as I told you yesterday? If you install the version again into the Document/Prepar3D V5 Addons folder, you will have the same issues as before.

I did change the destination folder as suggested - still have the same issue as described above. There is no new full 1.0.6.0 installer for P3DV5 - see my account above. The updater wants to update from 1.0.4.0 to 1.0.7.0. and that fails to work.....

• Developer

Ok, but based on the shop, the 1.0.6.0 is the last version. Maybe the ASupdater file on the central server is wrong or the shoppage as not he last state.

The log of your first post seams to log, that the download and update to 1.0.6.0 was successfull, but the download for the version 1.0.7.0 fails.

In the mainfolder of the addon (Vaernes v2.0 - P3Dv5), you should find a product.cfg and a readme.txt. Can you check please, which versionnumbers you find there.

If it is 1.0.6.0, your Addon is an the version, but the updater has maybe based on the fail of the „non existing 1.0.7.0 zip still the wrong state.

The responsible person of aerosoft is back in the office on Wednesday next week, he must check the central files here.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, my fault. Yes, v5 has only a 1.0.4.0 full installer.
I reread your initial post and checked my own logs.
The problem seems to be easy.
At the end of 1060 update, the configtool.exe is called.
Now when it try to install 1.0.7.0 it ends in an error, because the tool is running and can't be updated.

You can try to update again, and close the tool as soon as it opens. Try to be faster than the 1.0.7.0 update.

• Developer

Yes Bob, makes sense, but then Hans needs to change the Asupdater, so that he stop the process until the Tool is closed, before the next package is downloaded an installed

or maybe better, the 1.0.7.0 update must include the 1.0.6.0 step and updates for any step since 1.0.4.0 Installerlevel.

Will point him to this.

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived