A.FLOOR A318/319/320/321 Pro P3Dv5

Ed Brugel

Anybody else getting this A.Floor lockup?

Seems to happen at or around TOC

Auto-Throttle locks and speed goes to 145 and plane just descends and crashes

Using P3Dv5, haven't seen it in P3Dv4

Ed

11 minutes ago, Ed Brugel said:

Anybody else getting this A.Floor lockup?

Seems to happen at or around TOC

Auto-Throttle locks and speed goes to 145 and plane just descends and crashes

Using P3Dv5, haven't seen it in P3Dv4

Ed

Hello Ed,

This is a known issue in the Airbus Pro under P3DV4/V5.  When this occurs you should do the same thing as you would do in the actual aircraft (any automated aircraft) and revert to a less automated mode - in this case that would be a Selected Mode rather than Managed Mode, stablize the aircraft, and once stable try to return to the Managed Mode of operation. If the aircraft won't operate correctly in Managed Mode go back to Selected Mode again and wait for about 60nm to 100nm and try again.

We haven't been able to work out exactly what causes this.  In some cases we believe this is due to a temporary errant weather station providing wildly erroneous data and flying out of the weather station's area seems the only solution.

Thankfully, your experiencing this issue should be very random. If you are ever able to reproduce each flight due let us know please as we're not able to do and that would help us researching this further.

Best wishes!

Hi 

Thanks for the explanation.

Also, I've submitted several emails on the topic of the Right Aileron extending during the Flight Control part of the Checklist.

If you do not notice it before takeoff, plane crashes. Only seems to be in P3Dv5.

I now add another step to checklist: Move Yoke LEFT, the Move Yoke Right,

That seems to put the right aileron back down,

Thanks

Ed

Hi 

One more question about the A.Floor.

I'm unable to get the plane out of auto-throttle mode, so how do I get it back to Selected mode if I have no speed control?

BTW this has been happening about every 3rd flight. I'll see if there is a common thread.

Thanks

Ed

Hi Dave

Well I've made several flight as follows:

- Only P3Dv5, no add-on - 2 flights were fine

- P3Dv5 + Pilot2ATC - several flights - 3 flights all was fine

-P3dv5 + Pilot2ATC = ActiveSky(Beta) - 2 flights perfect, the 3rd flight A.FLOOR

Turned ActiveSky off and after ~1 min A/THR blinked off and almost immediately A.FLOOR returned.

Went to SELECTED MODE but no change.

Then I realized that my Nose was way up, so turned AP off and Lowered Nose to level.

Eventually, A.FLOOR went off and I was able to return to Managed Mode.

Good learning experience, but I'll sure miss ActiveSky Weather

Do you know if this happens with any other weather add-ons?

Regards

Ed

1 minute ago, Ed Brugel said:

Hi Dave

Well I've made several flight as follows:

- Only P3Dv5, no add-on - 2 flights were fine

- P3Dv5 + Pilot2ATC - several flights - 3 flights all was fine

-P3dv5 + Pilot2ATC = ActiveSky(Beta) - 2 flights perfect, the 3rd flight A.FLOOR

Turned ActiveSky off and after ~1 min A/THR blinked off and almost immediately A.FLOOR returned.

Went to SELECTED MODE but no change.

Then I realized that my Nose was way up, so turned AP off and Lowered Nose to level.

Eventually, A.FLOOR went off and I was able to return to Managed Mode.

Good learning experience, but I'll sure miss ActiveSky Weather

Do you know if this happens with any other weather add-ons?

Regards

Ed

Hello Ed,

Thanks for the info.  I won't get rid of ActiveSky, I don't believe that's the problem but rather the source of the issue.  I still use ActiveSky and I haven't seen that issue in a very long time.

What I recommend is if you get this issue, switch to Selected Mode (don't turn off ActiveSky), fly for a while and then try  Managed mode again.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bea.aero/en/investigation-reports/notified-events/detail/event/incident-to-the-airbus-a318-registered-f-gugb-on-28032017-at-paris-charles-de-gaulle-and-the-air/ This incident "in real life" seems to be very similar. although we have the F-GUGA, not GUGB... Anyways, I unfortunately also have the same problem with A318 as Ed in P3D v5...

Archived