P3d5

daveflyer

I have P3d 5 at mega Heathrow airport doing a flight, I am disappointed with the colours in the airport when at the gate the ground looks to blue grey colour the taxiways at the same and yes I know you can adjust the settings there is not much difference, with the new 2020 coming out soon I hope they are better I am looking for realism, and the last one is the tree’s very bright green in the inner around the airport tried in options taking out 3D veg but know good, ps nobody as been rude except yourself with your comments now that I have explained what’s wrong please let me know and it’s insulting moderating my messages, I am not a criminal sir D Haynes.

• Developer

1.) You start a dicussion in this Support forum, because you expect that someone takes the time to help you with the issues you have. But you don't even spend a minute to declare your Question in the Titel of the thread, so that the reader can see, about what product and problem the discuss is started. He needs to open and read it, to see that this dicussion is not general P3D5 related, as you title "P3d5" suggests.

2.) You talk about "mega Heathrow airport", such a product does not exists in the Shop. When you search for this title in the shop, you will see, that there are two products existing:

a) Mega Airport London Heathrow Xtended

b) Mega Airport London Heathrow professional

When you have the first one installed in P3DV5, it is simple the wrong product for the Sim. But how should we know that, if you don't take the time to make a clear statement about the product, your issue is adresssed too and that best direct in the Titel, like "Color issue P3DV5 with Mega Airport London Heathrow Professional", then everybody knows, about what you want to talk.

As the Otto (Mopperle) has ask you yesterday in the other thread: - a screenshot would help us to understand what you see

You not react on this important question. Nowbody here knows, what you see on your screen. So nowbody can compare what you have, with what we see on our screens to make a desition, if it is maybe a issue on your PC, that the scenery is displayed not as design too.

To make a screenshot in P3D V5 is easy and needs seconds:

- Set the Image format in the Menu Options->General "Screenshot Format" to JPG, as this is the best format to post/attach here.

- Then press the Key V and you find the related JPG Picture in the Pictures\Prepar3D v5 Files folder of you PC

- Then move the file into the "Drag files here to attach" zone below this editor frame.

Now to your statments about the "wrong" Colors you seams to see:

The Scenery is design based on hundreds of Photos taken by the developer on the Apron in Heathrow by a tour with the Airport Administration, so he had a good base to transfer the look and feel into his Flightsim Product.

Based on this, the compare of there real world Photo in Google Maps

Please login to display this image.

and the top down view of the P3D V5 simulator

looks very near simular.

That the Sat photo is maybe a littlebit darker then the day view with full sun in P3D is not a bug of the scenery, it's limit of Photos.

When you check older Sat photos in Google Earth, you will have much lighter Grounds here:

So, what is the truth? But the oil marks at the round of the Gate are all present in the scenery and much more intensive, then on all pictures of the "real" world.

And how the objects and ground Texture are displayed in the Simulator, depents much on the HDR Setting you have selected.

The default HDR brightness Value of 1.0 in P3D under Options->Graphics->Lighting will result in a cross-fadingover of any light surfaces in the simulator. When you monitor brightness is also to high, it maybe looks not realistic at all.

HDR Brightness Values of 0.7-0.8 could be generate better results here.

Colors of the vegitation around the airport:

All trees you see direct at and around the airport above the photoreal ground, as also the Trees of the P3D V5 landclass area around, are not part of the Scenery product, they are simple Autogen tree the Simulator provides.

In Summer, there is no "lightgreen" tree visible here, not direct in the near to the airport, not is the default are behind:

Not even in Spring, where the young green is much lighter in real life, the trees are still "medium green" here:

But, when I switch on the option "Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation" in the Options-> World Menü and RESTART the sim to activate it, then I get a result, where we can talk about light green trees:

But this is not limited to the airport area, it's all over the sim and this is not a issue of the addon, it's a "feature" of the P3D Simulator and should be discussed with Lookheed Martin or the "Speedtree" developers.

So, based on the limited info you gave to your statement, that you are "disappointed" about the colors of the "mega Heathrow airport" addon, it is not reproduceable here, so no need for any investigations to change anything here.

Every person has different perceptions of the world, which can lead to different impressions from person to person.

• OPabst locked this topic

Archived