(How) Reduce A321 climbing performance

Hi, Iread surfing in the web that A321 is poorer than A320 in climbing performance.

I found in your file "aircraft_a320_a322.xml" an interesting line named "climb_factor 1.0" that is the same for A320.  Could I modify that value to 0.8 in order to reduce the climbing performance in A321? Could works or it's too simple? Thanks for any comments

• Deputy Sheriffs
14 minutes ago, Alessio75 said:

Hi, Iread surfing in the web that A321 is poorer than A320 in climbing performance.

I found in your file "aircraft_a320_a322.xml" an interesting line named "climb_factor 1.0" that is the same for A320.  Could I modify that value to 0.8 in order to reduce the climbing performance in A321? Could works or it's too simple? Thanks for any comments

That will not work. 

I can't tell how good it is in the old Bus. But in the P3Dv4 Version we tuned it correctly according the perf-charts.

• Deputy Sheriffs
17 minutes ago, Alessio75 said:

Ok thank you! Is there any way to adjust some aircraft.cfg or airfile parameters to achieve it?

Maybe, but it could be that some part is coded in the dll.

Have you compared the current perf with charts?

53 minutes ago, Alessio75 said:

Ok thank you! Is there any way to adjust some aircraft.cfg or airfile parameters to achieve it?

There is always a way, and you should feel free to experiment but if you do so please understand that we can't support changes/modifications.  Moreover, the product has been out of development now for over 8 years, so we provide very limited support for this.

Bare in mind that the wing used by Airbus in the A318-A321 is really a work of art, and for a regular loadout (if there is such a thing) it allows the aircraft to sustain arouind 2000 ft per minute climb and just south of that above FL240/FL250.  As I recall, the climb performance was pretty well tuned in the version you're referencing.

There are some very good posts and articles available on the Internet, just Google "Airbus Excellent Climb Performance" or something like that.  One nice discussion is at:  https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/11990/what-climb-rates-can-the-airbus-a320-200-achieve-and-which-climb-rates-are-commo

Best wishes!

Thank you for all of your comments!  I also realized that A321 changed its engines from 30000 to 33000 lbf during the time, so the performances comments that I found maybe were related to different engines installations. Aerosoft's aircraft.cfg is at 33000 lbf; in case I could derate this value just a little bit.

So I have just a last question:  considering an equal TOW (and same engines),  does the real A320 and A321 climbing optimal performance become almost similar?

Thanks 

Archived