Prepar3D v5, feature transfer error Sim-Wings scenery

dagauy

Hi,

I have this nasty issue after a P3d v5 reinstall.

Only happens with the Sim-wings scenery (Madrid Pro, Barcelona Pro, Ibiza Pro) i was able to install other Aerosoft products (Airbus and Geneve) without issue.

I try everything over here without result (reg check, UAC off, Controlled folder access, etc) even i try a new p3d reinstall.

Here the picture of the error message, and the options after i selected the installation place,

Lockheed Martin PREPAR3D V5.x
    D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\
Mega Airport Madrid Professional
    D:\P3D V5 Addons\Sim-wings Madrid Barajas Professional V5
NavDataPro Charts
    LEMD

Aerosoft Updater

ApplicationData User (FSX.cfg/dll.xml):
    C:\Users\eduta\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5
ApplicationData All Users (Scenery.cfg):
    C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5
Operatingssystem / Shortcut folder:

Using Windows 8 or higher shortcuts/APPS

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

This is not an error related to the Sim-wings Madrid scenery itself, it's an issue with the NDP Offline Charts feature, part of the installer process.

If you select NO when ask to install the offline charts, the scenery should be installed correct, maybe it is installed even when you press OK at this error message.

So, please check if you find the destination folder for the NDP Clould:

C:\Users\eduta\AppData\Roaming\.ndp-chartcloud\offline

and if there are any subfolders already exisiting.

And here is a post, sounds to be the same error type:

9 hours ago, OPabst said:

This is not an error related to the Sim-wings Madrid scenery itself, it's an issue with the NDP Offline Charts feature, part of the installer process.

If you select NO when ask to install the offline charts, the scenery should be installed correct, maybe it is installed even when you press OK at this error message.

So, please check if you find the destination folder for the NDP Clould:

C:\Users\eduta\AppData\Roaming\.ndp-chartcloud\offline

and if there are any subfolders already exisiting.d here is a post, sounds to be the same error type:

I have the ndp cloud destination folder, i dont have the option to choose install the charts or not  in the installer.

I follow the Mathijs steps too.

But still with the problem, even when i try to install Barcelona the message is related to ASUpdater not NDP.

• Aerosoft
If you are receiving the error "Feature Transfer Error" or or "Catastrophic Failure" when installing a product, please follow the steps below:

caution.pngPlease make sure you are logged into your PC with Administrator privileges before following the steps below.

1) Open the "All Users" folder (For Windows XP, the location is "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users", For Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10, the location is "C:\Users\Public"). 
2) In the "All Users" or "Public" folder, right-click on the "Shared Documents" or "Public Documents" folder and select "Properties". 
3) In the "General" tab, clear the check-box marked as "Read-only".
4) Click "Apply" and "OK" on the pop-up box.
5) Navigate to the "Security" tab.
6) Select "Administrators".
7) Verify that "Deny" is not checked for anything. If it is, please un-check it. (For Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10: please click "Edit" to Update it.)
8) Verify that "Allow" is checked for "Full Control". If it is not, please check it. (For Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10: please click "Edit" to Update it.)
9) If there are any other entries in the group or user names list, repeat steps 8-9 for each of them.
10) Click on "Apply", then click on "OK".
11) Go to your search bar and search %Temp%, click to open the folder and then delete all folders inside of the "Temp" folder. (C:\Users\<user account>\AppData\Local\Temp.)
13) Go to your search bar and search Windows Update, click to open this program. Select "Check for updates" from the search list to check and install all important updates.
14) Reboot your computer.

Once the above steps have been completed, please attempt to install the product you were previously trying to install.

Thanks Mathijs for the answer i tested all but still with the problem.

I gonna try creating a new user with administrator rights because this is maybe related with the loose of my administrator rights after a win10 2004 update.

I think this is the last one thing i didnt try.

Hi,

Problem resolved, it is a issue with my windows user account after the win10 big update, i loose my user account administrator rghts by some way and is unable to give those rights again, my account looks like it have the rights but it havent

I created a new one and i can install the airports now, it is a pain but is the only way to resolve it.

Hope this help the other people with the same issue.

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived