GPWS Reset

craigy

Hi

When I depart YBAS on runway 12, the GPWS alert is raised soon after rotation and climb out. Does the GPWS annunciator remain lit for the remander of the flight or can the GPWS be reset?

Cheers

Craig

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Craig,

I did some tests on YBAS default scenery runway 12 and did not get any GPWS alerts. Does it happen for you on every departure? Are you using some add-on scenery that might have an obstacle at the end of the runway that might trigger this? Any other information that you could give that could possibly help us to recreate this issue?

I have also asked some of our internal testers to test this through on their sims if they can recreate this issue just in case.

Hi 

Thanks for your reply. I am using Orbx YBAS, the A320 and the GPWS alert activates on every departure from Rwy 12. There is no difference in how the aircraft is flown departing YBAS compared to departure from other airports.

Cheers

Craig

• Deputy Sheriffs

I had another tester test this out on the ORBX scenery and he was not able to recreate this either. So unfortunately no idea currently.

What GPWS alert do you hear activating? Could you perhaps take a video of it?

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me.

I tried to make a video but something went wrong. The GPWS alert is Terrain too low. 

I will try again to make a video tomorrow.

Cheers

Craig

Archived