Engine Start Sound Issue

kaese5128

Hey Guys,

may anyone can help me....

When I'm starting the first engine of my Airbus A320 Professional, the startup sound works well without any problem.

But Everytime when engine nr 2 is spooling up the engine jumps back from around 6,3 % to 6 % and the startup sound of the engine interrupts...

Does someone has an idea if there is any solution for this issue?

kind regards

My solution since back in the day on the flawed engine start is: as I put engine 2 master to on, I also press CTRL+SHIFT+F4 (well before combustion is supposed to happen), the engine start interruption doesn't happen when I do that. I can make a video to show that. If AS just adjusted the gauges to make FS internal sim variables think combustion is happening even a couple of seconds before it actually is, the problem would go away.

Vor 1 Stunde, atav757 sagte:

My solution since back in the day on the flawed engine start is: as I put engine 2 master to on, I also press CTRL+SHIFT+F4 (well before combustion is supposed to happen), the engine start interruption doesn't happen when I do that. I can make a video to show that. If AS just adjusted the gauges to make FS internal sim variables think combustion is happening even a couple of seconds before it actually is, the problem would go away.

That Works ! You‘re a hero ... but what does the combination ctrl+Shift+f4 change ? 

11 hours ago, kaese5128 said:

That Works ! You‘re a hero ... but what does the combination ctrl+Shift+f4 change ? 

Glad it worked! Kind of hard to explain but let me try:

So, the FSX/P3D way of starting engines is terrible. The fuel flow, EGT, N1/2, etc. is pretty badly modelled. Developers tend to modify the aircraft gauges using algorithims to make it seem more realistic. What you end up getting is some compatibility issues. For example, there's a famous 737/747/777 developer ( ;) ) who changed the way the engine start works by introducing fuel at the "right" time (according to the gauges and EICAS), but telling FSX/P3D that it's actually happening about 7-10 seconds later. Why? I don't know specifically what they were trying to replicate, but I think it was to make the sequence be of a realistic timing. 

So, the CTRL+SHIFT+F4 seems to always work. Hopefully AS can make this permanent!

Archived