CRJ Pro crashes P3Dv5 on loading

Have recently installed CRJ Pro in P3dv5 (HF2). Plane shows in addons and is enabled, and the installed liveries appear in vehicle list in Scenario Startup window. But as soon as I have selected plane, airport etc and clicked OK, I get a black screen with hourglass, then CTD after a few seconds. Tried with several different variants and liveries but still the same.
I also have AS A320 and A330 installed, as well as planes from other devs. Only have the problem with the CRJ.

Thanks for prompt reply. Oddly enough I have found this works by trial and error since posting the above. 

Quite happy to do this (I will probably forget a few times!), but it's strange as I had the CRJ and CRJ Pro in v4, and didn't need to do it then. Nor do I need to do this for any other aircraft.

• 4 weeks later...

Presumably this also means that you can't use FSUIPC autosave with this plane? Because if you have a CTD for whatever reason, you need to load the FSUIPC autosaved files from the scenario screen (which includes the aircraft, and it causes a CTD). I've tried changing this to a default plane then loading it, but that way you do not get any of the stuff you have set up in the CRJ (flight plan etc) so it's kind of useless?

• Developer

You can load autosave files from within the simulator as well. The only important thing is that you started the sim completely (= you sit in an aircraft). After this, you can load whatever you want. You can also switch from any other add-on aircraft to the CRJ. No problem.

• 5 weeks later...

I am experiencing the same issue with P3Dv5 also. Unfortunately I am not as lucky as @KeithHodkinson. The issue still remains. I installed P3Dv5 on my brand new custom build PC, the only addons I got are GSX and CRJ Pro. I followed the recommendation of loading a default aircraft first and then switch to the CRJ. The moment right after the aircraft is loaded onto the screen, P3D would freeze and crash.  P3D would then shut down completely.

I would be really appreciated would anyone can help!!! Let me know  if more information is needed to troubleshoot the issue

Archived