Liepaja Airport, Latvia for PREPAR3D V4.5 - V5

Each airport has its own history.

The airport has a memorial sign in honor of the pilots of the Liepaja-Grobin Aviation School (Flugzeugführerschule A / B Libau / Grobin), where from October 1943 to February 1944 in Liepaja aerodrome trained 25 former Latvian Aviation Regiment pilots flying with Luftwaffe aircraft Arado With 66 Latvian Night 12 battle group (Nachtschlachtgruppe 12 (Lettisch), NSGr. 12). Six of them became Grobina`s War flying school instructors and up to September 1944 prepared 140 pilots. From May 1944 the Liepaja-Grobina NSGr. 12 headquarters were based at the aerodrome, which in August-September redesigned for Aviation Legion "Latvia" (Luftwaffen-Legion Lettland) training part. 

This commemorative sign in honor of the pilots of the Latvian Aviation Legion (Luftwaffen-Legion Lettland) will also be in the scenery of Liepaja airport.

Please login to display this image.

• Like 1

Of course, Patricio, this commemorative sign is present at the airport. 

If we talk about history, Liepaja airport was built before World War II, when Latvia was part of the Soviet Union. In fact, the Baltic countries were annexed by the USSR for 50 long years. After World War II, an air defense aviation regiment was based at the Liepaja airfield. In general, Liepaja was a closed city, not only for foreigners but also for citizens of the Soviet Union. In Soviet times, there was a submarine base in Liepaja.
After the proclamation of the Independence of Latvia, Liepaja airport received a new status. Passed European certification. 

I have already paid attention to the fact that the airport has done a major reconstruction of the runway, the airport is equipped with all modern navigation aids. AirBaltic is making a huge contribution to the development of the airport.
I saw the project of a new airport, which is planned to be built in the future, it is impressive !!!

I think it's time to start preparing this file for export :)

The next step will be the preparation of the buildings that are located from the hangar of the training center. There are fuel tanks, an old hangar, and several outbuildings.
Then the preparation of the platform. Lighting masts and a number of small details need to be made, including signs along the taxiway and runway.

Then prepare PBR materials.

I saw all Liepaja pictures here and really I am very impressed so detailed historic airport scenery, a dream scenery to add in my system. Animated flags would be a good accent bringing more life to Liepaja Airport. Does Liepaja have a train near to the airport?

Patricio 

There is no train Patricio, but there are ships in the Baltic Sea :)))

I became the proud owner of Covid, unexpectedly. "Good" news always comes in the morning. I hope it doesn't affect my work. So basically, I continue to work on Liepaja and other projects.

19 hours ago, Pavel1971 said:

There is no train Patricio, but there are ships in the Baltic Sea :)))

I became the proud owner of Covid, unexpectedly. "Good" news always comes in the morning. I hope it doesn't affect my work. So basically, I continue to work on Liepaja and other projects.

Covid is a common human issue today so please stay safe you and your family. Liepaja will be well done I know that.

Patricio

Thanks, Patricio.

I also hope everything goes well and treat Covid like rainy weather. You can of course take an umbrella and not get wet. But you can't go through the rain dry. People and Covid will now be neighbors for a long time  :)

11 hours ago, Pavel1971 said:

Thanks, Patricio.

I also hope everything goes well and treat Covid like rainy weather. You can of course take an umbrella and not get wet. But you can't go through the rain dry. People and Covid will now be neighbors for a long time  :)

lol, since the evil is free for a long time can you dress animated people wearing masks in Liepaja (lol)?

Patricio

The territory of the airport, where fuel tanks, a hangar, outbuildings are located, where old equipment is located, which is no longer in use.

The fuel tank is next to the third parking lot. On the sides are two 15 meter lighting masts. All unnecessary polygons inside the tank and lamps are removed.

9 hours ago, Pavel1971 said:

The fuel tank is next to the third parking lot. On the sides are two 15 meter lighting masts. All unnecessary polygons inside the tank and lamps are removed.

That's an Engineer work very nice.

Patricio

A little time needs to be devoted to cars :)

Dacia Duster will be animated.

Several screenshots from yesterday's testing

Liepaja airport from a bird's eye view :)

Basically, the airport will be completed this weekend. The next step is to work with textures for buildings, I want to make individual elements of buildings using pbr textures. Make animation
And after that, I will do the first samples of export to MFS.

I'm at a crossroads with Prepar3D. Apparently, I will prepare Liepaja exclusively for Prepar3D_V5 and MFS.

Every time I make animated people, I remember with gratitude Christian Bahr who helped me teach me how to create people.

And so, animated people at the Liepaja airport.

Besides the people you see, there will be several technicians and, of course, cadets of the airBaltic Flight Academy :)

Also, already animated two cars that drive around the airport, and besides them, the bus will be animated, which will arrive at the bus stop, stand a little near the stop and leave for the city :)

These screenshots clearly show the animated cars that are in the project.
The bus begins to move from the farthest turn and travels towards the airport. Pulls up to a bus stop. Stops and waits for a while then turn around and leaves. There are animated people inside and around the bus stop.
Also, two company cars drive around the airport.

With passengers, I think that's enough. Actually, at the airport, I built everything I planned. There will be a few more technicians, but a little later. Now will need to prepare PBR textures, and try exporting to MFS.

After I export Liepaja to MFS, I think it will not be easy for me, since I have no experience with MFS yet, I will work on night textures, seasons, etc.

I continue to experiment with PBR textures. I have not yet applied PBR textures on such a scale. PBR textures will be both on metal elements of structures, and on such as bricks, concrete, glass.
The results can be seen in the screenshots

At this point, I finished working with the airport. The next step is the export of Liepaja airport to MFS. I hope that I will succeed.

In the meantime, overview screenshots of the flight around Liepaja :)

I will continue to work with the city when I export Liepaja Airport to MFS2020.

Will there be a city in Liepaja. Yes, it will definitely be.

In the first two screenshots, the border where the city will end is highlighted. Most of these white boxes that can be seen now will be replaced by low poly houses, mostly in the private sector, small two-three-story houses, shops. I have already prepared most of the houses, only replacement will need to be done.

Also, all settlements will be made that go from the end of runway 24 to the town of Durbe. This distance is about 20-25 km.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone!
I returned to work on the project of the airport and the city of Liepaja.
Attention will be paid not only to the airport, but to the nature of this region, as well as to the city of Liepaja. Latvia deserves attention to be represented in the simulator not only by large airports, but also by small ones :)
Let me remind you that a branch of the airBaltic Pilot School is located in Liepaja

Liepaja airport runway cover, taxiways and apron clad in PBR texture. In parallel, work is also underway in the city.

I think that at the beginning of August I will be able to finish work on this project.