Lugano for XP10 on DVD vs. Lugano for XP11 via download?

I have Lugano for XP10 on DVD. I'd also like to have Lugano for my XP11. I have used the Aerosoft Update page to register and download the latest version related to my DVD, which seems to imply it is compatible with both XP11 and XP10. What is the difference, if any, between this and the XP11 version currently sold online (I note an XP10 version is no longer listed)?

Many thanks

Andy

• Administrator

As I know, there are some small updates made for Lugano X-Plane 11.

3D Grass, Terrain ...  for example....

May be the Lugano XP11 will work with XP10 too, but no guarantee for that.

The payware Lugano is the same as the updated Lugano with our Update Datenbank for the X-Plane 11 Box.

But there is an upgrade service if you have purchased the XP10 Version of Lugano and want to buy the XP11 Lugano.

But this you only shall do if you not have purchased the Aerosoft XP11 Box with the additionally Airports included (one of the very early versions).

Greets Heinz

1 hour ago, Heinz Flichtbeil said:

The payware Lugano is the same as the updated Lugano with our Update Datenbank for the X-Plane 11 Box.

Many thanks for your reply Heinz 🙂

To be clear, Update Datenbank version I get with my XP10 DVD key is the same as the version pictured below?

Please login to display this image.

If not, can/should I use the Upgrade-Service to get the latest XP11 version?

Thanks again

Andy

• Administrator

Hello Andy,

as I know, the X-Plane 10 DVD Box don't have a key for our Update Datenbank.

And the old Lugano is not the same as the Lugano for X-Plane 11 (Payware and the one include in the Box with the six Airports).

From which key do you speak?

Updateable are only the Lugano XP11 and other airports with the X-Plane 11 Box coming with the six Airport pack.

But there is an upgrade service from the X-Plane 10 Box  to the X-Plane 11 Box with the six Airports incl the new Lugano:
https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/simulators/2637/xplane-11-aerosoft-airport-pack

Upgrade Service.

Also the payware Lugano Airport for X-Plane 10 you can upgrade to Lugano for X-Plane 11.

This is then the only one actual Lugano XP11 we have in the shop.

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/xplane-11/sceneries/2180/airport-lugano-xp11?number=AS14187

Upgrade Service.

1 hour ago, Heinz Flichtbeil said:

as I know, the X-Plane 10 DVD Box don't have a key for our Update Datenbank.

And the old Lugano is not the same as the Lugano for X-Plane 11 (Payware and the one include in the Box with the six Airports).

From which key do you speak?

I entered the Registration-Key on the sticker inside my DVD case (starting AL*) into Update Datenbank. It accepted it and allowed me to download AS_AIRPORT-LUGANO_XPLANE.zip

Please login to display this image.

What has confused me is the mention of XPlane 11, implying this version is for both versions (10 & 11) of the sim, rather than just XP10 listed on the DVD box or just XP11 listed on the current version on the website. 

• Administrator

Yes, this old Lugano is developed for X-Plane 10, but also working with X-Plane 11.

But then for X-Plane 11 without the new XP11 Features like reflektions, PBR, Ground Traffic vehicles (if available)...

Greets Heinz

Archived