Takeoff / landing wants to change

GaryMcCl

I have been using your smaller Airbus' for a while, and I often have to stop and then come of again to enjoy it, but I can see that there has now been a change. I was Fine before, but now I can't seem to get the autopilot to.  The settings are in this pic: hopefully you can see if is a big change to the software that makes it difficult.

Please login to display this image.

I am still in  a massive confussion over why I get the above by trying to do something with an A/FLOOR.  I did hear that is had to switch it off and then on again, which I tried, and then got this:

This on a landing, but I often get problems takng off.  I'm getting the impression that it doesn't wan't to follow the cockpit.  I honestly think it's a problem with the speed, but it never follows what I set it to.

HELP!!

Gaz

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, GaryMcCl said:

I have been using your smaller Airbus' for a while, and I often have to stop and then come of again to enjoy it, but I can see that there has now been a change. I was Fine before, but now I can't seem to get the autopilot to.  The settings are in this pic: hopefully you can see if is a big change to the software that makes it difficult.

I am still in  a massive confussion over why I get the above by trying to do something with an A/FLOOR.  I did hear that is had to switch it off and then on again, which I tried, and then got this:

This on a landing, but I often get problems takng off.  I'm getting the impression that it doesn't wan't to follow the cockpit.  I honestly think it's a problem with the speed, but it never follows what I set it to.

HELP!!

Gaz

The overspeedwarning is becaus of to high speed for flaps full. Teh ECAM is missleading..we need to finetune the text in different overspeed scenarios.

Have you entered the weights? Please uplaod a saved fligth you have normally problems with, at the runway ready for TO. So we can check your settings.

3 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

The overspeedwarning is becaus of to high speed for flaps full. Teh ECAM is missleading..we need to finetune the text in different overspeed scenarios

My impression is that you're aircraft is not showing me the settings correctly.  So does mean it's a problem with them aircraft?

• Deputy Sheriffs
Just now, GaryMcCl said:

My impression is that you're aircraft is not showing me the settings correctly.  So does mean it's a problem with them aircraft?

That's just the ECAM text...you are in OVERSPEED but a different reason as written in ECAM.
It's not a problem of the aircraft...but a result of something you have done...or forgot to do.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, on landing...have you entered the correct wind at PERF APPR page?
Are you using any weather addon with maybe to high setting for turbulence?

6 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Ok, on landing...have you entered the correct wind at PERF APPR page?
Are you using any weather addon with maybe to high setting for turbulence?

1. on landing i don't set them settings.  That is fine, but I found a quick to set them on it's second page for takeoff.  I never changed that page after takeoff - so the aircraft changed?  
  2. ActiveSky. Never been a problem before.

Gaz

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 minutes ago, GaryMcCl said:

1. on landing i don't set them settings.  That is fine, but I found a quick to set them on it's second page for takeoff.  I never changed that page after takeoff - so the aircraft changed?  
  2. ActiveSky. Never been a problem before.

Gaz

1. The PERF page can be scrolled for TO, CLB, CRZ, DES, APPR and GA.

TO and APPR has to be filled out by the pilot.

2. Active Sky default values are way to high. Reduce wind turbulence and turbulence scale. I have both at 30.

In the cases of both issues you have brought up, this is the first time I have to say this on the aircraft:  I liked your aircraft, but it is changing for some reason - I am having to do more?

Quick question - will you continue to make the aircraft more and more like a real A321, and will need training?  If that is the case, and I go through this, I should apply for a A321 pilot license : I'm guessing that your software has a priority - it's not to be enjoyed.!

I agree with trying to make it as much as possible an enjoyable experience, but it is becoming a workhorse.  I know this means it's more like a real aircraft, but there should be a way to make it enjoyable.

Am I right in saying that this software is not right for me any more, or that I should be looking a for "game" when I was loving it just a short time ago?

Gaz

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Gaz,

we haven’t increased  the workload in the professional series. It was always the same to do. There are bugs some missing features we need to fix. But that’s nothing that would increase the workload. With adding modern self aligning IRS we reduced the workload.

We don’t model failures, only standard operating procedures (SOP).

Our aim is to replicate the daily work of a pilot. Together with with the checklist and copilot function it is a really easy flyable aircraft. But it’s nothing for jumping in load ready for takeoff state and just fly.

Especially the MCDU programming has to be done completely. But that was also in the last 32bit Airbus for FSX/P3Dv3 the case.

I hope you keep enjoying the aircraft.

• Deputy Sheriffs

And back to the initial problem, I really think the problem are the heavy turbulence. If there is a sudden strong wind and the indicated airspeed drops the aircraft reacts with it protection modes (A FLOOR is one of them).

Reduce this settings in ActiveSky and it should be better. 

I'll try that, when I get a chance.  

I want to apologise with my last reply. I guess I got too angry at the software - I should not have worded it like that, @masterhawk

I will keep trying given your advice.

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

The only thing I could imagine how you could get into AFLOOR during approach is that you forgot to extend the FLAPS at correct time.
Our speed protection is not working properly, so the speed can drop below O, S, F speeds, it the selected/managed is below them.

Archived